Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Glad to hear from ya so beautiful up there hope it’s all worth it! Stay safe !
Lol 😆 going to be worth it if I'm able to hang long term and stay able bodied and healthy. Attrition and building upon what works

Without Ricky cutting down rounds and helping me I know I'm no longer self sufficient. Not able to do heavy things or the arms give out...

This place would be impossible without any help

sambapati

sambapati

Lol 😆 going to be worth it if I'm able to hang long term and stay able bodied and healthy. Attrition and building upon what works

Without Ricky cutting down rounds and helping me I know I'm no longer self sufficient. Not able to do heavy things or the arms give out...

This place would be impossible without any help
Pretty much feel the same here -- I have to keep my wits about me and stay healthy. Great that you have help -- the mantra of build on what you've got is right on -- keep the fire burning

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oh pc! How can you be so selfish? The sacrifices you make now will benefit your grandchildren and their children. Does that make you feel any better? I think I know the answer! L O L!
nope I don't believe taxing us to help slow down the BS glb warming will do anything. I say dig a hole in the ocean and put the polititions that pushed another tax on us in it......

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Pretty much feel the same here -- I have to keep my wits about me and stay healthy. Great that you have help -- the mantra of build on what you've got is right on -- keep the fire burning
I'm doing exactly that... 🔥is the main key 🗝️ to make it happen

It's certainly not always cooperating. So I need to get a good system for making it happen. The wet is a real obstacle

PXL 20221107 200008617
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

nope I don't believe taxing us to help slow down the BS glb warming will do anything. I say dig a hole in the ocean and put the polititions that pushed another tax on us in it......
Politicians didn't get us global warming. 2 out of 7.3 billion people living plush lifestyle and not giving a fuck about anything but themselves are responsible for that one

Put the blame on the problem. Corporate greed. Ignorance

I suspect you want to throw all the scientists and academics in the same pit

This is what the bible had to say about global warming...

“[t]he nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth”.

Last edited:
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Humans are like ostriches. Bury their head in the sand so the problem goes away

I can see it in myself also sometimes

Global warming created by a modern decadent lifestyle is going to eat the ostrich one day

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Politicians didn't get us global warming. 2 out of 7.3 billion people living plush lifestyle and not giving a fuck about anything but themselves are responsible for that one

Put the blame on the problem. Corporate greed. Ignorance

I suspect you want to throw all the scientists and academics in the same pit

This is what the bible had to say about global warming...

“[t]he nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth”.
We gotta get off this topic .......didn't the bible also say to stone to death disrespectful children? Just saying you can't believe everything you read..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In pc’s defense, anytime your expenses double over the course of a year, especially a large one, it hurts! I don’t blame him for being pissed. Hey, pc. How much do they whack you for electricity back there? If you don’t mind. Here’s what it is In PG&E land.
A74CB0DD 0786 4629 BAAE 815D1E1B64F6

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
In pc’s defense, anytime your expenses double over the course of a year, especially a large one, it hurts! I don’t blame him for being pissed. Hey, pc. How much do they whack you for electricity back there? If you don’t mind. Here’s what it is In PG&E land.View attachment 1300462
Yikes, not that bad, we're 0.18/kwhr+ 15% tax......they've just announced another carbon tax which is said to triple the tax on fuel....Coming soon to every carbon user in Canada still able to live in their own homes or drive their own cars.....diesel is $2.54 =$6.60 gal already and they're going to triple the carbon tax? Our yearly oil bill went from $700 - $1200 - 1800, now it'll be $4,000+ and climbing fast...... fk the Puffins

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Yikes, not that bad, we're 0.18/kwhr+ 15% tax......they've just announced another carbon tax which is said to triple the tax on fuel....Coming soon to every carbon user in Canada still able to live in their own homes or drive their own cars.....diesel is $2.54 =$6.60 gal already and they're going to triple the carbon tax? Our yearly oil bill went from $700 - $1200 - 1800, now it'll be $4,000+ and climbing fast...... fk the Puffins
Best to burn wood 🪓. Or is there a tax for that also

Free is always good. Same with free solar panel credits

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

So did they say anything else about how they're going to spend your money 💰 to save the world...

What there going to build with the extra money....

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ouch! That’s brutal! Maybe that’s one of the drawbacks of living in a country with less people than California. Not as many people to spread the graft and greed out among. Have to shoulder a bigger share! That’s all I use for heat. Wood. If I have to buy it it will cost me about 1400 a winter To keep the place cozy. But a lot of counties in Cali are going no woodburning stove, Unless you get grandfathered in. The Times they are a changing!

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

So I feel compelled to clarify. In retrospect I guess I thought PC was denying global warming phenomenon. Like many people here in my country....

But you appear not to be doing that. Just general complaints about the taxation schemes...

I certainly am sympathetic to that one brother. Don't understand how we're going to tax our way out of it all anyhow...

Certainly changes are coming. People need alternative not heavier burden for the same thing and anyone in Canuckistan need heat for sure

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Best to burn wood 🪓. Or is there a tax for that also

Free is always good. Same with free solar panel credits
There's a lot of folks here using wood but it's a lot work and hard to find a good source, then there's the fire & soot & storing dry wood and bugs, my distance from a volunteer fire dept depends on my insurance costs. Getting someone to do it that doesn't want to makle 5 grand for 2 days work would be an issue too.

We had the cash at one time to get a nice wood fire place and hearth and had 3 outfits say they'd be here to give us a quote...25 years ago now....still waiting for one of them to call......We tried to get some carpeting done, stopped in talk about it said yep I'll be out Tuesday......that was last May........I could go on & on its not easy living on the edge of the world..................

Daylight savings just fked me up too, I went down to look at the girls & take some pics....lol...lights out now 6:30....ah fk its a conspiracy all this fking with my peace and fking harmony.........Fk the puffins too........lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
There's a lot of folks here using wood but it's a lot work and hard to find a good source, then there's the fire & soot & storing dry wood and bugs, my distance from a volunteer fire dept depends on my insurance costs. Getting someone to do it that doesn't want to makle 5 grand for 2 days work would be an issue too.

We had the cash at one time to get a nice wood fire place and hearth and had 3 outfits say they'd be here to give us a quote...25 years ago now....still waiting for one of them to call......We tried to get some carpeting done, stopped in talk about it said yep I'll be out Tuesday......that was last May........I could go on & on its not easy living on the edge of the world..................

Daylight savings just fked me up too, I went down to look at the girls & take some pics....lol...lights out now 6:30....ah fk its a conspiracy all this fking with my peace and fking harmony.........Fk the puffins too........lol
😂

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Going to plant ☘️ where the bamboo is growing.... This is a invasive plant that gets pretty tall

Bunch fell down on the trails up so I had to cut it again

The soil is ideal in these spots it seems

PXL 20221108 005616618

PXL 20221108 005628842
Top Bottom