Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

My nephew has one of those that he uses in the backyard and takes camping to the beach and wherever! He loves it! Don’t think it will work in Franksters Application though. Due to wood being somewhat scarce. Those are more of a luxury fire pit that you sit around in a lounge chair, put your feet up, and get shitfaced!
Yeah I agree and didn't know wood was scarce for him. They burn through wood like paper

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Looks like you are venting out that wall in a very short throw. Do me a favor and remove that pipe every couple of months and clean it out.

Dick Van Dyke as chimney-sweep Bert in Mary Poppins.
Yeah it's clean now and using mostly alder and maple 🍁 so not much soot but I will be using some fir for starting if I can find it

I've seen them catch on 🔥

Bro you are in the harshest environment fkin imaginable and nobody at the Farm here can compare. We must rally around you and everyone throw in a $1 or 2 and BAMM let's get you the fkin baddest ass heater out there. Check these fkrs out

Don't laugh this guy rocks 😄 and this is great review

Maybe for outside. I got a big smoker I've been using. For inside I have to have ventilation

Sarasota is just about recovered from the hurricane - only about 1/12 hours away so not a long trip
My dad's house built like an industrial complex with minimal damage from the eye of it all at ground zero in Cape Coral

I think he built a sump pit under it all with big pumps. His fence and a few trees are toast

Screenshot 20221023 164649
Screenshot 20221023 164635
NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Beginning to look downright cozy in there, Frankster.Keep your eyes open for a metal 5 gallon bucket or coal scuttle for emptying the stove. And you can get dampers to install in the pipe if you have a mind to. I kind of like the one I put in mine. Give you a little more control over the burn.View attachment 1295537
Yeah 👍 I might put one on. Trying to keep cost down. Another two hundred spent in Lowes on the flew and a new splitting maul and two more bins....

I'm kinda doing things as it becomes warranted or necessary but conserving $$$ when I can be

Going to start using the local food bank some so I can save more. Took a look at what someone brought back and it's better than what I get at the store 😆 and three miles verses thirty miles away

The food bank is always good in Washington impossible to go hungry unless you're just incompetent

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah it's clean now and using mostly alder and maple 🍁 so not much soot but I will be using some fir for starting if I can find it

I've seen them catch on 🔥

Maybe for outside. I got a big smoker I've been using. For inside I have to have ventilation

My dad's house built like an industrial complex with minimal damage from the eye of it all at ground zero in Cape Coral

I think he built a sump pit under it all with big pumps. His fence and a few trees are toast
I know a fence guy in the area ! Lol hope everyone is ok!

sambapati

sambapati

Yeah it's clean now and using mostly alder and maple 🍁 so not much soot but I will be using some fir for starting if I can find it I've seen them catch on 🔥 Maybe for outside. I got a big smoker I've been using. For inside I have to have
Low forties at night and rain.. 😆. Good thing we are warm and dry

Unusual strong rain 🌧️

The good
View attachment 1296134
The bad
View attachment 1296133

And the ugly...
View attachment 1296130
Cover your wood there 1/2 brother

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Low forties at night and rain.. 😆. Good thing we are warm and dry Unusual strong rain 🌧️ The good View attachment 1296134 The bad View attachment 1296133 And the ugly... View attachment 1296130
when I went up to Mad River back in the late 70s to grow the guy we worked for had us go down every month to the food handout. Back then you got USDA government powdered eggs, powdered milk, a bag of cornmeal, and a block of cheese that came from the government stash. The cheese was just like Velveeta. And other stuff rice, instant potatoes, etc. you didn’t hear me complaining! It was two years of growing I was hungry enough times to get over being persnickety about food! Iol! To this day I’ll eat about anything it doesn’t eat me first! I don’t care how old it is! If it smells OK, down the hatch it goes!

sambapati

sambapati

when I went up to Mad River back in the late 70s to grow the guy we worked for had us go down every month to the food handout. Back then you got USDA government powdered eggs, powdered milk, a bag of cornmeal, and a block of cheese that came from the government stash. The cheese was just like Velveeta. And other stuff rice, instant potatoes, etc. you didn’t hear me complaining! It was two years of growing I was hungry enough times to get over being persnickety about food! Iol! To this day I’ll eat about anything it doesn’t eat me first! I don’t care how old it is! If it smells OK, down the hatch it goes!
Cornbread is awesome, must use cast iron skillet, cheese/jalapenos. You and Frankster come visit and we'll show you really delicious food you've not seen B4.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Oh, I don’t doubt for one second that it will be some food that I haven’t seen before! Taking a break from from Trimming to check on Frankster. What up, mountain man? Are you staying warm and dry? And your four-legged compadres. Getting some of the wrinkles ironed out? I hope so! Looks like winter is starting to ramp up!

sambapati

sambapati

Oh, I don’t doubt for one second that it will be some food that I haven’t seen before! Taking a break from from Trimming to check on Frankster. What up, mountain man? Are you staying warm and dry? And your four-legged compadres. Getting some of the wrinkles ironed out? I hope so! Looks like winter is starting to ramp up!
Happy Halloween all u scary friends some vampire blood stew for y'all
20221020 150233

NotFrankster

NotFrankster

Frankster Be putting that clam to the test next week! Dipping down into the 20s! Brrrrrrrr!
Huge storm. Snow ❄️ the day before that...

Freaking flooded big-time below it's literally level five rapids
Phone been down. Nearly knee high in water going out and in on the road in some spots Wish I could have gotten pictures of the other night and the high point of the river.... Fifty mile hour wind and rain.... Upper thirties some nights already

PXL 20221106 185929270
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Phone been down. Nearly knee high in water going out and in on the road in some spots Wish I could have gotten pictures of the other night and the high point of the river.... Fifty mile hour wind and rain.... Upper thirties some nights already
Make me shiver that snow on the mountains, a pretty picture but burrrr, We have great weather here now 21C today and its been warm all week, I've seen snow here at this time of year and day light savings time in N.S. is normally gloomy weather wise but I'm still in Tshirt and shorts....cools down some early this week but warms up again Wed/Thursday.....With heating oil at $2.10+ 15% tax/ litre in a 1000l oil tank it gets fking expensive to stay warm up here....2 fills over the winter.....Yikes $4,000.00+ this year for heat???.......not to be selfish or anything but Fk the greenies we need GLB warming......I want to see palm trees growing along our coast line....fk the puffins...lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Make me shiver that snow on the mountains, a pretty picture but burrrr, We have great weather here now 21C today and its been warm all week, I've seen snow here at this time of year and day light savings time in N.S. is normally gloomy weather wise but I'm still in Tshirt and shorts....cools down some early this week but warms up again Wed/Thursday.....With heating oil at $2.10+ 15% tax/ litre in a 1000l oil tank it gets fking expensive to stay warm up here....2 fills over the winter.....Yikes $4,000.00+ this year for heat???.......not to be selfish or anything but Fk the greenies we need GLB warming......I want to see palm trees growing along our coast line....fk the puffins...lol
Oh pc! How can you be so selfish? The sacrifices you make now will benefit your grandchildren and their children. Does that make you feel any better? I think I know the answer! L O L!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter

Right on, Frankster! Was beginning to worry about you a little bit. Thought maybe you had tucked Your tail between your legs and bailed!😁 that mountain shot looks like some Jeremiah Johnson shit. At least now you are getting a look at what you will have to deal with. Gonna take lots of wood! And a heap of work! Do you notice the animals looking at each other with that, what the fuck did he get us into, Look on their faces? Well hang in there and it’s good to hear from you and look forward to seeing some pictures mother nature throwing haymakers.

Top Bottom