Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Oldchucky
Came across these 6 pages this morning, wow, many many respects going out to you on the recent losses, heartfelt for sure.

I’m about the same vintage as you, also living up in the California mountains, above Auburn. This heat this year has been something special (not) we’ve been averaging 95-101 here. My above ground girls have been a little pissed with life this summer, keeping those root-balls kinda-cool has been a bit of a challenge, our in-ground girls have been going crazy though as we “normally” never see this kind of consistent high temps for months. But on the flip side, our green crack harem are all over 6.5’ and Just starting to flower so the heat “may” bring a decent bumper-crop this fall.
We’ve only had 2 days this year when the Yosemite fires blew smoke up this way, but quickly dissipated, unlike last summer which seemed like a nasty smoke-fest, and not a good one.
All the best to you and your outside harem…

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Howdy neighbor! Well almost! On the valley floor, elevation 300 feet. Any elevation that you have can only benefit you concerning the heat. But it is still hotter than hell till you get up above 3000. I agree, it’s all about keeping the roots happy. They love the sunshine and I am thinking are pretty happy with the low humidity. In the ground is probably the best way to achieve that. I think you’ll score big on those girls. Smoke was bad last year. This is the end of the valley and really get socked in with it. All of August and half of September you could walk outside at noon and stare at the sun, a big red ball. That can’t be good for a flowering plant. Have to email Bugbee. Maybe he will research it. L O L! But I think we have it made overall. Once September rolls Around, everyone North of Oregon, east of the Rockies, and south of the Mason-Dixon line, is gearing up for the fight Of their life! Pretty much on cruise control for us. And if the rain holds off till very late October or November we are golden! Shoot us some pictures of your plants and don’t be a stranger!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Sorry to hear @Oldchucky at least you've still got the girls to keep you company :)

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Thanks shaded one! And pleasant companions they are! It’s all part of getting old. 50% of married people or long term partners will experience it sooner or later. May sound like a heartless prick and probably am but it could’ve been worse! Could’ve been me doing the suffering and dying! L O L! It is what it is! We have to deal with it! Take it easy.

steamroller

steamroller

Heartfelt thoughts.
None of us will escape death.
We don't have to embrace it or lack concern for when our time comes.
We need to accept the lack of control we have and find some way to make it work for us.
Some have been raised to understand and others seem 'sheltered' on overcoming adversity?
God bless man.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on steamroller! I agree! No escaping the final reality! But I will try and exercise the only weapon I know of to combat it with! Gonna try and Fucking laugh at it! One thing I’ve learned in 67 years is you have to keep your sense of humor. If you lose that you might as well be dead! And in my opinion nothing is sacred when it comes to humor! L O L! You got lucky, I was about to get a long winded and relayed a few poignant death stories that I’ve gleaned from 25 years of delivering medical equipment to people dying. But I got a phone call! L O L! Now I have to go out and check on my plants and make sure they’re not melting down in the heat! I always lurk on your grows and you’re looking good! Take it easy brother.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I don’t care what you say man, everyone deserves condolences. I work at a death hospital, my wife is a hospice nurse, and my brother just quit his mortuary job so we see it everyday but when it hits close to home it’s not the same. Please do take care of yourself cuz I don’t care what people say, life is fucking hard!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
L O L! Sound like a cross between the Addams family and the munsters! I hear you man. When it is an integral part of your life you get hardened to it. But we are the people you need to have around when it is taking place because we don’t melt down like the majority! Hope you and your family are doing well down there. Will post some pictures of the plants this evening. A lot of males, but should get four or five decent females and with a little luck might have a decent harvest. Would love to get enough to try this hash making stuff. I don’t want to try counting my chicks before they are hatched! Thanks for the shout out,Friend. Life goes on! Within us and without us! Can’t wait till you get something going again, and will talk to you later!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on,Jimmie! We are going to feel that way till we get our asses kicked! L O L! All I know is the fight better be over with within 30 seconds! I smoke! If it goes any longer than that I am a goner! Ha ha! But I like to Hedge my bet. I carry an ax handle behind the seat! Stay young and keep moving brother!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Slow going for a few. Oh well. Female dream starting to get bent over! Ha ha!
D9EBA6C8 1AE8 41D9 8696 67192D1DD97C
. Two female dreams in the same pot, dammit. Don’t know if I want to try to separate them into different pots. Don’t want to kill both of them! They’ve been in the pot for a while. I’ll figure something out. Maybe bend them away from each other.
D83FC5D5 80B1 4DC0 9B8F 268B64640041
Two frosted Altoids, both looking kind of masculine! Another dammit!
EA639C03 9CE3 45E9 BA4E 7A7D1EF5E0DA
. Two female old growth og. Not growing as fast as I would like but maybe they will takeoff!
873AADF9 0911 4F6B 8EE5 1E2F14290DB3
. And one male San Fernando that I am going to leave out unprotected. Yanking is too good for it! Going to see if it dies a slow death by nibbling!
A8C5EA1F FD23 4FE3 BBC3 420BA31E378B

AirHammer

AirHammer

Slow going for a few. Oh well. Female dream starting to get bent over! Ha ha!View attachment 1266846. Two female dreams in the same pot, dammit. Don’t know if I want to try to separate them into different pots. Don’t want to kill both of them! They’ve been in the pot for a while. I’ll figure something out. Maybe bend them away from each other.View attachment 1266847 Two frosted Altoids, both looking kind of masculine! Another dammit!View attachment 1266848. Two female old growth og. Not growing as fast as I would like but maybe they will takeoff!View attachment 1266849. And one male San Fernando that I am going to leave out unprotected. Yanking is too good for it! Going to see if it dies a slow death by nibbling!View attachment 1266850
Why would you let more than one grow per pot? Transplanting would be risky business as you know already.

The second alt sounds better, tie they away.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The third Altoids looks mail also. The fourth too small to tell or really to mess with. I think you will get four out of five females. Think I got all the males. Lol. Good to hear you’re back in business!

Top Bottom