Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And an idiot at the helm! Time to weigh anchor and steam full speed ahead into the maelstrom! Decided to try dark heart nursery, you can put them out in March and April if they are seedlings. Bullshit! Nothing but a cute little balls and cute little buds! A couple haven’t shown yet but I don’t have high hopes. but being an accomplished failure, I have 12 more in the solos. And more seeds to pop. The only thing perpetual about my grows is perpetually popping and starting new seedlings to replace the ones I kill! L O L! Been getting bugged about starting a thread for the summer so time to make my ineptitude a matter of public record. Stop in and take a look if you want to feel good about yourself. Will post some pictures and updates periodically. And howdy to all you hot weather growers.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Three Humboldt dream regs Close to being ready to go out back in the bushes into bigger pots. Probably next Saturday.
04068D7C 9FDF 4557 A10E 004989E5A606
7B8E5B31 10F3 4EA3 8D5F 524F4831CA62
Various other strains will go out in a couple of weeks.
04068D7C 9FDF 4557 A10E 004989E5A606
04244DAE 03B7 4DCC 927B 37F6D1A43BC9
And a couple of lurkers waiting for me to put them out and drop my guard! Need to get some more welded wire fencing.
272C004D D59E 4548 A1E7 7DE378B33704

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Time for an update. Can’t chirp without backing it up. Friend came by with a blue lab. Was wondering what my Well Water was like. Turns out, high sixes pH with An EC of .3. There goes another excuse for my failures. Sounds halfway decent. Check my soil concoction with a slurry. PH the same as the water. Nitrate test strip showed probably close to 1500 ppm. I am no soil expert obviously but that sounds a little hot. So I have been whacking it approximately 50-50 with happy frog. Now onto a few pictures.
848E7C04 6729 4523 8F0A FEE05F14A0C5
the Curly Q Howard Memorial soil research facility in red Bluff.
14E630DC D576 46EF AA7F 246815C2FBA1
The Larry fine home for abused and neglected children!
9B0448B8 006A 4795 BF57 CAE118975CD4
Upper left straight Jamaican. Other two are Jamaican white widow.
CE0D7F6E 698F 4695 8555 3077B1283BB8
A couple of San Fernando Valley Kush. These five are courtesy of the Washington state wild man! And will bear the full brunt of the sun all day.
051CECB0 C8A6 45DA 9D7D 20ADF693D5EB
Old growth OG on the right which is the only feminized strain going.Humboldt dream on the left. Mostly full sun.
6A46222D 7F22 4EC0 BB8D 5A84822F0991
Two Humboldt dreams and an Old growth 0G. Filtered sunlight just to see how they do in the heat. May have to move them. Have four frosted Altoids courtesy of we toke Chronic that are almost ready to be a potted. Summer is rapidly approaching thanks for taking a look. All criticism encouraged!
0E909B9B 9BB2 4EF7 B6A1 984834FE342A
5D4E37D4 1193 4EE0 963A 9B5CFEED7BB2
My brother bagged this sow two days ago down in Riverside County. Said the quality of the meat is way better than he expected. processing it tomorrow. He Let them sit in salt and ice for a few days before processing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Time for an update. Can’t chirp without backing it up. Friend came by with a blue lab. Was wondering what my Well Water was like. Turns out, high sixes pH with An EC of .3. There goes another excuse for my failures. Sounds halfway decent. Check my soil concoction with a slurry. PH the same as the water. Nitrate test strip showed probably close to 1500 ppm. I am no soil expert obviously but that sounds a little hot. So I have been whacking it approximately 50-50 with happy frog. Now onto a few pictures.View attachment 1255149the Curly Q Howard Memorial soil research facility in red Bluff.View attachment 1255150The Larry fine home for abused and neglected children!View attachment 1255162Upper left straight Jamaican. Other two are Jamaican white widow.View attachment 1255163A couple of San Fernando Valley Kush. These five are courtesy of the Washington state wild man! And will bear the full brunt of the sun all day.View attachment 1255167Old growth OG on the right which is the only feminized strain going.Humboldt dream on the left. Mostly full sun.View attachment 1255168Two Humboldt dreams and an Old growth 0G. Filtered sunlight just to see how they do in the heat. May have to move them. Have four frosted Altoids courtesy of we toke Chronic that are almost ready to be a potted. Summer is rapidly approaching thanks for taking a look. All criticism encouraged!View attachment 1255173View attachment 1255174My brother bagged this sow two days ago down in Riverside County. Said the quality of the meat is way better than he expected. processing it tomorrow. He Let them sit in salt and ice for a few days before processing.
Hey, with me being up north here in Nova Scotia your weather sounds nice for a holiday but not to live and work in for long. We have only hit 70f 3 - 4 times so far this year, today is the first day of summer its cloudy drizzling and 55f -13c but it looks like we get to 25c - 77 and raining this Sat................... Ya wanna switch place for a week or 3? lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
But it’s a dry heat! L O L. After a month of this your offer is going to look mighty tempting! No rain here probably till October. Winter is the best time of year around here. Things come alive! I’ve seen your pictures of yours and I wouldn’t last a week back there. Do me a favor and post an occasional picture of your lush green landscape and the wet stuff falling from the sky so I can cool off vicariously by staring at them! L O L

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
But it’s a dry heat! L O L. After a month of this your offer is going to look mighty tempting! No rain here probably till October. Winter is the best time of year around here. Things come alive! I’ve seen your pictures of yours and I wouldn’t last a week back there. Do me a favor and post an occasional picture of your lush green landscape and the wet stuff falling from the sky so I can cool off vicariously by staring at them! L O L
I lived in California for 2 years in the 70's, the San Louis Obisbo / Morrow Bay area. I loved the winters on the coast, even the summers when we could count on clear shies, not so here when it gets hot ( 90f) it gets 95 -100% humidity, try keeping a grow room happy with those conditions to deal with....I get condensation on my heat ducts, plumbing & everything gets this moldy smell, fkin mushrooms popping up in small cracks in corner of my basement.

I've been in Vegas a few times when its been 124f mid July & August, I loved it cruising out into the dessert going 100 mph + in a rented convertible Mustang. Once down to Laughlin in under an hour, just flying our wheels barely touching the pavement.....We we're having a blast drunk as skunks both ways....I should be in jail still for that dangerous adventure. I still have the giant martini glass that had free refills lol

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve heard horror stories about the humidity. No evaporation equals no cooling when you’re outdoors. 100° and 90% humidity and no ac, and old farts like me start dying. Read about it in Chicago every summer heat wave. And those long desert stretches of Highway have that effect on people. Will turn the most mild-mannered driver into Mario Andretti! I’ll bet many a family sedan has limped into Barstow with valves clattering Or on a hook with a blown engine! And with an Irate wife in her husband’s ear going, dammit George! What the hell got into you! LOL

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Drought city for the last few years. After a normal winter this pond would have eight or 9 feet of water in the deep end. I would be swimming and cooling off for the next couple of months. The water was dirty enough so the sun would only penetrate about 6 inches and the water would stay nice and cold. That luxury is a distant memory.
39CBAFDD A07D 4757 B838 DF57E213AFA8

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I’ve heard horror stories about the humidity. No evaporation equals no cooling when you’re outdoors. 100° and 90% humidity and no ac, and old farts like me start dying. Read about it in Chicago every summer heat wave. And those long desert stretches of Highway have that effect on people. Will turn the most mild-mannered driver into Mario Andretti! I’ll bet many a family sedan has limped into Barstow with valves clattering Or on a hook with a blown engine! And with an Irate wife in her husband’s ear going, dammit George! What the hell got into you! LOL

I was born and raised on the south side of Chiraq. I'm glad I moved to CO for a multitude of reasons, and you just reminded me of 1 more reason - it gets so damn humid there in the summer if you don't have gills you gotta buy a dehumidifier to breathe LOL

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Glad you escaped. All the hubbub about the school shootings and rightfully so! But 20 kids or young adults get killed in Chicago every weekend and nobody seems to give a shit! I guess if it’s not done with an AR 15 it is acceptable!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
San Fernando’s seem to enjoy it a little more.
33286F21 0866 4140 84EF 92E471CAB7A0

Humboldt dream and Fem Old-growth OG pushing 3 feet.
0D3F89AA 8B95 4B20 9DC4 03AE72D2DC96
. And the two in the shade that need to be skidded out into the sun somehow.
BC72BFB7 5676 467E BBA2 15AAE91C7735
Need to pick up some half-inch drip. These things are too far from the water sources.

Ponky

Ponky

Glad you escaped. All the hubbub about the school shootings and rightfully so! But 20 kids or young adults get killed in Chicago every weekend and nobody seems to give a shit! I guess if it’s not done with an AR 15 it is acceptable!
It's way more than 20..... :(
And it's the biggest unaddressed elephant in the room. How to fix it? Punish the law abiding. Oh man... now I'm bummed out. But some nice kush oughta cheer me up.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Lost my hiking and swimming buddy a week ago. It was time.
9687C36F A59C 4686 83B6 A678A1DE9513
. Also have a wife circling the drain in the bedroom. The usual, head and neck cancer. But such is life! Not whining! Also found a new friend. Has been on the verge of going to the dump for years. Guy at work said it’s a decoy hauler. Makes a great pot hauler, All-terrain. Damn glad I didn’t get rid of it. Use it to move a pot out into the sun from the shade. 67 year olds probably shouldn’t be Hoisting 80 or 90 pound pots and took me right to the limit. L O L
56AD471E 8354 4F60 97B6 EEA6D1B09692
No an update on the plants.
also ran 500 feet of half-inch drip out to the pots. Didn’t take long to figure out hand watering was not an option! Many thanks to those who stop by to take a look and critique!

Latest posts

Top Bottom