Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Curious what ya think here ? Bro science? Or does the stress really produce

I tend to think the right stress at the right time could have a worthwhile impact. I also think there is something to the 48hr dark before dry. Too many good growers do it for it to be bunk. Might not do much but appears worth it. What do you think? Total hogwash/bro science?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I tend to think the right stress at the right time could have a worthwhile impact. I also think there is something to the 48hr dark before dry. Too many good growers do it for it to be bunk. Might not do much but appears worth it. What do you think? Total hogwash/bro science?
I may go out and drill a few holes in her too! L O L! Most of this stuff doesn’t cost anything to try, so why not!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I may go out and drill a few holes in her too! L O L!
No doubt. And you have stalks like 3-4 times thicker to work with. I've seen some real cool stuff on stalk splitting with plants that were topped. Right at that spot they literally take a small hatchet and split the stalk clean if half about 6" of stalk. Then just takes zip tie and zipp 😂 amazing what they can handle

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
DON'T TAKE NO SHIT CHUCKY!
Likely didn't mention this but my middle name is Charles 😯
Are you doing that to stress her out? I drilled holes in my stalks a few days before harvest and think I appeared crazy 😂 but I can't help but believe there is something to the right kind at the right times no?
I've never done that myself but I've seen vids of some of the California guys growing their 20ft monsters with roots 1ft wide drilling big holes in them so there must be something to it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I've never done that myself but I've seen vids of some of the California guys growing their 20ft monsters with roots 1ft wide drilling big holes in them so there must be something to it.
Yeah your environment probably plays a big part in whether this Anecdotal stuff works or not. What works in Cali might not work in Maine! And vice versa! I think I’ll break out the D Walt and go make Swiss cheese out of her! L O L!

sportyridr

sportyridr

DON'T TAKE NO SHIT CHUCKY!
Likely didn't mention this but my middle name is Charles 😯
Are you doing that to stress her out? I drilled holes in my stalks a few days before harvest and think I appeared crazy 😂 but I can't help but believe there is something to the right kind at the right times no?

I have to LOL at the Hippo....

He's lookin like "why you fu@k that up like that"? lmfao 😂 😂 😂

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well thinkin bro science- especially the 48 hours of darkness - I’ve seen a few studies and I’ve personally done a side by side with clones , and when I chop at the end of a light cycle I seem to get more terps . But it’s all opinionated do what works for you I always say!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Well thinkin bro science- especially the 48 hours of darkness - I’ve seen a few studies and I’ve personally done a side by side with clones , and when I chop at the end of a light cycle I seem to get more terps . But it’s all opinionated do what works for you I always say!
Hmmm I don't like the sound of that lol you know way too much for me not to take heed. The proof is in the pudding and you've made a ton of it while I am still reading the back of the box in aisle 3 😆 And poof just like that I don't want to do 48hr anymore 😁

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My growing mentors Larry and Curly suggested that if a nail works a little, why not try this! I had to agree! Curly Said, will teach her to lag behind! Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've wondered about the dark period at the end but gave it no heed thinking I'd need proper equipment to test results anyways.

This year we had a hurricane blow through and I had a Gelato I was letting go, it was at 11 weeks flower and I pulled it out and stood her on a bench in my work shop with only dim lighting for a few hours per day when I'm down here. After 2 days of trimming a bit here and there we lost power and I let her sit there for another 2 -3 days with only 12hrs of reflective light / day out of the tent from my generator power......................... I swear that when I got back to cleaning her up for drying she was stickier & darker in color...........4 - 5 days of shade??? did something to her I'm going to try and repeat it on the next plants I chop........Maybe 3-4 days of dark

It also makes trimming much less tedious when I can do it over 3-4 days.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My growing mentors Larry and Curly suggested that if a nail works a little, why not try this! I had to agree! Curly Said, will teach her to lag behind! Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!
You gotta be old,,,,say that to any of the younger crowd and they wouldn't get that at all, I'll duck before I get a slap upside my head & 2 fingers in my eye's.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You gotta be old,,,,say that to any of the younger crowd and they wouldn't get that at all, I'll duck before I get a slap upside my head & 2 fingers in my eye's.
😂 Was that gelato still in a pot? Maybe you drought Stressed her also. You just never know with this stuff. Always looking to try something outside of the box near harvest. Usually won’t do any harm and might actually do some good! And doing something different keeps it more interesting and fun! Don’t want to get stuck in a rut! There is always more than one way to skin a cat! Oops! Sorry about that, PC! 😁

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
😂 Was that gelato still in a pot? Maybe you drought Stressed her also. You just never know with this stuff. Always looking to try something outside of the box near harvest. Usually won’t do any harm and might actually do some good! And doing something different keeps it more interesting and fun! Don’t want to get stuck in a rut!
Not really until the last day. It didn't go through the last watering before I pulled her and the cool basement maybe 68f didn't dry it out. ya still in a 3 galon pot. I've pics here somewhere of the plant after I pulled her I see if I can locate

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I put a dent..about 1/3 of a plant trimmed. I do a second finer trim after a few days of hanging up.

Lots of chunky buggers to go yet.

8 weeks and 3 days. The last couple have been iffy. It was time to go.

I will breed this pm resilient plant with some earlier starting ak-47 that is also resistant. Plus it begins flowering a few weeks sooner. And see what happens.

20221018 1148196037
20221018 1158286038
20221018 1327096040
20221018 1327266039
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I put a dent..about 1/3 of a plant trimmed. I do a second finer trim after a few days of hanging up.

I will breed this pm resilient plant with some earlier starting ak-47 that is also resistant. Plus it begins flowering a few weeks sooner. And see what happens.
Looking Sweet there, sticky! Way to push them as long as you can! Hope it smokes as good as it looks!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hmmm I don't like the sound of that lol you know way too much for me not to take heed. The proof is in the pudding and you've made a ton of it while I am still reading the back of the box in aisle 3 😆 And poof just like that I don't want to do 48hr anymore 😁
Think dr. Bruce bugbee has some research on the subject - then another member convinced me to try and in my opinion it works.

Moshmen

Moshmen

When ya gotta break out the wheel barrel you know it’s a good haul ! Nice work

Top Bottom