Blazing Oaks 2016

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree! How's it look shrunk down to business card size? I thought you were a GA major like me, too.

Blaze

Blaze

Yep my degree was in art with an emphasis in graphic design and a minor in photography. I have not kept up on it in years though and no longer have all the needed expensive software (or the time). I did to the sketch of the tree by hand myself, but had someone else do all the composition and text. It looks good shrunk down small for a business card/sticker size.

grayarea

grayarea

i don't like the blend of oak and cannabis. better name for a street then a shop.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Good point, maybe green text?
IMG 8214

Just for kicks this is how the green would look with a black outline. I like it better with the green.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sorry, I liked it the way it was before better. Graphically adding the green does nothing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My graphic arts training kicks in, I don't like the additional color. It could be the shade of green chosen, to my eyes it's completely outside the color story in the logo. Sorry! :D

Blaze

Blaze

The outdoor harvest is almost totally done, one more big push this next week to bring in the last few remaining plants that were not ready before, along with whatever second cuttings that have not gone to crap in this awful weather we have been having. Then we just need to clean up the garden, rips out the skeletons, get our cover crop in and schedule our post-harvest inspection and we are finished!

Archive OG:
IMG 20161028 165809

SFV OG Backcross from Little Hill:
IMG 20161028 114542855

The first round of greenhouse plants will come in within the week as well. Some like the Girl Scout Cookies won't be done till about mid November at this point. All the buds look and smell really nice but the yield will not be as good as I had hoped, all this cold, cloudy rainy weather we have been having day after day has definitely taken it's toll, even on the greenhouse plants

Orange Cookies:
IMG 20161028 130842

Watermelon Rancher:
IMG 20161028 104546240

The 'whale powered' cold frame has been doing great, the plants actually grew larger and faster in this mix than that was done in the big greenhouse. We will be harvesting the Urkle Wreck out of here shortly:
IMG 20161028 130429

Candy Land:
IMG 20161028 130607

Urkle Wreck:
IMG 20161028 130700

There have been some incredibly sunrises lately, the views from work never gets old. Little moments like this always remind me what a unique and stunningly beautiful area Mendocino is, and how lucky we all who live here.:

IMG 20161021 191707
IMG 20161028 130842
Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

Got the first round of lab results from the outdoor harvest back today. Looking good so far but I am still waiting on the micro biology and pesticide screenings.

OG Ringo (select pheno from last year). This was the most frosty and visually appealing pheno we got of this strain so far. It has a very mellow but pleasant smell that reminds me of hash and coffee. Tested at 20.73% THC:
161101T001

Watermelon Rancher, @ 17% THC. This was the cut that placed in the Emerald Cup last year and is being featured in the Farmer's Showcase in Santa Rosa next week:
161101T005

Hawaiian Cough #2, tested at 21.93% THC. This was a cross my buddy made last year, it is Watermelon Rancher x Mendo Pineapple. Smells and tastes like pineapple candy, we might be entering this one into the Emerald Cup:
161101T003

Select pheno of Guava Kush F2 x Kush Cleaner (same cross I selected the Watermelon Rancher out of). This was the most potent pheno of the cross and smells and tastes like guava. Might call this one Guava OG on the recommendation of a friend. Tested at 24.84% THC, also another possible Emerald Cup entry:

161101T004

Blaze

Blaze

Finally had a change to catch up on other projects around the ranch this week. Fall brings more than the cannabis harvest here. Our pomegranates are in full swing now, and we will have Pineapple Guavas and Persimmons coming in soon as well. I spent most of yesterday afternoon processing about 60 lbs of pomegranates into pomegranate molasses:

IMG 20161102 074434

IMG 20161104 153220 1

I had a little pomegranate juice left over, so I made the harvest crew some delicious garden cocktails. This was a Pomegranate Lemon Verbena Martini made with Belvedere Vodka, fresh pomegranate juice, and lemon verbena simple syrup:

IMG 20161105 155440

Our olives will be harvested and pressed on Friday. Last year we got over 25 gallons of oil out of 1,200 lbs of olives, which is damn good. Hopefully this year we will get even more.

Even found a few edible giant puffballs recently. We don't get too many edible mushrooms here since we are in a sub-tropical banana belt that tends to star fairly dry and arid so I am always stoked when I find a few. Once harvest is wrapped up I want to head out to the coast to go hunt for some Boletes. My wife went out to the coast last weekend to visit some family and came back with a gallon zip lock of dried boletes, so that should last me a while.:)

IMG 20161101 131635

IMG 20161104 143333

Last edited:
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Got the first round of lab results from the outdoor harvest back today. Looking good so far but I am still waiting on the micro biology and pesticide screenings.

OG Ringo (select pheno from last year). This was the most frosty and visually appealing pheno we got of this strain so far. It has a very mellow but pleasant smell that reminds me of hash and coffee. Tested at 20.73% THC:
View attachment 644066
Watermelon Rancher, @ 17% THC. This was the cut that placed in the Emerald Cup last year and is being featured in the Farmer's Showcase in Santa Rosa next week:
View attachment 644068

Hawaiian Cough #2, tested at 21.93% THC. This was a cross my buddy made last year, it is Watermelon Rancher x Mendo Pineapple. Smells and tastes like pineapple candy, we might be entering this one into the Emerald Cup:
View attachment 644069

Select pheno of Guava Kush F2 x Kush Cleaner (same cross I selected the Watermelon Rancher out of). This was the most potent pheno of the cross and smells and tastes like guava. Might call this one Guava OG on the recommendation of a friend. Tested at 24.84% THC, also another possible Emerald Cup entry:

View attachment 644070
Everything sounds amazing. Those are all my favorite flavors. Goodluck at the Emerald Cup, hope you bring home that trophy.

Blaze

Blaze

Beautiful work Blaze! Good Luck in the Cup.
Everything sounds amazing. Those are all my favorite flavors. Goodluck at the Emerald Cup, hope you bring home that trophy.
Thank you both for the encouragement!

Chopped down the last few remaining worthwhile second and third cuttings today; the 2016 outdoor harvest is officially over! Plants get ripped out tomorrow, and then it is on to clean up and winter prep.

Most of the greenhouse is down now as well, just waiting on the Girl Scout Cookies and Sour Diesel to finish up. The end is finally in sight!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Congrats.

If you have a trimmer crew that needs work hit me up.

Top Bottom