BLM room advice??

• Thread starter hammsreefbeer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hammsreefbeer

Hello farmers,
Hey i was wondering what you guys/gals think about running 2x600w(Horti) over a 5'x12' area?
Ill have 5x5 area on one side w/1 600w and 5x5 on the other side w/ the other 600w and 2'in the middle for me to work,lol.The plants will be 3 weeks behind each other.

thank you.

B

BayAreasFinest

thats only 20w/sf. most growers like to be in the 50-70 range. im at 42w/sf and get good results but the buds arent as dense as when i was running 72w/sf

hiboy

hiboy

This is a good way to set your room up.
I have a grow area which is 5'4"x 24'. I run 3 3x6 tables which equals 18'. The tables are pushed against one side wall with 2' to walk down the room. For lighting i have 6 1000 watters horiz in ducted hoods. The hoods are basically touching, with foil tape connectiong them together. I think you would be underlite with your setup, but it reallys depends if you have the cash for equipment and electrical bills.
hiboy

H

hammsreefbeer

Thanks so much for the replies.

Ya im a little underlit but i keep the relector at 15" so that helps alot and got 24 plants stuffed in a 4x5 area.After havest ill will prob go 16 pots to 4x4 area.Im trying to get a nice SOG going.

I do need to get a new ballast so would you say i could run 1k on the BLM/HAV side and the 600 on the first week BLM side.
Im hoping to more intense lighting doesnt stress.I do have a big coral reef tank so i do know how to light acclimate very well.I run 2x400w over it.lol

H

hammsreefbeer

ok i just bought 2 4x4 hydro trays im going to use for run off and most likely will go ebb and flow on the next one.
So this brings me to my next question.............What would you guys say is the best way to use them while im useing soil?Should i just build the stands and just run them just like i would ebb/flow but just top feed the soil for now.

Top Bottom