Decarb Failed - Can I salvage anything from butter?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PianoStan

PianoStan

I guess thats the other question, this tincture is essentially moon shine aka White Lightning. Placing a 1mL squirt under the tongue is going to burn and grimace like Grandpa Walton taking a swig of the recipe?

Your Kool Aid mix taste like a mixed drink?

Gotta stay away from sugar drinks to keep the A1C at bay at our age.
Exactly like Grandpa Walton. And the human mouth is a pretty dirty place no matter how often you brush your teeth. So when the alcohol contacts the bacteria it tends to foam up some. Kind of like gargling with Hydrogen Peroxide. Plus the cooked taste of de-carbed weed isn't the best taste in the world. It's not really a pleasant taste or feeling. But it IS faster onset than drinking.

My Kool-Aid tastes more like Kool-Aid than a mixed drink. One shot is 1oz (30 ml), and I'm putting 2-3ml in the Kool-Aid. Unless I'm in a party mood, and then I will use 10-15ml. I buy the unsweetened powder packets, so I could use Splenda or whatever to make the Kool-Aid. But I use sugar. Long, long ago I used to drink a LOT, and 190 Everclear was my drink of choice. I always mixed it with Berry Blue Kool-Aid, so it's kind of a nostalgic thing for me. When I drink the tincture mixture, I don't sip it, I just knock it back like it's a double whiskey on the rocks. But you can mix it with whatever your preferred drink is. It would only have the mildest alcohol taste. It depends on whether you are looking for a medicinal result, or want to get wrecked. Obviously, the more you use, the more the alcohol taste will emerge.

B

Budclarkson

If all of that sounds like a headache, why not just clarify some butter on the stove top, and then use that Ongrok machine to make canna-butter? It's just a separate setting on the machine. All you need in order to clarify butter is a simple clarifying measuring cup sold pretty much wherever pots, pans, and other utensils can be found. Then you just have to gently melt the butter, put it in the cup, and pour off the waste. Butter tends to be about 16% water. So, if your recipe calls for a full stick you would need to start with more than one stick (1 stick and 1 1/2Tablespoons or so prior to clarifying) at the start. The ongrok machine will then make canna-butter in 2 hours.

That's how I would make canna-butter (ie infuser) at any rate. It's simpler. With the tincture, I use that to make canna-sugar, or canna-flour, or other canna-"dry" ingredients. That way, I can just pour the tincture onto the sugar, mix it up well. (Since it's all at room temperature the sugar won't melt) And then I can just let the alcohol evaporate naturally leaving behind the decarbed weed.
The small Ongrok came with small (half height) butter molds. Is this the one your using or something else?

How bad is the taste when using the canna butter in baked items? Is using ghee butter vs clarified to mix better or worse? What can be done/added to mute the weed smell/taste in the finished baked product.

I think baking with oil for cake and brownies makes more sense. How can I make oil from the alcohol tincture?

When do I need Lecithen for butter and oil and which organic product do you recommend?

How can I calculate how much to use for a browny or cake bake and scale it for a serving size dose?

My tincture juice should be around 5mg/mL if I cooked it correctly. Maybe slightly less since the data sheet list 13% but smoking can’t tell the difference with the other 15% strains.

B

Budclarkson

Here are some pics of my attempted outdoor bake in the Toaster/pizza oven. Temp was way low and all over the place even with the convection fan turned on.

A476EA41 E82B 4A1D AA27 211E50D4BE9C

71B29BB5 B17C 4792 8365 D40E0B30DE93
61B4EDDF A8AE 482D 9679 B623FCF7EE71
6B97782D 2250 48B4 9CEF 2EFD93B751D4
C2F861C4 9494 4BFA 9B7A 8AA84A8FA470
B

Budclarkson

Here goes the Infusion.

Notice the MIN line mark inside the Ongrok
Line falls short after adding both the 150mL(5 oz) of Everclear plus the decarbed 5gms.

I ran it this way after double checking with water in the measuring cup anyway. Have you seen this?

I assume grinding is unnecessary, just poured the 190 and then dropped in the decarb flower in the pot and hit GO.

AF72D87D 9C28 48AE 8288 D81C985135B8
FE336F2F BD92 43AC A202 879920477482
7EF50242 9CEB 4986 B123 F45D64259651
AB4E91FA 6A93 467F B1CF 0C8D915DFA14
283A12C1 FB5E 48A9 84F8 54C5F93E1BD9

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Toaster oven is the way to go. Run it outside to keep the smell out of the house and it keeps temperature better than a large oven.

I've made a lot of tincture. I stopped about 2 yrs ago when I could no longer get 190 proof alcohol. I do make vanilla extract and several herb tinctures with 80 proof vodka. Takes forever. 190 strips the cannabolids in about 20 minutes😉

PianoStan

PianoStan

The small Ongrok came with small (half height) butter molds. Is this the one your using or something else?

How bad is the taste when using the canna butter in baked items? Is using ghee butter vs clarified to mix better or worse? What can be done/added to mute the weed smell/taste in the finished baked product.

I think baking with oil for cake and brownies makes more sense. How can I make oil from the alcohol tincture?

When do I need Lecithen for butter and oil and which organic product do you recommend?

How can I calculate how much to use for a browny or cake bake and scale it for a serving size dose?

My tincture juice should be around 5mg/mL if I cooked it correctly. Maybe slightly less since the data sheet list 13% but smoking can’t tell the difference with the other 15% strains.
Ghee butter is clarified butter that also has the milk solids and other impurities filtered out. It's ideal for making canna-butter, but is a more expensive product, and nearly the same results can be made from clarifying the butter yourself. The ultimate difference is the straining of the impurities, and butter has a LOT (relatively speaking)

If you are making chocolate cake or brownies, the cooked weed flavor will be 95% mitigated by the chocolate itself. Especially if you are using a rich chocolate mix or recipe. it is light flavors (vanilla, angel food, etc.) that allow the flavor of the cooked weed to bleed through.

Turning oil into canna-oil using a tincture will be far simpler than turning butter into canna-butter via the same process. As I mentioned before, the boiling point of alcohol is 173F. The boiling point of vegetable oil is between 572-680F. Refined coconut oil has a boiling point of 351F. Unrefined coconut oil has a boiling point of 400F. Peanut oil has a 450F boiling point. All of them contain less than 0.1% water. So, using a candy or meat thermometer to heat the oil above 173F (200-225F) will allow you to boil off the alcohol without even coming close to the point of scorching the oil.

However, if you want to remove ALL of the alcohol, a time investment is needed. 30 minutes of boiling the alcohol, NOT the oil, will still leave 85% of the alcohol in the oil. 3.5-4 hours are needed to remove 95% of the alcohol from the oil. I think that the bigger problem that you potentially face is having a small enough sauce pan to accept the 1/4 cup oil (or whatever) in a reasonable manner. The more shallow the depth of the oil/tincture mixture, the greater the proportional surface area being heated, and the more difficult it is to regulate the temperature easily. Of course, that proportional surface area will make it easier to evaporate the alcohol. But it will still require a couple of hours at least.

When it comes to determining a dose for cake/brownie, it depends on what effect you are going for. If you just want a good high, not completely wrecked I suggest 40-60mg per brownie/slice. This again requires some fuzzy math, because I don't know how much THC you consume on a daily basis, your basal metabolic rates, your past medical history, or what medications you routinely take. And all of those factors figure into what dose is appropriate.

Personally, I aim for the 50mg/brownie or slice mark. That way, if one doesn't get you there, it's easy to eat a second. So, the calculation then becomes about what size pan you are using, and how many brownies or cake slices you plan to cut it into. I don't personally like cake, so I've never made one, but it would be the same formula as for the brownies, just with different numbers.

When I make brownies, I use a 9x9 pan, and cut it into 9 brownies. Aiming for 50mg/brownie means that I need 450mg of THC in my oil/butter infusion. If your tincture is 5mg/ml that means that you need 90ml of the tincture to reach that amount. If you are using a bigger pan, or want more brownies or slices, your 750mg tincture can yield up to 15 brownies/slices at 50mg/brownie or slice.

In order to turn the tincture into oil, I would put the 90ml (or whatever you decide) into a measuring cup EQUAL to the amount of oil that your recipe calls for. So, if your recipe calls for 1/4 cup of oil, I would put 90ml of tincture, and 45-50 ml of oil in a nonstick pan and gently heat it to 200-225F. Then, as the alcohol burns off, the THC will be left with the oil. Once the alcohol has burned off, I would then add enough oil to make the necessary 1/4 cup for the recipe. It's somewhat complicated, because the pulverized weed in the tincture will take up some amount of space in the (hypothetical) 1/4 cup of oil.

As you can see from your own pictures, the tincture is pretty dark. As you infuse the oil, it will become mostly black. That's normal, as long as you don't go crazy with the heat, and boil the oil, it won't scorch.

You don't NEED lecithin at all. It can help to make water and oil emulsify, but it's not a standard ingredient in cakes or brownies. The egg yolk contains lecithin naturally, so as long as you mix it really well, it will emulsify on its own. Adding lecithin is an extra step that MIGHT be necessary only if you use liquid egg whites instead of whole eggs, as there will be no lecithin. Also, some people claim that adding lecithin gets them more high. But there is no scientific study that supports this claim.

As far as what type of lecithin to buy, I don't have a preferred one. I don't really use it since I almost never make canna-oil/butter anymore preferring the tincture drink as my method of ingestion. HOWEVER, if you choose to use it, and you want to bind your tincture to the OIL, YOU MUST USE LIQUID LECITHIN. Powdered lecithin will NOT emulsify in oil. It will bind to the THC, and sink to the bottom in unusable clumps destroying the potency of your product.

Conversely, if you ever choose to emulsify a tincture into a water based product (Kool-Aid, orange juice, or some other water based liquid for whatever reason) you have to use powdered lecithin. In that scenario, liquid lecithin won't emulsify properly. it will suspend into a colloidal formation looking more or less like a weak powdered milk solution.

I have used sunflower lecithin in the past, although that was before I knew about the difference between powdered and liquid lecithin. A mistake that I made so that you don't have to! But any trusted food store should have a suitable product. I don't know if you focus on organic or not, so that becomes a personal choice.

What a wall of text. if I have confused you, please tell me where I lost you. also, if you have the instructions for the cake, or brownie you will be making, please include that in the future. The size of the pan, and the number of portions that you want to yield would also help me better dial in the recipe for you.

Finally, I filter and bottle the tincture as soon as it is cool enough to be safely handled. Grain alcohol will evaporate rapidly at room temperature. In fact, if you're not in a race to make your recipe, you can combine the tincture and a small amount of oil (say 3TBSP) in a bowl and leave it out on the counter overnight, or for a day at most. Stir it every couple of hours while awake, and it will sort itself out. That is how you make canna-sugar, canna-flour, and other ingredients.

I hope that this helped. lol

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Ghee butter is clarified butter that also has the milk solids and other impurities filtered out. It's ideal for making canna-butter, but is a more expensive product, and nearly the same results can be made from clarifying the butter yourself. The ultimate difference is the straining of the impurities, and butter has a LOT (relatively speaking)

If you are making chocolate cake or brownies, the cooked weed flavor will be 95% mitigated by the chocolate itself. Especially if you are using a rich chocolate mix or recipe. it is light flavors (vanilla, angel food, etc.) that allow the flavor of the cooked weed to bleed through.

Turning oil into canna-oil using a tincture will be far simpler than turning butter into canna-butter via the same process. As I mentioned before, the boiling point of alcohol is 173F. The boiling point of vegetable oil is between 572-680F. Refined coconut oil has a boiling point of 351F. Unrefined coconut oil has a boiling point of 400F. Peanut oil has a 450F boiling point. All of them contain less than 0.1% water. So, using a candy or meat thermometer to heat the oil above 173F (200-225F) will allow you to boil off the alcohol without even coming close to the point of scorching the oil.

However, if you want to remove ALL of the alcohol, a time investment is needed. 30 minutes of boiling the alcohol, NOT the oil, will still leave 85% of the alcohol in the oil. 3.5-4 hours are needed to remove 95% of the alcohol from the oil. I think that the bigger problem that you potentially face is having a small enough sauce pan to accept the 1/4 cup oil (or whatever) in a reasonable manner. The more shallow the depth of the oil/tincture mixture, the greater the proportional surface area being heated, and the more difficult it is to regulate the temperature easily. Of course, that proportional surface area will make it easier to evaporate the alcohol. But it will still require a couple of hours at least.

When it comes to determining a dose for cake/brownie, it depends on what effect you are going for. If you just want a good high, not completely wrecked I suggest 40-60mg per brownie/slice. This again requires some fuzzy math, because I don't know how much THC you consume on a daily basis, your basal metabolic rates, your past medical history, or what medications you routinely take. And all of those factors figure into what dose is appropriate.

Personally, I aim for the 50mg/brownie or slice mark. That way, if one doesn't get you there, it's easy to eat a second. So, the calculation then becomes about what size pan you are using, and how many brownies or cake slices you plan to cut it into. I don't personally like cake, so I've never made one, but it would be the same formula as for the brownies, just with different numbers.

When I make brownies, I use a 9x9 pan, and cut it into 9 brownies. Aiming for 50mg/brownie means that I need 450mg of THC in my oil/butter infusion. If your tincture is 5mg/ml that means that you need 90ml of the tincture to reach that amount. If you are using a bigger pan, or want more brownies or slices, your 750mg tincture can yield up to 15 brownies/slices at 50mg/brownie or slice.

In order to turn the tincture into oil, I would put the 90ml (or whatever you decide) into a measuring cup EQUAL to the amount of oil that your recipe calls for. So, if your recipe calls for 1/4 cup of oil, I would put 90ml of tincture, and 45-50 ml of oil in a nonstick pan and gently heat it to 200-225F. Then, as the alcohol burns off, the THC will be left with the oil. Once the alcohol has burned off, I would then add enough oil to make the necessary 1/4 cup for the recipe. It's somewhat complicated, because the pulverized weed in the tincture will take up some amount of space in the (hypothetical) 1/4 cup of oil.

As you can see from your own pictures, the tincture is pretty dark. As you infuse the oil, it will become mostly black. That's normal, as long as you don't go crazy with the heat, and boil the oil, it won't scorch.

You don't NEED lecithin at all. It can help to make water and oil emulsify, but it's not a standard ingredient in cakes or brownies. The egg yolk contains lecithin naturally, so as long as you mix it really well, it will emulsify on its own. Adding lecithin is an extra step that MIGHT be necessary only if you use liquid egg whites instead of whole eggs, as there will be no lecithin. Also, some people claim that adding lecithin gets them more high. But there is no scientific study that supports this claim.

As far as what type of lecithin to buy, I don't have a preferred one. I don't really use it since I almost never make canna-oil/butter anymore preferring the tincture drink as my method of ingestion. HOWEVER, if you choose to use it, and you want to bind your tincture to the OIL, YOU MUST USE LIQUID LECITHIN. Powdered lecithin will NOT emulsify in oil. It will bind to the THC, and sink to the bottom in unusable clumps destroying the potency of your product.

Conversely, if you ever choose to emulsify a tincture into a water based product (Kool-Aid, orange juice, or some other water based liquid for whatever reason) you have to use powdered lecithin. In that scenario, liquid lecithin won't emulsify properly. it will suspend into a colloidal formation looking more or less like a weak powdered milk solution.

I have used sunflower lecithin in the past, although that was before I knew about the difference between powdered and liquid lecithin. A mistake that I made so that you don't have to! But any trusted food store should have a suitable product. I don't know if you focus on organic or not, so that becomes a personal choice.

What a wall of text. if I have confused you, please tell me where I lost you. also, if you have the instructions for the cake, or brownie you will be making, please include that in the future. The size of the pan, and the number of portions that you want to yield would also help me better dial in the recipe for you.

Finally, I filter and bottle the tincture as soon as it is cool enough to be safely handled. Grain alcohol will evaporate rapidly at room temperature. In fact, if you're not in a race to make your recipe, you can combine the tincture and a small amount of oil (say 3TBSP) in a bowl and leave it out on the counter overnight, or for a day at most. Stir it every couple of hours while awake, and it will sort itself out. That is how you make canna-sugar, canna-flour, and other ingredients.

I hope that this helped. lol
Coconut oil THC extract use 50/50 with butter for cooking. Brownies, cookies (I always use CBD coco oil/butter for cookies) and anything calling for oil or butter😉 And personally I like the taste of Cana so there's that🙃

B

Budclarkson

Not bad. The “coffe grinds stuck mostly to the upper part of the container. Swiped off the stuff on the side where I would be pouring into the filter. Just a little particles after the first pass thru the filter. Second pass and all the particles gone except some of the tiny “kief” and that was maybe a teaspoon full. Cleaned up equipment with dish soap and water.

I got about 90mL out of it starting with the 150mL everclear. PianoStan does this sound right?

Trying a 1/4 mL (1st line on dropper) just in case the strength doubled. So thats 1.25mg if on target and 2.5mg if somehow doubled with loss of alcohol volume. I usually take 5 hits if normal joint (equivalent to about 3 on a wider cone) with this weed. Not sure what that corresponds to in mg?

For the tincture dropped under tongue and left for a couple of minutes, then swallowed and chased with some Blue Moon Light (formerly LightSky). It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Have had worse.

Nighty night.

B

Budclarkson

Toaster oven is the way to go. Run it outside to keep the smell out of the house and it keeps temperature better than a large oven.

I've made a lot of tincture. I stopped about 2 yrs ago when I could no longer get 190 proof alcohol. I do make vanilla extract and several herb tinctures with 80 proof vodka. Takes forever. 190 strips the cannabolids in about 20 minutes😉
California did that to you guys!? MudderFers

How long does it take with 80proof and what temp. Just in case I need a Plan B someday.

PianoStan

PianoStan

Not bad. The “coffe grinds stuck mostly to the upper part of the container. Swiped off the stuff on the side where I would be pouring into the filter. Just a little particles after the first pass thru the filter. Second pass and all the particles gone except some of the tiny “kief” and that was maybe a teaspoon full. Cleaned up equipment with dish soap and water.

I got about 90mL out of it starting with the 150mL everclear. PianoStan does this sound right?

Trying a 1/4 mL (1st line on dropper) just in case the strength doubled. So thats 1.25mg if on target and 2.5mg if somehow doubled with loss of alcohol volume. I usually take 5 hits if normal joint (equivalent to about 3 on a wider cone) with this weed. Not sure what that corresponds to in mg?

For the tincture dropped under tongue and left for a couple of minutes, then swallowed and chased with some Blue Moon Light (formerly LightSky). It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Have had worse.

Nighty night.
I can't be 100% sure, but I think your tincture ended up concentrated. It might be closer to 10mg/ml. The best factor to determine that is whether or not you got ANY kind of buzz (however mild) from the sublingual test. A medicinal dose of THC is 5-10mg. A 1 gram joint of of 15% weed smoked fully would provide roughly that, say 5-13mg (I didn't sit down and do the actual math, it's a rough guess).

What we absolutely know is that you put 750mg of THC into the machine, and you ended up with roughly 90ml of tincture. That actually ends up being 8.33mg/ml. It's probably a case of what I was mentioning above with the shallowness of the liquid increasing the proportional surface area and increasing the evaporation rate.

I'm currently out of tincture thanks to NY's completely screwed up roll out of legal weed, that has left the state in a limbo without legal stores, and the reliable dealers in my area giving up since nobody wants to pay black market rates anymore. (Hence my decision to start growing)

However, when I make a batch of tincture, I typically aim for 20mg/ml. That way I can use 0.5ml as a medicinal dose, but also have the strength to jump up into party doses without dumping half of a bottle of tincture into a drink. And I've never made a batch with less than an ounce of weed and 300ml of Everclear. After which, there is usually about an eighth of waste after the filter. But because 7/8 of the the ounce ended up in the tincture, I get more than 300ml of tincture. Using a 4oz (120ml) amber glass bottle 300ml would fill 2.5 bottles. But my tincture usually fills that 3rd bottle, and puts some amount into a 4th. That's why I said in a previous post that you should get more out than you put in.

But, the good news is that now we have a tincture, and know the approximate strength. So if you share the amount of oil that your cake/brownie recipe calls for, and how many portions you want to yield, we can get you an exact formula for making the oil.

Reactions: Zab
PianoStan

PianoStan

Nighty night.
I was just looking more closely at your pictures above. And I don't want to be rude or harsh, but the weed that you put into the machine before adding the alcohol doesn't look super well de-carbed.

As I said before, I use the machine. I've never de-carbed in an oven, but when the ardent machine finishes all of the green on the bud has turned some shade of brown. Light to dark depending I guess on trichome density and size. If there's an issue with the tincture, this is likely the cause.

B

Budclarkson

I was just looking more closely at your pictures above. And I don't want to be rude or harsh, but the weed that you put into the machine before adding the alcohol doesn't look super well de-carbed.

As I said before, I use the machine. I've never de-carbed in an oven, but when the ardent machine finishes all of the green on the bud has turned some shade of brown. Light to dark depending I guess on trichome density and size. If there's an issue with the tincture, this is likely the cause.
Very light effect, basically just took the edge off. Effect didn’t last that long, maybe a few hours. This stuff has some CBD content and wasnt in as much pain as I expected from all the yard work. The day before is pretty painful.

I usually do about 1/3 of a joint for a good high. There was a lot of ground up weed on the sides of the pot. Wondering if that stuck there and not in the alcohol mix long enough to infuse. A lot of surface area so maybe alcohol evaporated off the sides. That weed residue on the sides was pretty dry.

I ran the decarb for 35minutes in the oven and had that fluctuation I mentioned. Average temp was 235ish. What should it look like when done? Remember this weed was pretty dry going in out of the grove bag, not sure if that was a factor.

PianoStan

PianoStan

Very light effect, basically just took the edge off. Effect didn’t last that long, maybe a few hours. This stuff has some CBD content and wasnt in as much pain as I expected from all the yard work. The day before is pretty painful.

I usually do about 1/3 of a joint for a good high. There was a lot of ground up weed on the sides of the pot. Wondering if that stuck there and not in the alcohol mix long enough to infuse. A lot of surface area so maybe alcohol evaporated off the sides. That weed residue on the sides was pretty dry.

I ran the decarb for 35minutes in the oven and had that fluctuation I mentioned. Average temp was 235ish. What should it look like when done? Remember this weed was pretty dry going in out of the grove bag, not sure if that was a factor.
Well, that your product is around 8mg/ml, you only took about 2mg of THC. Or less than half of a medicinal therapeutic dose. Seriously, try putting 1ml in a drink of any kind, mix it up well, and chug it. As an "after-dinner" relaxer, I would actually do it about 15 minutes BEFORE dinner. Then a full belly won't interfere with absorption. I bet that you will be quite happy.

Yeah, I always get the side sludge as well. Maybe not as much dried on as you, but I use larger volumes of liquid. Anyway, I try to scrape as much of it down into the tincture as possible, and mix it together before filtering. The more plant particles that you can get in your tincture, the more potent it becomes.

That's the thing about your de-carb. You had those temperature fluctuations that almost certainly hurt the de-carb. But the thing is that your finished tincture actually looks pretty good. I'm not sure, but I wonder if the Ongrok machine actually finished de-carbing the weed. I lost my paperwork on the Ardent de-carb machine, but I'm fairly certain that it de-carbs at 170-200F. That's why it takes so long. So I wonder if maybe the reason that Ongrok says the machine is not for de-carb purposes has more to do with the blades than the capability of the machine. And possibly the 4 hours at 130 sort of made a soup slow cooking the weed.

At any rate, that you felt some effect from 2mg demonstrates potency of the product, and the de-carb wasn't a complete fail. Probably the easiest way to turn that tincture into oil, is to put the amount needed and the 3Tbsp of oil into a bowl and letting the alcohol evaporate naturally over time. I don't know if you have cats or whatever, but if you do, if they are the type to get on the counters you will want to store the bowl of oil someplace cool, dry, and free from excessive dust/pet hair. Stir it every couple of hours, and try to keep the plant particles in the tincture from sticking to the sides of the bowl.

If you want to cook the tincture out of the oil on the stove, monitor the temperature, and any sticking of the plant particles on the pot sides. Stir frequently to keep the tincture on the bottom of the pan from burning. For me, I'm way too lazy to do that for 4 hours or so. If you need help figuring out exactly how much tincture to use, let me know.

B

Budclarkson

For the Brownies I have Betty Crocker mix - 3Tablespoons of water, 1/2 cup of oil, 2 eggs.
Plan to do half batch with weed, the other plain. Maybe use two bread loaf pans.

For cake mix I have Duncan Hines Devils Food - 1 cup water, 1/2 cup of oil, 3 large eggs. Again will split half and half. Can use a half height cake pan, or cupcakes. If we have munchies after we have some plain stock 😆

Will be using EVO for oil. Same color as tincture 😝

B

Budclarkson

No plans on cooking out the alcohol in the tincture on the stove and bring on the wrath of Kahn with the smell.

So just mix the tincture in the oil and let it sit? How long?

I do like rum cake btw, maybe some day juice one of those.

B

Budclarkson

It's time to channel the inner Grandpa Walton and build a still.
I’d like to learn how to make ethanol to run the Flex fuel car if SHTF. Any tips?

My grandpa and Ti did make their own shine when I was a kid. Grandfather gave me a gallon of sweet wine with some mixed in. It was like drinking grape juice and didn’t end well.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I’d like to learn how to make ethanol to run the Flex fuel car if SHTF. Any tips?

My grandpa and Ti did make their own shine when I was a kid. Grandfather gave me a gallon of sweet wine with some mixed in. It was like drinking grape juice and didn’t end well.
Reminds me when I was 16 working at the local liquor store and drinking orange flavored Crown Russ vodka mixed with Pagan Pink Ripple. What a hangover🤣

As a plumber I know how to solder and have thought about making a still. One of these days as I can no longer get ethanol alcohol, not even 151 Bacardi in this state🤬

Top Bottom