Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Whats up! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer. It won’t last much longer. My favorite time of the year.:)

Went outside to water today and felt like snapping a few pictures. The ladies are in full form and loving life. In the next few days I’m going to finally get around to adding a Bumper Crop mulch and laying down soaker hose which I will then set on a hose timer. The mulch will help me conserve water as well as add more microbial diversity, and a slight nutrition boost.

So far they seem to have an adequate amount of food from the amendments. The goal for this grow is water only so far so good.

Family Shots
06D58E64 029A 44DE BCDC 983CF95B4FDB
B768D562 7906 4411 9CC3 A3C08D7576A3

Afgooey
A14780F8 9655 4BA0 AE42 0447839784B3

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
FD1EDF6D 2F6E 4F37 ADCA 5500D56F48D5

Farm Cheese
485F5131 8938 4E9A BD63 A52D8C8DA5E4

Outlaw
E43A1E89 B3B6 4737 B0F4 5100332CD070

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Whats up! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer. It won’t last much longer. My favorite time of the year.:)

Went outside to water today and felt like snapping a few pictures. The ladies are in full form and loving life. In the next few days I’m going to finally get around to adding a Bumper Crop mulch and laying down soaker hose which I will then set on a hose timer. The mulch will help me conserve water as well as add more microbial diversity, and a slight nutrition boost.

So far they seem to have an adequate amount of food from the amendments. The goal for this grow is water only so far so good.

Family Shots
View attachment 818700 View attachment 818701

Afgooey
View attachment 818702

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 818703

Farm Cheese
View attachment 818704

Outlaw
View attachment 818705
that second picture got a beast in there lol looking great

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hahaha it confuses me every time I look at them. It's crazy how much bigger that Farm Cheese is compared to the others. :smoking:
im thinking that one gonna give you the best yield,beasty bitch,i know a lot of folks in the uk,they all say there are tired of the chesse,interesting to me cause that one of yours would sure be on my plate once a year for sure

justiceman

justiceman

im thinking that one gonna give you the best yield,beasty bitch,i know a lot of folks in the uk,they all say there are tired of the chesse,interesting to me cause that one of yours would sure be on my plate once a year for sure
This Farm Cheese is blowing my mind with the growth. Man it's the opposite for me it's been so long since I've had cheese that's why I tried to get a hold of these seeds in the first place.

----------------------------------------------

Yo what's up everybody! As always I hope your days are chill and filled with smooth quality smoke to enjoy the times. Just a little update on the plants. They are really starting to blow up and stretch now. I'm thinking this might be the early signs of flower but we shall see.

Afgooey
Finally starting to get a bit taller. This one in particular is the shortest of the 4. She's so compact in both height and width but I'm not surprised since this one is supposed to be pretty much 100% indica. Looking good though. I can't wait to see how her flowers form
1566CEA0 DE95 4EAF 91F2 6EDB35168437

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Really starting to fill out. This one is 2nd to last on height. Thinner leaves and more distance between nodes than the Afgoeey. Just a bit taller than her but much wider/bushier.
C73C7B14 822D 426C 869B 2C6E0B17F9DE

Farm Cheese
Ya.... This one is crazy. She's almost 6ft tall! Far larger than any of the others. She's filled out a bit. Not super bushy but not a bean pole either.
02C88D46 60C5 4550 AE27 A9EF79E83156

Outlaw
The growth on this baby has increased for sure. I started to give them much deeper waterings and I think that has contributed to a nice boost in growth not to mention it's been hot so their metabolisms are moving fast. Beautiful bushy structure, but just a bit taller and more lanky than the Blueberry Bubblegum #2. She'll reach the to of the cage soon and be the 2nd plant to do so. Farm Cheese did it long ago hahahaha.
1193261B 561C 4877 91A2 7F4B0776EBFE

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This Farm Cheese is blowing my mind with the growth. Man it's the opposite for me it's been so long since I've had cheese that's why I tried to get a hold of these seeds in the first place.

----------------------------------------------

Yo what's up everybody! As always I hope your days are chill and filled with smooth quality smoke to enjoy the times. Just a little update on the plants. They are really starting to blow up and stretch now. I'm thinking this might be the early signs of flower but we shall see.

Afgooey
Finally starting to get a bit taller. This one in particular is the shortest of the 4. She's so compact in both height and width but I'm not surprised since this one is supposed to be pretty much 100% indica. Looking good though. I can't wait to see how her flowers form
View attachment 819903

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Really starting to fill out. This one is 2nd to last on height. Thinner leaves and more distance between nodes than the Afgoeey. Just a bit taller than her but much wider/bushier.
View attachment 819904

Farm Cheese
Ya.... This one is crazy. She's almost 6ft tall! Far larger than any of the others. She's filled out a bit. Not super bushy but not a bean pole either.
View attachment 819905

Outlaw
The growth on this baby has increased for sure. I started to give them much deeper waterings and I think that has contributed to a nice boost in growth not to mention it's been hot so their metabolisms are moving fast. Beautiful bushy structure, but just a bit taller and more lanky than the Blueberry Bubblegum #2. She'll reach the to of the cage soon and be the 2nd plant to do so. Farm Cheese did it long ago hahahaha.
View attachment 819906

I agree, the flowers have started. Even your pure bred Indica is developing a skirt (nice fronds).

That Cheese is big. Would be cool to see what she would do in a huge pot and started earlier. Lovin the Outlaw. Branched for a lot of flowers early just like my Creamsicle.

Your girls are lookin good.

justiceman

justiceman

Picked up some Bumper Crop for a mulch. The plants have been using a fair amount of water. I'm sure a good amount of it is just evaporating off of the beds as well. I have a few extra inches of space in each bed. I guess you could say this is my little mid grow "boost" haha. Love this stuff.

D6ACC52A C388 48AF 8002 7474CEC08690
15E5DA1D 8381 4B0F 9088 0AC12DE43EB3

Picked up a timer as well.
5DE166DF 00F1 46F9 9A59 0793DE249CA0

I also got this very nice soaker hose system! I love how simple it is.
F32F60D0 6F79 42B7 8823 17FF32898598

It comes with some fittings and has a good level of customization. I'll be putting this together quite soon.
572C0D0E F077 4775 9D1A 76AEE373917E

justiceman

justiceman

Put down the mulch, installed the soaker hose and the timer finally:smoking: I’ll be gone for a for part of the week on a mini vacation so I wanted to make sure to put this stuff in before then. So far everything is coming along quite well. Hoping the bumper crop mulch will pick up any loose ends on the nutrition department and provide some more microbial diversity.

Afgooey
She finally made it past the 2nd ring :cry:. This girl is so slow hahaha, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her flowers. I'm hoping it's totally worth the slow growth characteristics.
06CDF409 076C 4A45 B2E6 4C85F536AE56

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
The width of this one is exceeding the bed width which is pretty cool. Very bushy structure. Definitely like how this one grows. It's top is not as dominant as other strains.
EB156752 2DA2 495C AEBD 87E0858DE657

Farm Cheese
This one is uh..... quite large. To be honest I did not envision this kind of height being attained considering the time I decided to place them outside. I actually planned on slightly smaller plants but oh well lol. Glad I didn't top this one so we can see how crazy she is.
1EF9F0D0 8A62 475C B192 7BEA3986DCA9

Outlaw
This one is pretty much the ideal height I had envisioned that all the plants would be at. Just somewhere a bit over the 3rd ring like this one. I'm very excited to see the flower onset. I know they are starting to gear up for it!
0385EC0C 0DDD 4D5D B31C 1D9117DC1CC5

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Put down the mulch, installed the soaker hose and the timer finally:smoking: I’ll be gone for a for part of the week on a mini vacation so I wanted to make sure to put this stuff in before then. So far everything is coming along quite well. Hoping the bumper crop mulch will pick up any loose ends on the nutrition department and provide some more microbial diversity.

Afgooey
She finally made it past the 2nd ring :cry:. This girl is so slow hahaha, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her flowers. I'm hoping it's totally worth the slow growth characteristics.
View attachment 820894

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
The width of this one is exceeding the bed width which is pretty cool. Very bushy structure. Definitely like how this one grows. It's top is not as dominant as other strains.
View attachment 820895

Farm Cheese
This one is uh..... quite large. To be honest I did not envision this kind of height being attained considering the time I decided to place them outside. I actually planned on slightly smaller plants but oh well lol. Glad I didn't top this one so we can see how crazy she is.
View attachment 820896

Outlaw
This one is pretty much the ideal height I had envisioned that all the plants would be at. Just somewhere a bit over the 3rd ring like this one. I'm very excited to see the flower onset. I know they are starting to gear up for it!
View attachment 820897

Seriously explosive growth. I'm impressed. Really want to see how that Farm Cheese flowers. If her buds are good quality I want to see if I can find some to order. She's exactly the type of strain I look for. Would you post some close up pics of her stalk and branching when you get back? I'll look up her lineage if possible so I can find a close relative if this strain isn't available. I'll be looking to order beans this winter.

justiceman

justiceman

Seriously explosive growth. I'm impressed. Really want to see how that Farm Cheese flowers. If her buds are good quality I want to see if I can find some to order. She's exactly the type of strain I look for. Would you post some close up pics of her stalk and branching when you get back? I'll look up her lineage if possible so I can find a close relative if this strain isn't available. I'll be looking to order beans this winter.
Sure I can get some close ups for you. I'm wondering how tall it's going to end up being. When all the seeds popped I knew it would end up taller because of the initial vigor but not by this margin. Genetics are crazy. I still have a few seeds of Farm Cheese left over. I wonder if they'd turn out the same.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sure I can get some close ups for you. I'm wondering how tall it's going to end up being. When all the seeds popped I knew it would end up taller because of the initial vigor but not by this margin. Genetics are crazy. I still have a few seeds of Farm Cheese left over. I wonder if they'd turn out the same.

I was hoping to see you grow more but I don't have time to wait and see how they turn out before I order my beans.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

ive had so many bad experiences with buying beans ,i just make my own,,love that chesse plant there all look great but the chesse catch my eye

I hear ya about bad experiences.

I'm not set up to grow my own yet. That is my plan eventually. When I ordered beans last year all I found were places to order overseas but yesterday I looked and Cali has a gang of reliable distributers now. I can get them a few days after ordering. No month for overseas shipping, no customs. So, very little risk of confiscation or theft. Also, they're much cheaper due to healthy market competition. Looking forward to ordering this year.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I hear ya about bad experiences.

I'm not set up to grow my own yet. That is my plan eventually. When I ordered beans last year all I found were places to order overseas but yesterday I looked and Cali has a gang of reliable distributers now. I can get them a few days after ordering. No month for overseas shipping, no customs. So, very little risk of confiscation or theft. Also, they're much cheaper due to healthy market competition. Looking forward to ordering this year.
sounds good but is it?
out making soil right now doing a layer test,next ph and npk test
went with 5 gal bucket of soil out of my garden
5 gal bucket of black kow compost,mine isnt ready yet
half 5 gal bucket of vermiculite half bucket of bokashi i made
1 3/4 cup of bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 3/4 cup of oyster shell and chicken meal
hahaha brother of mine sent me a clone ,i dont have any room for it,so i decide to take clone from it and root then plant in this mix see how it works,hahah i just stuck the other half of clone in a puck into a bucket of soil had laying around in the garden,shit that bitch done grew back what i cut off hahah,im in a pinch with the triple digits right now and was thinkoing of just keeping clones going for a straight run end of this month,hahah they aint waiting on my tired ass,lol

justiceman

justiceman

@SmithsJunk got some pictures of the Farm Cheese side branching, the main upper stalk and the lower as well for you.

I’ve had some good seeds and some not so good. Just the way it is. It’s really luck of the draw. I think that’s why people like to keep clones so much. Guaranteed characteristics especially for maximum efficiency indoors.

One of the reason’s I love growing outside is the amount of space. It gives me the ability to have fun with these different strains. Man I cannot wait for them to be in full flower. :cool:

A69991EC D26F 4049 8207 1F137F29534B
11B01DB3 54E0 4A6A 9D1E D17B7E42FFBD
1C939541 C7C5 4EF9 A7C0 1E33F4E8E7AE
9EB82BFB 6FA5 4F8D 9FB0 79DC58EE8A9D
16BFF7C5 6D14 4E1F 8AAA 736290FDD304

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

in my own opinion,soil layer test is the most important thing about soil,this is a top soil i want in my garden corn bed,as it is now 80 % clay down there so sand and silt is a issue

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this is the soil i just built,fill jar 3/4 full of soil,fill with water,shake good ,wait 1 min and sand imeditally falls to bottom,place your mark on jar,wait 1 hr and do the same with the silt line,24 hrs later clay line,NPK test is run from the water at that time

justiceman

justiceman

in my own opinion,soil layer test is the most important thing about soil,this is a top soil i want in my garden corn bed,as it is now 80 % clay down there so sand and silt is a issue
@oldskol4evr haha clones don’t wait for anyone!

I’m liking that soil mix. I should really get around to testing my raised beds after this season. I have never done it before.

Top Bottom