Bloom straight from seed

• Thread starter Dutch Jon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Hi all I'm a fairly experienced grower 10-12 major grows in fact I believe this site was a spin off of another forum (not OG) that I was active on years ago, it disappeared into thin air, but no matter, I have a question does anyone know if I can bloom straight from seed?

sky high

sky high

8 weeks? Holy fuck. Those'd be some big ass plants.

If you vegged some of this Alien gear 8 weeks you'd need 4000 watts >per plant< to flower it.

I respectfully disagree. I'm gonna wager most of the guys here who are constantly poppin' beans aren't waiting much past the time that they can take cuts/see roots to flip and sex their plants.....and IMO....nobody is losing out on anything other than wasting weeks of time growing huge plants that may be culled/may not be worthwhile enough to take forward.

Indicas flowered right out of the gate would be incredibly small. However, there are some very loooooong flowering sativas that if you wanted to grow them indoors you'd be wise to flower as fast as possible and would probably still be overgrown by harvest time.

ImNorml

ImNorml

you CAN and I have however you'll end up with the same amount as if you'd bloomed straight from a rooted clone. Next to nothing even with proper lighting and food. Veg it for a little bit at least, few weeks is all it takes to make it into something special!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
If you want to sex without flipping the light, you'll start seeing pre-flowers sometime after the 7th node starts. Obviously for your purposes it doesn't matter, but just a point of reference regarding timing and plant size.

outwest

Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Thanks you guys .. yea so I'm not trying to sex them early although that works for me too, and I'm not necessarily growing sativa indoors but yea, I'm doing a micro single stem style SOG grow, that hopefully with practice the plants won't be to much taller than 15-20" and I've got 100 seeds of SFV genetics and no mothers.
So yea one of the concerns was first that if they would initialize @ 12/12 but also concerned like 'Bannacis' pointed out, that if they would have the maturity, I'm a believer that the younger plants sometimes may not be at top potency as if they had a little more age..... huh guess I'll just wing it or just clone at 8 weeks we'll see

Bannacis

Bannacis

Thing is if your worried they will get too big, don't over feed them and give them less light.
that way they will mature in age but not be too big.
I had one start under a 14 watt LED panel during winter, I topped it and did LST on her.
she grew slow and strong. over 8 weeks(plus) to mature . she was about 18 inches tall and 18 wide. a sweet little mother. now if I had her blazing under some power lights....yeah she would get big.
A mature plant when you start flowering will be way better than one thats younger.
If you start em young,yes you'll get a good harvest, but not her best.
You want to see pre flowers, and that takes about 8 weeks.

sky high

sky high

All I have are "power lights". :D Damn.

All I can say is that I used to do what you do/did what you do for 15+ years...but then someone told me it was unneccessary.....which I/others have found to be true as well.

good luck whatever method you choose ...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

There is a big breeder that i read a story on HT or one of those mags and thats the only way he grew, the article said he had the ability to cull the weaklings two weeks into flowering and the plants left over would make up for em. Plant seed two inches deep to give the seed some weight to lift and the vigorous ones will reveal them selves sooner treat em like clones you know incubator style and I think if you had high numbers to choose from you could do as well as from clone especially if your working with some good genes that your familiar with....its worth trying, im gonna try soon.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ive always felt like medicine from seed dominated most clones genetics vary of course and familiarity of course but after most of that common sense the seed is more vigorous than clone, in my opinion.

Bannacis

Bannacis

The seed is more vigorous than clone, if you grow from seed and you flower with out it reaching maturity, well thats your method i guess. I prefer to let them mature some.
thats why peeps grow Mothers...
but if you take your clone and put them in flower as soon as they root.then they wont get too big.
I am sure that there are some strains out there that probably don't require the maturity factor,
Thats the beauty of this amazing flower, There are so many different tecknics and variations of style grows, that there is a perfect fit for that spasific grower.
The autoflowers.....:)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The seed is more vigorous than clone, if you grow from seed and you flower with out it reaching maturity, well thats your method i guess. I prefer to let them mature some.
thats why peeps grow Mothers...
but if you take your clone and put them in flower as soon as they root.then they wont get too big.
I am sure that there are some strains out there that probably don't require the maturity factor,
Thats the beauty of this amazing flower, There are so many different tecknics and variations of style grows, that there is a perfect fit for that spasific grower.
The autoflowers.....:)
so so true very ecological and resilient plant... i like to work back wards in the plan then begin with a bunch of beans and start culling as they fall behind usually something can flourish in a decent environment...

Latest posts

Top Bottom