blue dream grow with aqua flakes please help out

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

whats going down farmers... ok so i have decided to finally make a grow log on here so i dont have to post up random threads on here and not be able to keep up on them all. I have posted a few pictures of my grow and grow room to help get the info that i need from you guys here at the farm. my room has 8 600 watt hoods im running promix hp without any added lime to the promix but with added perlite. i using all h&g nutes along with greatwhite and so cal/mag..

I having problems with my girls after changing over to promix hp and aqua flakes as my base food im thinking about throwing the girls away and going back to pbp grow and bloom as my base food and adding lime back into my promix hp to help with the ph. im having all kinds of problems with this run and its not good i dont know where there coming from.

here is what my last feedings have been right now im using 35 gallon per feed using r/o water by the way

date aqua flakes a&b algen roots greatwhite cal/mag ppm/ph

11/6 4.5ml 1ml 1.1 x x 750/5.8

11/8 flushed plants do to nute burn and the claw which could of been light shock ???? not to sure so i flushed with clearex

11/11 flushed again with ph water

11/14 2.5ml x 1.1 x x 405/6.0

11/17 3.5ml 1ml 1.1 2oz x 650/6.1

11/18 3.0ml x 1.1 x 2.5ml 650/6.1

i had all my hoods running hanging about 28 inches away for the last 3 weeks or so i just turned off half my hoods this morning thinking maybe i shocked my girls with light shock to much light??? the girls just look sad there using water every three days i have to water .... any ways heres some pics im just looking for some heads up on aqua flakes and promix hp i cant throw this away i could but i want to learn how to use aqua flakes a&b but seem to be out of my league or something not to sure last run ended up great but i used promix hp with added lime and pbp grow and bloom as my base food aqua flakes a&b is so much cheaper thats why i want to change over to aqua flakes seems it would work out nice but i guess not...:sign0065::mad0233:

temps are ever over 76 and maybe fall to 69 at night co2 ppm at 650 humidity levels are at 50%-70% my ppm runoff has been in the low 5.4 should i add lime back into the promix when using aqua flakes a&b i need to tp in a few days should i add back lime into the promix to help with the ph i just dont know whats wrong with the girls.. i think its a light problem or ph problem not to sure ever seen such a thing

all the pictures where tooken at night time i will snap a few more later after they wake up

W

woody420

If there is any other question or info needed just let me know.............

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

shit, i wish i could help with the aqua flakes, but I'm a pure blend guy myself. Ive tried all sorts of other notes to try to get a bit better yields but i will tell you i always end up back with botanic are. So easy and good, i like to keep things simple and let my genetics do all the hard work. Your room looks awesome and the girls look ok, i see what your worried about though, i had some similar problems when i would switch notes. Just to hard to read the plants when your using notes your not familiar with. Looks as is they are lacking in cal mag, but your regimen says your using it, so I'm a bit stumped. Good luck and if you have any questions or anything feel free to hit me up!

W

woody420

shit, i wish i could help with the aqua flakes, but I'm a pure blend guy myself. Ive tried all sorts of other notes to try to get a bit better yields but i will tell you i always end up back with botanic are. So easy and good, i like to keep things simple and let my genetics do all the hard work. Your room looks awesome and the girls look ok, i see what your worried about though, i had some similar problems when i would switch notes. Just to hard to read the plants when your using notes your not familiar with. Looks as is they are lacking in cal mag, but your regimen says your using it, so I'm a bit stumped. Good luck and if you have any questions or anything feel free to hit me up!

hey brotherlewrl when you run pbp do u use pro mix hp and if so do u add 4 cups of lime per 3.8 bail of promix?

I think my problem might be to much light i had the hoods alot closer then there at now i turned off half my lights this morning maybe i have to much light on them for there age first time running blue dreams indoors much smaller plant might to nuking them with nutes/light but i dont think so. i have ran blue dream outside for the last two years with no burn

i did not add any lime into the promix hp because h&g told me to run promix hp out of the bag if using aqua flakes as a base food.

i just added the cal/mag to the last feeding at 2.5 ml a gallon that was last night. so you could be right i might have a cal/mag problem

i will post more pics up later when the light skick on bro thanks 4 the hand damn i might have to go back to pbp i plan on transplanting the girls this week so maybe i will go back to pbp an add some lime to the promix hp

W

woody420

Is it a good idea to run promix hp with added lime if using aqua flakes as a base food?

W

woody420

the lights just kicked on i took three plants and placed them under my t-5 to see if having all of my 600s on was to much light for them ladies i only have 4 600s running now it will be the first night with only 4 600 running.. here are a few more pic of the lady there just waking up i need the plants to get healty so i can t.p. them and flip them fuck man

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

i run rock wool cubes, have messed around with coco and still do a bit of soil, i use the 707 or the sunshine #4.owever for the blue dream i honestly think you might have a cal/mag problem, if you just started it last night? How old are the plants from clone? Im a big proponit in hitting them pretty hard with light. I have never had a problem with too much light when they are in the right environment. Plus those plants look plenty big enough to be hitting the lights hard. honestly a lot of times when switching nutes i always run the cal/mag pure blend no matter what, its a nice safety if the soil isn't proper for the food your giving them. A couple runs ago i had almost the same exact problem and i finally figured out that i had forgotten to give all my plants the cal'mag, major brain fart!

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

Also check your ph, maybe your gage is broken, sometimes something so simple can fuck it all up!

W

woody420

i run rock wool cubes, have messed around with coco and still do a bit of soil, i use the 707 or the sunshine #4.owever for the blue dream i honestly think you might have a cal/mag problem, if you just started it last night? How old are the plants from clone? Im a big proponit in hitting them pretty hard with light. I have never had a problem with too much light when they are in the right environment. Plus those plants look plenty big enough to be hitting the lights hard. honestly a lot of times when switching nutes i always run the cal/mag pure blend no matter what, its a nice safety if the soil isn't proper for the food your giving them. A couple runs ago i had almost the same exact problem and i finally figured out that i had forgotten to give all my plants the cal'mag, major brain fart!

the girls are 3-5 weeks old from clone ... do think i have a ph problem with the promix hp the runoff is at 5.4 i need to be at 6.0 i would think when using aqua flakes i think with out any added lime to my promix hp ha lower the ph and i have a real low ph in my soil maybe when i transplant i need to add some more lime into the promix hp to bring the ph up. my pen is in good shape i check it each time with cal fluid ph and ppm are good and cal to the right ph and ppm...... some i have half the lights off it cant hurt for the night right?

audius

audius

damm woody. NICE set up ya got going there mang. impressive. im pretty sure your looking for a ph of 6.5 everything ive read says that in coco or dirt your looking for 6.5.though i do know you can drift up or down from that mark without much harm but i wouldnt let it get to far. no higher than 7.0 & no lower than 5.7. just my 2$

W

woody420

damm woody. NICE set up ya got going there mang. impressive. im pretty sure your looking for a ph of 6.5 everything ive read says that in coco or dirt your looking for 6.5.though i do know you can drift up or down from that mark without much harm but i wouldnt let it get to far. no higher than 7.0 & no lower than 5.7. just my 2$

thanks man the room looks alot better when i have my shit together lol. ok im about to transplant into 3 gallon pots some time this week thing i should add a little lime into the promix hp this time?? i have ever ran aqua flakes i might need to go back to pbp for this run damn i really wanted to use aqua flakes and promix hp i was working on a drip system and wanted to get use to aqua flakes fucking ph dam fuck what to do... do u thing adding a little lime to the new new pots with promix hp will work ok with the aquaflakes ??? h&g says to run aqua flakes with just promix hp out of the bag

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Hey woody thats a pimp setup you got going on.....just thought i would throw this up, the last bale of pro mix hp I got gave me a big thrip infestation and they did there damage that looked very similar to your plants the damage they do really looks like a deficiancy thats exactly what I thought it was and I was doing everything like I normally do so I coulden't figure it out then I relized it was the thrips, Now I know this might not be the case or your problem but have a really close look and check for any small shiny spots like a trail a slug would leave behind but thrips leave very tiny specs of it.

W

woody420

Hey woody thats a pimp setup you got going on.....just thought i would throw this up, the last bale of pro mix hp I got gave me a big thrip infestation and they did there damage that looked very similar to your plants the damage they do really looks like a deficiancy thats exactly what I thought it was and I was doing everything like I normally do so I coulden't figure it out then I relized it was the thrips, Now I know this might not be the case or your problem but have a really close look and check for any small shiny spots like a trail a slug would leave behind but thrips leave very tiny specs of it.

thanks for the props on the setup its pretty sick runs good all year a little hot in the summer but not to bad.... i was just out there i took a close look at the girls i did see alot of shiny spots i tried to take a few pic but it did not turn out so well cant see the markings i just might have thrips and not even know it i hit them with avid 3 days ago im going to hit them with floramite tomorrow when i get time. do the thrips live in the soil as well? will the avid knock them fuckers down?? the shiny spots might be the magic green i use but there at little trails on some of the girls like a moth has been in there or something thanks for the hand man

W

woody420

here is a picture i think i have the thrips bro there are spot that are small as shit here take a look best picture i can get. i have azamax time to use it. there is a trail like thing to small to see but there on there fuckers i hit wit avid two days ago or so going to use floramite next

W

woody420

i few more pics they have been awake for a few hours heres how there looking now. Im going to transplant here in the next few days I think Im going to add 2 cups of lime to the promix hp bail 3.8 to help bring up my ph runoff which is at 5.4. I hope this works with aqua flakes i don't know what else to do i thing i have ph problems

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

No problem man and yes they can live in the soil they are nasty lil buggers next to mites id say they are the worst cause thy do there damage unseen always looks like salt build up or lockout or something.

I tried lots of stuff with no luck they seemed invincible but the key to a safe cleaning of the plants is spinosad (Monterey Garden Insect spray) you mix it at 16ml to 32oz of water and soak them good and you can mix in water and flush threw soil as well and plants do not get damaged from this stuff it's omri listed and thrips hate it and it kills them quick spray in morning and and at night for a couple days and they should be gone for sure!

also the safers bioneem with azamax works really well too and also put a yellow sticky trap in each pot thrips are very attracted to the yellow!

you can order the bug stuff from TreeHelp.com great site to deal with fast delivery good customer service!

W

woody420

No problem man and yes they can live in the soil they are nasty lil buggers next to mites id say they are the worst cause thy do there damage unseen always looks like salt build up or lockout or something.

I tried lots of stuff with no luck they seemed invincible but the key to a safe cleaning of the plants is spinosad (Monterey Garden Insect spray) you mix it at 16ml to 32oz of water and soak them good and you can mix in water and flush threw soil as well and plants do not get damaged from this stuff it's omri listed and thrips hate it and it kills them quick spray in morning and and at night for a couple days and they should be gone for sure!

also the safers bioneem with azamax works really well too and also put a yellow sticky trap in each pot thrips are very attracted to the yellow!

you can order the bug stuff from TreeHelp.com great site to deal with fast delivery good customer service!

Thanks for the heads up bro you learn something new every day time to head to the store and light this j up at the same time....what's the ml to gallon to do a soil drench with that stuff?

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

no problem bro thats what the farm is all about and when I saw your plants they looked exactly like mine so I had to throw the post up either way!

I just did the same ml per gallon for the drench too so u kinda have to use alot.

also not sure where u are but they don't carry spinosad in canada only in states thats why I had to order mine!

Kcar

Kcar

I use Aquaflakes at a base rate 7.5 ml/gal of a and 7.5ml/gal of B, but have
heard of people using 10-12ml/gal. Also, Muti-zen when they are young.
Aquaflakes has like 12 or 13% cal....

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive never heard of people using aquaflakes in soil. I thought it was for recirculating systems. They make a soil A&B you might want to check out.

Top Bottom