blue dream grow with aqua flakes please help out

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

Ive never heard of people using aquaflakes in soil. I thought it was for recirculating systems. They make a soil A&B you might want to check out.

This is a very valid point! I thought they had a soil A and b, which i just looked up on there website, it is not aqua flakes, that is designed for the reycyling type gardens. Looks like you should be using the soil based nutes. This might be the problem right here. Good looking out Cannaarado!

W

woody420

Ive never heard of people using aquaflakes in soil. I thought it was for recirculating systems. They make a soil A&B you might want to check out.

I got a email from house and garden saying to use there aqua flakes a&b over ther esoil a &b that it will run better when using promix hp and if using promix hp don't amended with lime the promix hp is fine to use out of the bag and don't use drip clean to soon it will break down the lime faster then normal they sad to start to use drip clean when u flip ur lights to 12/12. Im running promix hp

C

cheech

What ec do you feed at? Mentioned flushing quite a bit.

Looks like a room I had in promix when I was feeding at 1.2 ec... Bumped it up to 1.7 and growth took off.

W

woody420

What ec do you feed at? Mentioned flushing quite a bit.

Looks like a room I had in promix when I was feeding at 1.2 ec... Bumped it up to 1.7 and growth took off.

i feed at around 650 ppm /.928ec now I thought i burned my plants so i flushed two times in a row but i think it was light shock i had all 8 600s ripping 24in away not the best idea but thats what happen.......so i turned off four of my hoods for now growth looks alot better now then before i think they are coming back to life i might have flushed them when there was not a salt build up or a burn going down not to sure on that one... im running my aqua flakes a&b at only 3.0ml a gallon right now first time trying out aqua flakes so im trying to take it easy with it but i could be under feeding i guess i will have to try uping my ppm to maybe 4.0ml a gallon next feed see what happens thanks for the heads up bro

W

woody420

Blue Dream practically grows itself, Those Auqa Flakes must be pure crap! you'd be better off running Micro/Bloom from GH at least its tried and true.

maybe your right bro but im fucked i have to learn about aqua flakes have a few other things going on and we all need to be on the same page with nutes and we are all stock up on aqua flakes so no turning back now ...... i hope some one can clue me in on aqua flakes that has ran it do u know of any one bro? thanks man late

GhostFace

GhostFace

looks like overwatering and nute lockout ph issue.. ive used promix Hp with granular lime added along with PBP nutes for years with no probs ;)

W

woody420

looks like overwatering and nute lockout ph issue.. ive used promix Hp with granular lime added along with PBP nutes for years with no probs ;)

ya i think you hit the nail on the head with the overwatering and nute lock out the problem is i don't know if i should add AG lime into the promix hp if using aqua flakes a&b as nutes to help keep the p.h. at 5.8??? runoff is at 5.4 plants look alot better lights come on in an hour we will see how things are going tonight out there lol.....

i might want to head back to pbp nutes but the aqua flakes is so much cheaper and seems once u figure it out it could produce a better end product then the pbp but i could be way wrong.......

do u have any time in with aqua flakes bro?

GhostFace

GhostFace

never used the aqua flakes stuff..sorry
always ad lime to pro mix to help balance the mix out etc..always water promix till a bit comes out the bottom of each pot this way they kinda spit some of the xtra salts etc out the bottom each watering..only water when the plants gets fully dried out and always ph your nute/water mix. ive seen plants do what yours have when ph was wackedout + flushing/over watering.. try raising your ph to 6.3-6.4_ hope you get them dialed

W

woody420

never used the aqua flakes stuff..sorry
always ad lime to pro mix to help balance the mix out etc..always water promix till a bit comes out the bottom of each pot this way they kinda spit some of the xtra salts etc out the bottom each watering..only water when the plants gets fully dried out and always ph your nute/water mix. ive seen plants do what yours have when ph was wackedout + flushing/over watering.. try raising your ph to 6.3-6.4_ hope you get them dialed

The girls and doing great thanks all for the input in was the v.p.d. that was all out of wack

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Good to hear the plants are recovering woody, sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, I would have offered this advice: when you are mixing up your house and garden nutes you want to keep in mind the order you add things and when you pH balance. They have just released their own silica product that they claim should be treated as an additive and so should be put in after base nutrients, but with other silica products I would treat them like your cal/mag, and add it before base nutrients. The order directed by House & Garden nutrient calculator is to add cal/mag first (and silica if your not using Amino Treatment), then add Aqua Flakes base A, wait 15 min, add Flakes B, then balance you pH to within 5.5-6.2. This is the last time you need to pH your solution. Add the rest of the additives depending on stage of growth as recommended and if you don't trust me, check your pH and it will be 5.8-5.9 every time. then water as needed. When I read the order you have been doing things, I thought maybe this would be the answer to using Aqua Flakes to its full potential. Good Luck, and Glad to hear you solved the problem already.

-Meeks

I

ismokepot

A thread like this w/o pic's is like sex w/o an orgasm.......

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Just follow the directions given by House and Garden about mixing. Use all the various additives such as drop clean and roots excelerator If you folllow the directions for mixing and adjusting Ph you will have a hard time finding anything else that produce so much for so little. My last blue dream I grew was 1.4 lbs out of 15 galllons coco. Start with the whole line of products . can do without the algen extract and the amono treatment. Once you get it diled in you will love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom