Blue Kripple - Ceveres' Grow Diary #2

• Thread starter Ceveres
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ever ran Dr. Krippling gear?

• Total voters
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Blue Kripple, as advertised it did boast large colas and an overall larger yield by about 1/2oz per plant compared to the other varieties. Not as frosty as the others, but maybe it will make up for that in effect.

View attachment 767463 View attachment 767464 View attachment 767468 View attachment 767467

Weird little hole in the middle of the stem
View attachment 767465

Being a 5 year old lmao
View attachment 767469

ROFL, Here's to being childish.

My Kush had a hole like that. I think it has a lot to do with how big the colas got.

Last edited:
Ceveres

Ceveres

Even tho they got super big, they just didn't have the density that I wanted. And with all the leafy shit on these I think ill try em once more and then if they don't do better then pitch em. Got plenty of seeds to play with

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Even tho they got super big, they just didn't have the density that I wanted. And with all the leafy shit on these I think ill try em once more and then if they don't do better then pitch em. Got plenty of seeds to play with

Had the same problem with my Orange Creamsicles. They looked good on the stalk and weight a lot wet, but after they dried the bracts were tiny and they were mostly composed of sugar leaf. Great for harvesting kief but horrible for trying to sell. I think the bracts were underdeveloped because of the mite infestation. Or... I could've just got some sh*tty phenos. A guy in my co-op called them "foofy", lol.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Had the same problem with my Orange Creamsicles. They looked good on the stalk and weight a lot wet, but after they dried the bracts were tiny and they were mostly composed of sugar leaf. Great for harvesting kief but horrible for trying to sell. I think the bracts were underdeveloped because of the mite infestation. Or... I could've just got some sh*tty phenos. A guy in my co-op called them "foofy", lol.

I thought the same, I really only dig on 1 of the 3 phenos this strain threw. Looked like it was gonna be bomb wet, then when I started trimming it I noticed that it was all sugar leaf. Great for hash but not much bag appeal other than the main huge nugs

Ceveres

Ceveres

Well it's been a while since I've shared anything with the class.. lol.. but what's new with me? Made some chronic Pruitt pebbles treats, gave half away for the holidays and ate the rest with my girl. Still had a bunch of budder left so I made some puppy chow. Ironically we also got a puppy at the same time.. Lmao

Of course my girl decked her out like a damn doll lol.. Couldn't resist the puppy with chow pics, what can I say, I got a soft spot for puppies.. and sweet snacks.. hehe

Imagejpeg 6
Imagejpeg 5
IMG 0208

I like the way what I'm calling Blue Kripple #2 grows in veg. Thick ass branches stems petioles the whole shebang. I'm trying more plants vegged less time this round just for funziez..

This is what the room looks like right now
20180110 223238

This was just December 26th, I'm pretty happy with the growth considering it's now the 3rd round with this soil, just lightly reamended and added too as needed.
20180111 164335

Ended up tossing out the cucumbers in place of an Afgahni clone I received. Figured that would be a better use of space haha

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Haven't heard from you in a while brother, how you been? I've finally joined the ranks of the indoor elite. Of course I've still got my training wheels on and I've burned the sh*t out of some poor seedlings but I'll get it dialed in here soon, lol.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Haven't heard from you in a while brother, how you been? I've finally joined the ranks of the indoor elite. Of course I've still got my training wheels on and I've burned the sh*t out of some poor seedlings but I'll get it dialed in here soon, lol.
Good friend, been doing Good! Just been a little overwhelmed by life, so I haven't spent much time on the forums. It's a shame really because I have learned a lot here and still have much to learn. It's not really anything in particular either ya know?

They say your garden is a reflection of yourself and your well being/a sort of window to the soul if you will.. Well I've noticed a decline in quality and yield over the past couple runs that is imo directly related to how I have been feeling about life lately. Just haven't been able to find the motivation or energy to get the things I need done. After putting in 40+ hours a week it's difficult to do the work the garden calls for. Probably just feeling a bit burnt out. But hard work pays off eventually right? Maybe one day the garden will be all the work I have. Don't want to sit here and complain though lol! :p

That's awesome to hear man, no biggie on the seedlings live and learn lol. I'm still working on my seed popping skills too, only have popped a few, mostly cut my own clones. Glad you were able to get the indoor room started! What did you end up going with for lighting? COB LED?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Good friend, been doing Good! Just been a little overwhelmed by life, so I haven't spent much time on the forums. It's a shame really because I have learned a lot here and still have much to learn. It's not really anything in particular either ya know?

They say your garden is a reflection of yourself and your well being/a sort of window to the soul if you will.. Well I've noticed a decline in quality and yield over the past couple runs that is imo directly related to how I have been feeling about life lately. Just haven't been able to find the motivation or energy to get the things I need done. After putting in 40+ hours a week it's difficult to do the work the garden calls for. Probably just feeling a bit burnt out. But hard work pays off eventually right? Maybe one day the garden will be all the work I have. Don't want to sit here and complain though lol! :p

That's awesome to hear man, no biggie on the seedlings live and learn lol. I'm still working on my seed popping skills too, only have popped a few, mostly cut my own clones. Glad you were able to get the indoor room started! What did you end up going with for lighting? COB LED?

Bro, I totally understand. I've had to learn to back off a bit from this forum to give my life some space as well. Rest is more important to people's health than they realise. I can see that there is more in what you're saying than just work, no need to expound. I'll send up a prayer.

I decided to go with the top end COBs. CXB3590s w/Meanwell driver's and active cooling by CF Grow. I listened to the people in the know and didn't want to take chances with sub-par equipment. I was impressed with the 100w wall draw unit but did not see how much difference a more powerful driver would make until I installed the 200w. The light is another 25% stronger imo. I recommend starting out with this brand in the 200w. There are bigger models for less altogether but I would rather have the versatility of multiple units over one fixed unit. If you end up being interested in them and don't have the time or will to check out my grow thread (understandable, this is just a reference, not a plug), just shoot me a message and I'll answer to the best of my ability. You might want to give me a bit more time first. At least until I get some good vegetative growth under my belt (That sounds wrong, lol).

Peace to you, man. Your wellbeing is far more important than any grow.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Bro, I totally understand. I've had to learn to back off a bit from this forum to give my life some space as well. Rest is more important to people's health than they realise. I can see that there is more in what you're saying than just work, no need to expound. I'll send up a prayer.

I decided to go with the top end COBs. CXB3590s w/Meanwell driver's and active cooling by CF Grow. I listened to the people in the know and didn't want to take chances with sub-par equipment. I was impressed with the 100w wall draw unit but did not see how much difference a more powerful driver would make until I installed the 200w. The light is another 25% stronger imo. I recommend starting out with this brand in the 200w. There are bigger models for less altogether but I would rather have the versatility of multiple units over one fixed unit. If you end up being interested in them and don't have the time or will to check out my grow thread (understandable, this is just a reference, not a plug), just shoot me a message and I'll answer to the best of my ability. You might want to give me a bit more time first. At least until I get some good vegetative growth under my belt (That sounds wrong, lol).

Peace to you, man. Your wellbeing is far more important than any grow.

Thank you for your kind words, that was a rough day. Since then I kicked my a$$ into gear and did some much needed work in the garden. I needed more flowering room so I converted my veg room and had to find a new home for my clones. Fortunately I had a 1/2" PVC frame I made for scroging (but I like to move my plants too much lol) that I no longer use, so I covered it with panda film and bingo bango mini clone room! I'll post some pics when I get home plus the rest of the journal.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Well I've ran these 3 phenos of Blue Kripple twice now and they lost the initial vigor they had as a seed run and I don't know if I'm going to keep them or not. Probably something I messed up lol. I have the #1 pheno in a dwc bucket and it is doing nicely compared to my soil experiments. That may lead me to keep one pheno but I have seeds I want to run, so no use keeping an underachiever. I don't like strains that are a bitch to trim too much. Right now besides the 2 dwc buckets, I have 4 15gal no till pots under a 1000W DE HPS. They are fricken HUGE... idk what im doing hahaha. Also I have probably like an elbow of trim to process sitting in the freezer... But it's Tequila de Mayo and my friends having a birthday party soooo.... we shall see lmao. Here's a bunch of pictures from the end of the first BK run. Probably not in order sorry lol

20180311 135152
20180208 011447
20180221 201114
20180309 185807
20180221 201114
20180219 192104
20180119 210901
20180310 190249
20180219 192032
20180110 223238
20180305 200357
20180124 203904
20180217 222635
20180220 195337
20180305 200326
20180305 200342
20180124 203843
20180309 185822
20180128 203541
20180217 222641

Ceveres

Ceveres

Forgot to show you guys the little clone tent I whipped up. Pretty sweet for crap I had laying around lmao Had the panda film to line the veg room originally and the frame is a scrog net frame I made on it's side. Got a re-veg that is taking forever, don't know if it's gonna make it. Clones looking beaut

20180505 154728

20180505 154709
20180505 154800

20180505 154808

20180505 154852

These pics are basically what I got going on now. Patients want Diablo so I'm doing a huge crop of that. Have some bho in the vac as we speak, all the trim from the last 2 crops. Didn't blast it all tho, kinda a small vacuum chamber. Week 4 on the DWC and week 2-3? on the soil. So kinda perpetual if you will lol

20180505 231804
20180505 231738
20180505 155054
20180505 231702
20180505 231725
20180505 155128

20180506 164450
20180506 225339
20180506 225611

The close bud shots are the DWC, the blurry pic is the 15gal no-till. Maybe a little early to call the final weight, but about 22g of oil for 1 case of tane. Probably not bad for running trim.

Hope all is well in your world's guys.

Top Bottom