Blue Mystic Auto leaves are dying during flowering

• Thread starter enoughskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
enoughskunk

enoughskunk

@Moshmen @One drop @Anthem
Guys I am asking for your help once again. These photos are from my youngest plant, Auto Northern Lights. She is at day 35, she has discoloring on the bottom leaves as you'll see, and the weird thing is her leaves are droopy under the full sun. Additionally, she has orange-ish spots and white-ish spots at some of the leaves. Can you take a look? Does she have a deficiency aswell? or is it watering problem? I give her around 2liters every 2 days with 2ml/L AN Sensi Bloom. Thanks for you help once again, I appreciate it.
20200620 161700
20200620 161708
20200620 161713
20200620 161716
20200620 161728
20200620 161740
20200620 161817
20200620 161832

Anthem

Anthem

You really cannot tell what is going on because there is not enough information.
What you can do
#1. start PH water to between 5.8 to 6
#2. use cal Mag
Your problems are not clear because of what you have been doing. You have been watering with 7,6 PH water, I have not used the AN perfect ph stuff but my nutrient line has ph buffers but I still have to use PH up and down, Secondly, you have to recharge the coco with cal mag because it gets stripped during the manufacturing process, your coco might have went thru a recharge process you will have to confirm this but the plant also needs some of this, but if you have coco specific nuts the added cal mag should be in the basic grow nuts. Also I am not a fan of any chlorine in the water, I remove that before feeding because the chlorine kills the beneficial microbe life.
You really need to understand what is going on in the media. Because of what you have already put into the soil, that is why you need a PH and PPM/EC meter. Once you have the meters you can start by doing the slurry test and that will tell you part of the story. The challenge is that no one knows what is going on in the soil. I can guess and that is it. But my guess might be wrong, Like I mentioned above water with PH water at 5.8 to 6.0 and add some cal mag. I suspect your plants need no more food as well but that can wait until you get your meters.

4SkateMafia20

4SkateMafia20

Imo it looks pretty normal to have one or 2 dying leaves in flower.Id say if the bottom was all going yellow then i would've said N deficiency but the rest of your plant looks good

Moshmen

Moshmen

Get ur ph under control first, agreed Chlorine bad ! I wouldn’t do to much u til you get the meters you b fine.

Anthem

Anthem

Curious in your media selection. Why did you chose coco for an auto? The genetics of autos continues to change as more photo period DNA is added.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How much and how often are you watering?

Shouldn't really need nutrients unless it's depleted

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You might be seeing salt buildup, judging by the droopy leaves. I noticed that you said that you got runoff initially, then it stopped. This tells me that the medium has shrunken a little, allowing the water to run thru and around the medium. Once it get hydrated and swells back up a little, it stops. This is the opposite of what I typically try to do when removing salts. Once the initial run thru stops, then pour a gallon or two of water thru it, making sure it goes thru the soil and not around it.
Something else to consider is the nutrient content of your medium. Nitrogen gets used up quickly, but Potassium and especially Phosphorus tend to accumulate and are hard to remove. It could be a slight P or K toxicity, which can be compounded by the soil Ph. If you do flush the shit out of your plants, give them a snack of a little nitrogen afterwards. Cal-Mag can raise your Ph and cause the lockouts that people use it to fix, so make sure of your Ph before randomly pouring stuff into your containers.
It's incredibly easy when the medium is set up correctly, but a nightmare trying to fix it once it gets out of whack.

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

@Aqua Man @Anthem @Moshmen @Jimster

Guys I think there is a misunderstanding with the media, as I know my medium is not coco, why did you assume its coco? If I bought coco as soil that's an epic fail lol

The soil is this product. Secondly, my plan is, until the ph and ppm meter comes, I will switch to clean market water with lower PH plus there is no chlorine so thats good, and give very slightly more NPK and see what happens. They get 1ml/l cal-mag on top of nutes if I forgot to mention previously. I also thought about flushing but there are mixed opinions about the flushing so I'm not sure. There is one more thing, at first 10 days of the plants they stretched a lot, so I supported them with more soil. Therefore, there is a 4-5cm layer of soil on top of where its originally planted. Do you think maybe that prevents the water to go down fully and causes extra run-off?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Curious in your media selection. Why did you chose coco for an auto? The genetics of autos continues to change as more photo period DNA is added.
I’ll be runnin coco with autos in a few months, I’m doin it for automatic feedings and growth rate , never ran coco but excited to get there someday soon

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

Guys I think there is a misunderstanding with the media, as I know my medium is not coco, why did you assume its coco? If I bought coco as soil that's an epic fail lol

The soil is this product. Secondly, my plan is, until the ph and ppm meter comes, I will switch to clean market water with lower PH plus there is no chlorine so thats good, and give very slightly more NPK and see what happens. They get 1ml/l cal-mag on top of nutes if I forgot to mention previously. I also thought about flushing but there are mixed opinions about the flushing so I'm not sure. There is one more thing, at first 10 days of the plants they stretched a lot, so I supported them with more soil. Therefore, there is a 4-5cm layer of soil on top of where its originally planted. Do you think maybe that prevents the water to go down fully and causes extra run-off?
The water should work it's way thru the layers, so I don't think that is the problem. There is a big difference between flushing and watering to the point of runoff. Flushing is a deliberate attempt to get rid of excess nutes, while watering to runoff is just giving a little extra water to remove any salts that might have accumulated. The only real difference is the volume of water used.
I got into a problem with one particular strain that didn't care for the usual 20-20-20 nutes I feed every few weeks.There was too much Phosphorus (I think, maybe too much Potassium) and even though I didn't have any problems with Nitrogen. P and K tend to accumulate more in the soil and are harder to get out, soI slowly developed a high P or K level, although it didn't manifest itself until flowering started.
I would go with a heavy watering to get a decent runoff as long as you have decent drainage. This is why I recommended a slight nitrogen mostly feeding afterwards, so that P and K levels aren't increased but Nitrogen gets a small boost.

Anthem

Anthem

That is my bad. In my neck of the woods the only plagron product I see for media is coco. Sorry once again!!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

I'm sorry if you thought I assumed you were growing in Coco, which I wasn't. The stuff I wrote is suitable advice for just about any media other than DWC/Hydro. I use Promix, never used coco, but the same general rules apply for getting rid of salts and excess nutrients. Truthfully, I have never seen or heard of most of these mixes and blends. I've grown the same way for a few years and it works well for me, although everyone is different in their methods and preferences. Whatever works well for you is the best way. Myself, I find drainage to be at the top of the importance list, with nutes near the bottom as they can always be added if needed but a bastard to remove.

Top Bottom