Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naw I'm good paying alot more for GH

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

johndeere

This is my first ever journal so bear with me and ask away if you dont see it.

I run a perpetual hempy SOG zero veg straight to flower they go. I have been using GH Flora nutes and dont feel their getting the job done so I am switching to Blue Planet Nutrients' 3 part plus their bloom booster. I have heard good things about their nutes. I think its a newer company but they are made in the US, the nutes are tailored to MJ and they are quite inexpensive at 44.00 for the three part in gallon form. Here is a link to the feeding schedule where you can also see the analysis.

So my setup is simple I have 8' x 3.5' of flowering space under 2 600 watt hps. Couple of oscillating clip fans for air movement. I utilize a box I built for my moms and clones thats 3' x 2' x 2' so Im a lil cramped there but I make it work. Cooling consists of a 6500btu window ac with the cool air being directed into the flowering area by a 8" inline fan.
My current genetics are as follows: Blue widow by dinafem, Critical by royal queen seeds, Deadhead og by Cali Connect, Serious AK-47 and KC Brains NL Special. The last 2 are new additions and Im pretty stoked to see them in action. Lucked out ordered 3 each ,got 1 male and 2 fem of each:banana1sv6: So Im gonna have to finger out how to upload pics since the system keeps telling me screw off lol. Its ok I havent got my nutes yet so I will start journaling further as soon as I get those 2 items addressed.
If I Forgot to mention anything ask away. Be cool

J

johndeere

K so here are some pics.
100_1580_compressed.jpg
The babies
100_1581_compressed.jpg
More babies
100_1579_compressed.jpg
The moms and finally on to the ladies
100_1571_compressed.jpg
Group 1
100_1572_compressed.jpg
Group2
100_1573_compressed.jpg
and group 3
The nutes!
100_1585_compressed.jpg

The wall of shame
100_1586_compressed.jpg

100_1583_compressed.jpg
Here's how I deal with the runoff. I feed daily let the runoff gather in this trough, sop it up with a towel and remove from the room keeping my RH picture perfect. I have never seen it reach 60%.
So this is 3 cycles, I have room for another which I will start in the next couple of days so I can do a proper journal from day 1 through harvest. Be cool

J

johndeere

Alright so for any noobs in the invisible audience...this is for you.

Cloning is an important task, even the backbone of your op you could say. Without clones you cant run an op like this. I see everyone in the world doing it every possible way, and they all work for them. Bottom line you have to find what works for you through trial and error. People really tend to make things way more complicated than they are. I have bought snake oil and tonic and done rooting dances for days with no success.So after much frustration and failure I got mad. Mad equals determination for me so I said fuck it and threw every cloning method I could into one box and finally ...I got roots yayyyy. So here is my take.
I like cuttings to be in the 4-6 inch range when I take them. Cut at an angle IMO nodes dont mean jack...above, below, bside, in front of whatever.I take my fresh cut and shove it in rockwool PH'd to 5.5. I put said cut onto a bed of perlite Soaked with water of the same PH.The only thing I add to the water is superthrive.Always check PH after using superthrive in any application as it tends to send it south with a quickness. Now I always read you want it damp but not soaked...I say bullshit. Its like rockwool sitting in a swamp when I get done and I keep it that way.The most integral part of the process I have found to be a heat mat. I keep mine between 80-85 at all times. Thats right there was no mention of root stimulators, gels , powders....Water . I check my babies progression after 7 days and if there is not roots yet,theres a bundle of bumps getting ready to be roots.My cuts are fully rooted in 14-20 days,and that means 3-6 inch long roots coming out of the rockwool. I get about a 98% success rate. So to recap: Cut, shove, water,heat, roots. Be cool

J

johndeere

The Hempy Method

Hempy is a lost art revived. The way I read it this method was printed in High Times back in the 80's but never really caught on until 30 years later.
Its passive Hydroponics meaning theres no mechanisationalisms. No pumps,no timers. Heres a resource...look up "a bucket and a hole and its hydro". for me its 3 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite. You poke a hole or like me 2 holes a couple inches up and voila theres your rez. This method absolutely is not for a lazy person. You have to hand water every bucket and you HAVE to deal with the runoff or else your RH will go throught he roof and mouldy types a shit will ensue.Hydroponic nutrients are used to feed at whatever interval is right for you.Thats it.Simple, efficient and for me a huge improvement over soil.If you use quality soil then hempy is much more cost efficient.If you use MG or the likes then soil is comparable in price. Prolly the best resource on the net, look up "The Hempy Collective" If nothing else its a great read an you might feel a lil smarter afterwards:character0050: Be Cool

T

true blue

i have a little clone 4inches that sat at the bottom of my tent in a little cup of water after about a week it started to grow roots so i put a couple of rhinzo tonic from biocanna. After another week the roots were 5cm long it was that simple.Its now in soil and growing ok i will leave it in the shade for a week or two then im going to veg it.

Have never cloned before so see how it goes.Anyway just goes to show a clone is not complicated but very easy.One thing i did do as stated above was cut it at an angle.

Good luck

J

johndeere

You might see that my moms are all in 20 oz soda bottles and powerade bottles. Its called bonsai. If this interests you look up an article titled Keeping and renovating bonsai mums by Oldtimer1. It was part of the Overgrow faq and its a helluva handy technique if your short on space. I can easily get 10 quality cuts off each mother every 2 weeks. Count the mothers and do the math. Needless to say I never want for cloning material. Be Cool

J

johndeere

Yeah, I think Ed Rosenthals take on cloning is the best I've seen. Cut the damn thing and throw it in a dim corner...Its a weed it will grow. Be Cool

J

johndeere

K, so you may have noticed a lack of fan leaves on my plants...no your not crazy they are gone. Its called defoliation. Basically this Jrosek dude came up with a plan that calls for whacking all the fans of in themiddle of the plant to allow penetration through the canopy. His regimen calls for a whacking on days 21 and 45. I'm always a tweaker, So I whack on day 21 and then I just pluck whatever is blocking light whenever from then on.My only concern with this was hermie issues but I have never induced a herm this way. BTW before anyone starts throwing molitovs I have flowered out revegges with 0 fan leaves and grown quite nice, rock hard nugs on a plant that never had any fan leaves ever.Once the vegetative growth is done which coincides well with day 21 they are useless to the flowering cycle. This is an opinion I have adopted that others will disagree with but, for me the proof is in the pudding. I have grown both ways and in a SOG this is the only way for me. Be Cool

J

johndeere

Watch , as a 2 liter bottle becomes a hempy pot.

Step 1. Black spray paint. .99 anywhere.

100_1587_compressed.jpg

Step 2 Cut off top.

100_1588_compressed.jpg

Step 3 the hard 1. Poke hole/s

100_1589_compressed.jpg

Theres a lip or seam around 2 inches up on name brand and store brand 2 liters...above that is where the hole goes.
Good Stuff to come soon.

J

johndeere

Last tutorial, promise. These clones are 23 days old. Pic 1 will work, Pic 2 is ideal.

100_1624_compressed.jpg

100_1626_compressed.jpg

I didnt have the greatest run ever on clones this time around as I am trying to balance out the addition of a second clone box and only 1 heating mat. Also Im fine tuning whether I like 80 or 85 degrees the best, so the babies suffer a bit. Still and yet they will work. Pic 1 runs the risk of ending up a 5 gram runt ,but also may still take off.

Here is how I go about planting...

I hold the clone by its stem at the lowest set of leaves level with the pot. This allows the roots the biggest head start I can give them.

100_1628_compressed.jpg

I hold the cut dangling as I scoop the mix in and then give it a firming in as the hempy mix will settle around 1/2-1 inch.

100_1629_compressed.jpg

once they reach the rez...:mad0233: , in my next post you will see what 10 days can do in a hempy pot. Be cool

J

johndeere

Now its time to get down... Blue Planet Nutrients day 1

100_1631_compressed.jpg

I tucked them in with 2.5ml of grow,micro,bloom. I wont feed the bloom booster until day 22 so they have time to do all the stretching possible.I will give them all 8ozof nutes dosed to 2.5ml for the first 2 days. There will be no runoff as this first 16 oz of nutes will be absorbed into the vermiculite and the rez.Day 3 If everything shows lime green starting from the growing tip moving outward, this indicates the roots have grabbed hold in the hempy mix and I will move to week 2 of the feeding schedule.

As promised here is a group on day 10.these were started with GH nutes but from here forward will recieve Blue Planet. I fed the aggressive growth schedule at 15-7.5-7.5

100_1620_compressed_compressed.jpg

Bottom view

100_1621_compressed_compressed.jpg

Last but not least, these girls were fed GH for the first 29 days. I started them out on the 0-7-20 schedule plus 6ml Liquid Blue.

100_1618_compressed_compressed_compressed.jpg

Blue Widow

100_1619_compressed_compressed.jpg

Thats all for now. ?'s Feel free. Be cool

J

johndeere

So I'm looking for 2 phenos of ak and NL. These 2 ak's went to 12/12 at the same time and have been treated exactly the same. I think I got bingo here... what do you think? Did I mention I have fathers for both ak & NL.:evilgrin0013:

100_1636_compressed.jpg

100_1637_compressed.jpg

J

johndeere

Hello Lurkers,:hi

Lil update.
100_1638_compressed.jpg

day 30 .I love the cornfield perspective.

day 11. This NL variety cannot handle its food very well, besides the fact that I need to flush the excess nitrogen out of them (my fault), these ladies actually greened up overnight after receiving their first Blue Planet dose.

100_1633_compressed.jpg

Day 2 (The Blue Planet babies)

100_1635_compressed.jpg

around day4-5 the explosion will start. Be Cool

J

johndeere

Day 3 Blue Planet Nutrients crop. still giving 2.5 ml of grow micro bloom.

100_1651_compressed.jpg

Heres what it looks like when the clones root in.

100_1650_compressed.jpg

That lime color is about to become an explosion of growth.

Heres a day 11 example.

100_1649_compressed.jpg

The pics had hps yellow glare, but since feeding Blue Planet the last 2 days those NL's that I spoke of not being able to handle their food. They have actually gone from a lime yellow color to a nice green and have put on several inches of growth in just a 2 day period. So far im nothing but impressed with these nutes. 17 inches and ten days til defoliation. My largest GH plants only reached 21 inches(Deadhead OG Kush), so I,m stoked to see how this turns out. Be Cool

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Check out my Critical Hydra freak.:rock

100_1646_compressed.jpg

J

johndeere

Here we are at day 4 for the Blue Planet crop. I should be making the nute switch tonight if all looks good.

100_1658_compressed.jpg

This one has taken off already. (:

100_1659_compressed.jpg

J

johndeere

Day 7 for the Blue Planet clones. Everything is rooted in and I have moved to the week 2 schedule with the nutes.

100_1663_compressed.jpg

The group I put on Blue Planet nutes at day 10 is on day 19. I will defoliate them day after next.They are really drinking alot but that will calm down after defoliation. These plants have grown larger than GH plants. 22" on the NL and Deadhead OG.

100_1662_compressed.jpg

The group thats on day 35 is filling in nicely, Check out this Critical.

100_1664_compressed.jpg

Mmm, cant wait to taste that. Be Cool

Latest posts

Top Bottom