• Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hi farm.

I’m starting a new grow

This run will be 3 blueberries from DP and 3 Purple Afghan Kush from Dinafem.

Some have been vegging for some time.

Some just started to wake up. What can i say but bad planning :)

The tent is just ready today (put the fixture together, lots of wiring) so these still haven’t been up potted and ready to showcase but i’ll get into the specifics in the future and will upload many many pics. :D

For now i can tell, i’ll veg them under 170 watts of brand new diy cobs and flower under 500w of brand new diy cobs. From 12” it gives out between 50K lux to 75K lux in an area of 3x4 (mostly on the higher end) when all lit up. The veg bar is giving 15K lux at about 2 feet away from the canopy. This is not the best readings because i haven’t got a high end luxmeter but buds getting 20K on my last grow turned out pretty nice so 15K should do it. Plus, i’m just acclimating them and the lights will go lower, t5s are so gentle.. the blueberry growed into one bulb, tips are browned, thats all.

This run they will be either in 1 gal or 2 gal pots with supersoil and drip irrigation. Covered with mulch. Feed if needed. Probably will need it but we’ll see.

I’m thinking of vegging 2 weeks max. Mostly because i wanna get clones so if there are any keepers i can CS the shit out them :)

Besides the light fixture and smaller pots it’ll be same equipment wise with my prior grow.

Blueberries and purple afghans
Blueberries and purple afghans 2

Monster762

Monster762

Hi farm.

I’m starting a new grow

The tent is just ready today (put the fixture together, lots of wiring) so these still haven’t been up potted and ready to showcase but i’ll get into the specifics in the future and will upload many many pics. :D

For now i can tell, i’ll veg them under 170 watts of brand new diy cobs and flower under 500w of brand new diy cobs. From 12” it gives out between 50K lux to 75K lux in an area of 3x4 (mostly on the higher end) when all lit up. The veg bar is giving 15K lux at about 2 feet away from the canopy. This is not the best readings because i haven’t got a high end luxmeter but buds getting 20K on my last grow turned out pretty nice so 15K should do it. Plus, i’m just acclimating them and the lights will go lower, t5s are so gentle.. the blueberry growed into one bulb, tips are browned, thats all.

This run they will be either in 1 gal or 2 gal pots with supersoil and drip irrigation. Covered with mulch. Feed if needed. Probably will need it but we’ll see.

I’m thinking of vegging 2 weeks max. Mostly because i wanna get clones so if there are any keepers i can CS the shit out them :)

Besides the light fixture and smaller pots it’ll be same equipment wise with my prior grow.

View attachment 841538 View attachment 841539
What did that tray run you? I’m trying to get 2 4x4 trays but ain’t dropping no hundreds of dollars on plastic trays. You run a net too right? I’m already stuck for this run cause I’m tied up in net but I’d like to find decent trays at decent price if you know a spot. Amazon is not the spot. I think it was like $200 a tray. And I should be working them in the net before I flip right? I got more nets Incase I need another above First attempt with a net. But they like it so far.

H

Highkev

Hi farm.

I’m starting a new grow

View attachment 841538 View attachment 841539
Love those lights

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
What did that tray run you? I’m trying to get 2 4x4 trays but ain’t dropping no hundreds of dollars on plastic trays. You run a net too right? I’m already stuck for this run cause I’m tied up in net but I’d like to find decent trays at decent price if you know a spot. Amazon is not the spot. I think it was like $200 a tray. And I should be working them in the net before I flip right? I got more nets Incase I need another above First attempt with a net. But they like it so far.
Where i live they are pretty cheap compared to 200$. I think i paid about 30$ or so but its a different country shipping would be a bitch :)
I have the option to run a net but this is my first run with these and i want to see if there are any keepers so gonna do a quick flip. There wont be any nets, at least this run.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Half the root mass pruned.

Transplanted into 2 gal smart pots.

Cheap ass drip irrigation in place.

Mulched with pine barks.

I was a little hard on the Blueberry#1 when pruning the roots. I think it will recover. We’ll see. If not i already have 2 clones of it.

Blueberry #1 and PAK #2 AND #3 are topped.

PAK #1 is mainlined.

Blueberry #2 and #3 may get a topping or not. Its all about their vigor.

The soil is a rich one for sure. I don’t think i’ll burn them or anything but it may not be suitable for every plant.

Soil mix;

Biobizz light-mix
Biobizz coco-mix
Plagron bat-mix
Worm castings
Bat guano (3-15-4 and 1-10-1)
Neem cake (5-1-1)
Gk complete organics (2-5-3)
Activated carbon soaked in (banana fpe, alfalfa fpe, re-veg fpe, molasses, biobizz alg-a-mic, biobizz fish-mix)
Spirulina
Stinging nettle seeds (ground)
Diatomaceous earth
Perlite
Zeolite
Pumice
Lava stones

This is my first time with some of these amendments so we’ll see how it plays out.

1E89F940 2C15 43F7 910D DC335E56651F

Last edited:
Erick31876

Erick31876

Half the root mass pruned.

Transplanted into 2 gal smart pots.

Cheap ass drip irrigation in place.

Mulched with pine barks.

I was a little hard on the Blueberry#1 when pruning the roots. I think it will recover. We’ll see. If not i already have 2 clones of it.

Blueberry #1 and PAK #2 AND #3 are topped.

PAK #1 is mainlined.

Blueberry #2 and #3 may get a topping or not. Its all about their vigor.

The soil is a rich one for sure. I don’t think i’ll burn them or anything but it may not be suitable for every plant.

Soil mix;

Biobizz light-mix
Biobizz coco-mix
Plagron bat-mix
Worm castings
Bat guano (3-15-4 and 1-10-1)
Neem cake (5-1-1)
Gk complete organics (2-5-3)
Activated carbon soaked in (banana fpe, alfalfa fpe, re-veg fpe, molasses, biobizz alg-a-mic, biobizz fish-mix)
Spirulina
Stinging nettle seeds (ground)
Perlite
Zeolite
Pumice
Lava stones

This is my first time with some of these amendments so we’ll see how it plays out.

View attachment 841601
Are you sure you didn't forget anything in that mix,lol.can you point me in the right direction on where to get some of these amendments . The only ones I can find local to Me is earthworm castings, bonemeal, and blood meal, and lime. It seems like you got a very good mix going there.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Are you sure you didn't forget anything in that mix,lol.can you point me in the right direction on where to get some of these amendments . The only ones I can find local to Me is earthworm castings, bonemeal, and blood meal, and lime. It seems like you got a very good mix going there.
Well fpes are home made. Biobizz products i just still couldn’t finished them from prior grows. Every other thing is ordered off the net :)
We’ll see how it does. Your mix with added neem and karanja meal and watering with molasses every or every other watering should give very good results.
And yes i forgot i added diatomaceous earth too :D

Erick31876

Erick31876

Well fpes are home made. Biobizz products i just still couldn’t finished them from prior grows. Every other thing is ordered off the net :)
We’ll see how it does. Your mix with added neem and karanja meal and watering with molasses every or every other watering should give very good results.
And yes i forgot i added diatomaceous earth too :D
Awesome thanks for the tip. I forgot, i ad the diatomaceous earth also.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok i ditched the drip system because it is suggested by the breeder that PAK should be watered a little less. With that cheap system i couldn’t achieve that. No drip regulators.
So i’m gonna go with hand watering.
I did the first watering with a probiotic, molasses and neemazal. That should provide protection against possible pests.
They started to get over the shock of transplant (mostly root pruning) and they should be perking up soon.
A572AC13 D75D 4C0A 9346 2AF17A72F65E
77121D86 0674 42C5 A7DA 2C98434BE09D

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Gals are doing great. They got their propolis and amanitha spray yesterday to prevent any possible mold issues and also to give an immune boost.
The 2 blueberries will be topped once when its at 6. Gonna leave 3rd and 4th, clear anything below.
The 2 paks will be topped once more so it will be in a different shape and anything below will be cleared. Just need to get my ass off this couch.
The older blueberry and paks are doing great. Maybe topping the blueberry once more will give me better canopy. Well we’ll see :)
59089B95 43CE 4F6C 9711 11C1565D9F9C

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok heres a quick update. Most of the gals are doing fine. Except the oldest blueberry which exhibits the symptoms of nute burn with stem purpling like a P deficiency but i know it cant be deficient and it shouldn’t be burning because i haven’t fed it and it was already in the same mix that i transplanted in.

So the only other explanation that comes to mind is stress. Could be pests or disease too i guess but i don’t think its either.

When i transplanted i did a deep root pruning and forgot that i had already pruned the roots of the blueberry. So there is chance i might have took to much. Also topping didn’t help with the stress either but it was needed to keep all of them at the same height. Normally i wouldn’t top a plant in this condition but i guess having a back up makes it easier. :)

So if this turns out to be a fusspot i’ll just cull it, i already have 2 clones of it, can easily be replaced.

Also they went into phase 2 which is my fancy way of saying the second bar got lit up :). Seeing the others are growing well no need for them to suffer because of one blueberry. We should be flipping in 15-20 days maybe. I hope it shakes it off.

20CDC14E 9799 4FF8 AC0A 104414F8C785
A632EAFE B5E4 4230 A7A6 9CA4A7886F7C

DEDA47DE AC1D 4760 B073 7DF73856853C

Ps; they have just been watered, the minimal droop is related to that :)

Top Bottom