Blueberry - My 1st Grow Diary

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Wud up Farmers, I been waiting for the right strain to make a grow diary so here it is. I already got a plant in flower so I'm gonna put these in veg with only 12 hours of light, but I'll move it to another room for a few extra hours of regular lights so it stays in veg. The reason I'm doing it like this is because I only have enough space for 1 grow room and I can't wait every 3 months for each harvest. Enough talk so this is my setup.

grow space- 3.5'x3.5' closet
lights- 1 600w HPS
strain- 5 reg Blueberry
cooling- 5000btu window unit a/c
ventilation- 1 7" fan, 1 8" fan, 1 tower fan
media- FF Ocean Forest/perlite in 5 gallon buckets
nutrients- FF Grow Big, FF Tiger Bloom, GH KoolBloom with distilled water

I'll do an update in the morning with pics of my current grow and the seeds germinating, any constructive critisism is welcome and thanks to all for viewing.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

iim confused...

are you veggin with 12 hours of light? and moving into another room for a "few more hours" i hope you mean 6 or 12 more, lol.

good luck, its fun and therapeutic, but dont stress em to much, K.I.S.S.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

iim confused...

are you veggin with 12 hours of light? and moving into another room for a "few more hours" i hope you mean 6 or 12 more, lol.

good luck, its fun and therapeutic, but dont stress em to much, K.I.S.S.

Yes, they will get 18 hors of light. 12 hours under the HPS then after it turns off at 6 pm I'll move them to a different room (not a grow room). I really need to get a CFL so I can put them directly under it.

I did this with my plant that is flowering right now and my 2 outdoor plants. It works just fine the only negative effect is that they stretch more the 1st few weeks, but I'll end up topping and training so its not a big deal.

Reactions: mal
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Diary 1

Diary 2

Diary 3

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^The 1st and 2nd pics are the same plant and its my current grow. The 3rd is my blueberry beans that are about to get planted in soil, but I gotta get some perlite from Lowes before I do that.

I'll follow both that way we get some bud action while the Blueberry's are vegging.

Hope ya'll enjoy!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Nice little bush! Is that also a Blueberry? What seed co. are they from?

Sub'd!

No, the plant that is in flower right now is GHS Big Bang, it has very indica dominant genetics so its relatively easy to make it bush like that. The Blueberry's are the ones germinating and I have 5 more that I'm saving for my next run. They are from a small seedbank in Canada that breeds there own stock.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Awesome first strain to work with bro I cant wait to see how everything turns out for you. Sending positive vibes to you and your grow.

I know, I can't wait to see how these Blueberry's turns out.

Thanks all of ya'll for the compliments and good vibes, more pics coming very soon.

marski420

marski420

What seed company? did you get these from the treating yourself expo in Toronto or something?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What seed company? did you get these from the treating yourself expo in Toronto or something?

I don't wanna name other seedbanks because Logic sells seeds through this site. I hope ya'll understand my point of view.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update

Diary 4

Diary 5

The 1st pic is what I used for my soil. I planted them in 32 oz. cups so thats how I measured my soil. I used 2 cups Ocean Forest, 1 1/2 cups Organic Potting Mix and 1 1/2 cups perlite. The 2nd pic just shows how my grow closet looks with all my plants in there. When I transplant them to bigger buckets I'm probably gonna use 70/30 Ocean Forest to perlite with no other potting mix, I just didn't wanna burn my seedlings.

I'll update as soon as they break the surface, can't wait :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Looking good! Sounds like a lot of work moving them from room to room. Cant wait to see the Blueberry rockin!!!

It does get annoying moving them everyday at 6 a.m. then again at 6 p.m. especially when they get bigger, but its my only choice to get a harvest every 6-8 weeks instead of 12 weeks. I cant wait to see the Blueberry either, I never grown it before but I heard great things about it.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

nice bush bro!

you're moving them to keep it perpetual?

neverbreak

Thanks, I'm moving them because I don't want them to start flowering too early. I'm on 12/12 right now because of my bush and if the seedlings have that same light cycle for the 1st few weeks they will go in bloom. I wanna veg for at least 3 weeks before I start flowering the Blueberry seedlings.

neverbreak

neverbreak

Thanks, I'm moving them because I don't want them to start flowering too early. I'm on 12/12 right now because of my bush and if the seedlings have that same light cycle for the 1st few weeks they will go in bloom. I wanna veg for at least 3 weeks before I start flowering the Blueberry seedlings.

yep, that's pretty much what i figured. not a bad idea if you have limited space. is it just the five seedling ya hafta move?

neverbreak

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

yep, that's pretty much what i figured. not a bad idea if you have limited space. is it just the five seedling ya hafta move?

neverbreak

Yes, just the 5 small cups, my bush in the 5 gallon bucket is starting its 3rd week of flower soon thats why I am moving the small ones so they can keep vegging until they get to the right size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom