Blueberry - My 1st Grow Diary

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wouldn't have the RW cubes in standing water. They should be moist and you can have a slight skim of water in the tray. Keep temp of everything between 75 & 80. And if you can mist the inside of your bag/getto dome without soaking the clones, it will help keep the humidity up.

Did you use any rooting hormone powder or gel?? It helps a bunch

There not in standing water, they were in clear tubberware that was in the water, but I took the water out because it turns cold an hour later and I'm not gonna fill it with warm-hot water every hour.

I'll spray it once in a while, thanks for the tip and yes, I used a rooting hormone powder and the clones are looking great right now, thanks again.

Reactions: mal
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update day 34 veg Blueberry 1-4 and day 17 veg Blueberry 5-8,

All 8 are looking good and there finally starting to grow at a normal rate, they don't grow as fast as any other plant I have grown, but from all the reviews and journals I have read thats normal for Blueberry strains. 1-4 are starting to grow side shoots after I topped them last week and I'm probably gonna put them outside around the 1st week of August, but I'll still keep them updated at least once a week. 5-8 are going good too, I'm gonna top them soon, but right now there still too short. None of them have any yellow or showing any signs of deficiency at all and I think there gonna do good outdoors, especially when it gets colder around October it should really bring out the blue/purple hues in the buds. I also put 1-4 in the flower room under the HPS to give them more intense light and it seems to be working, the leaves are getting bigger by the day and the side branching is growing alot quicker compared to being under the floros, so I'll probably put 5-8 in there too so they can get more light also. 1st pic is one of 1-4 and the 2nd pic is 5-8, you can see how small they are for being so old, but they have always been like that and the leaves look good and so does the internodal spacing on 5-8. Anothe thing, I have been feeding 1-4 2 tsp/g Grow Big and 5-8 usually gets 1 tsp/g Grow Big every other watering and sometimes I'll feed feed water depending on how they look. I'm really hoping to get at least 4 females out of these 8 plants, I'll be happy with that, thanks for viewing, peace.

Big BB
Seedling5

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update Blueberry 1-4,

I forget to mention this in the original update, 1 of the blueberry plants that I topped wouldn't grow its 2 new tops. The 3 others are doing great, but this 1 would not grow the 2 tops and they had some black looking stuff on them, but it had the other 4 branches below growing just fine. So what I did was cut the top off so it has 4 main branches instead instead of 6. I put some neem oil on it yesterday and it didn't help so it got chopped off this morning. I'm not taking any chances incase it was mold or fungi so its gone, I keep a close eye on all my plants and they get inspected everyday so hopefully it doesn't show up anywhere else.

neverbreak

neverbreak

they're lookin' good lex, keep up the good work.

neverbreak

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks all of ya'll, sorry for the lack of updates.

Update day 14 flower Blueberry,

Wud up ya'll, I got 4 females out of the 8 BB plants that I had, there still small for being over a month old but I also got 5 clones of the outdoor Big Bang in 32 oz. hempy cups w/ 100% perlite. I just started putting the clones in the flower closet under the 600w then when the lights go out I put them back under the T8's so they stay in veg. I transplanted the 4 BB's into 3 gallon buckets, 2 on the right are about 60/40 Ocean Forest soil/perlite and the 2 on the left are about 80/20 OF/perlite. I should of transplanted them long ago but I didn't want to waste time and soil on male plants so I sexed them 1st. I just started to feed them Tiger Bloom and Kool Bloom at 1 tsp/gallon TB and 1/2 tsp/gallon KB. I don't wanna feed too much because they got fresh OF soil which has a decent amount of nutrients. Now for the clones I got some orchid fertilizer from Lowes which is 20-15-14, I know its not a good NPK ratio for cannabis but I'm gonna have to use that until I get the GH Flora series from ebay. The clones are about 10 days old in the hempy's so I'll let them go another 2-3 weeks in veg then switch em to flower when there big enough, I also got a 2 lt bottle with water, sugar and yeast to generate some co2 to help with the high temps I've been having, hopefully it helps a little. Any feedback is welcome, peace.

P.S. I can't upload the picture so I'll post it when I can, sorry.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Update Big Bang harvested,

Hey ya'll I forgot to say I harvested the indoor Big Bang at day 56 (8 weeks) of flower, the trichs were mostly milky with a few amber ones here and there. I got about 6 oz. total after I dried it which ain't bad for 1 plant in soil. I know I'll get alot more since I'm growing multiple plants now. The Blueberry's I'm not expecting alot from because there so small, but the clones in the hempy cups should yield around a 1/2 lb. when there done. I still can't upload pics but hopefully I'll be able to when the BB's are done so ya'll can see the nice colors, peace.

Oh yeah and I still got the 2 outdoor plants doing good, there about 5 ft tall and really healthy, I'll let ya'll know how much I get from those when I harvest around the 1st week of October.

619ster

619ster

Yea I hope you got some pics saved of that Big Bang. She was a nice little beast!! So hempy going pretty smooth for you so far?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks 619, she was a lil beaster :) The thing is it's not about saving pics its just that I can't upload them into a post. This website has been VERY SLOW the past few weeks so I don't know if I have to upgrade my browser or not because no other website is going as slow as this one. Anyways the hempy's are coming along great and alot of my knowledge comes from what I read at the Bubble about hempy's from your thread, so thanks bro.

The only problem is that I'm using some orchid fertilizer (NPK is 20-15-14) and I just gave it some yesterday and today my new growth looked floppy, its hard to explain but I just hope they do fine until I get GH Flora series because I ran out of veg nutes and I don't wanna drive 30 min to the hydro shop and pay $22 a bottle when I can get the veg, bloom and micro on ebay for $40 flat. I'm gonna have to check out the weight of each tsp so I can figure out the ppm's because I don't have an EC meter so maybe I gave it too much. I'll find out tomorrow and as soon as I can post pics I'll do it of the Big Bang buds in jars and my current plants, peace.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Looks great! You seem to be a resourceful problem solver, I respect that. I hope the blueberrys work out for you. Never had true bb but I've heard its the best smoke for the morning with a coffee, a nor Cal friend said it was just like having a muffin. Best of luck! Can't wait for some updated pics.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Yo lex, nice going with the harvest. 6oz. is a lot for one plant i'd say. keep us posted.
did you have to top Big Bang more than once or fim it or something to get that much yield?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Looks great! You seem to be a resourceful problem solver, I respect that. I hope the blueberrys work out for you. Never had true bb but I've heard its the best smoke for the morning with a coffee, a nor Cal friend said it was just like having a muffin. Best of luck! Can't wait for some updated pics.

Thanks, I hope to get at least an once per plant on the Blueberry's and I'll definately upload pics as soon as I can.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yo lex, nice going with the harvest. 6oz. is a lot for one plant i'd say. keep us posted.
did you have to top Big Bang more than once or fim it or something to get that much yield?

Thanks bro, yes I topped her at the 5th node early in veg then I topped 2 side branches that were fighting over apical dominance right before the 12/12 flip. I'm looking forward to see what these clones can do because Big Bang grows alot faster then the Blueberry's. Its not the best smoke, but yields are pretty good and she is simple to grow, great for beginners IMO.

The thing with topping is it won't drastically increase yield unless you tie down branches to make an even canopy so the majority of the plant is getting as much light as possible and topping makes it so much easier to train because it splits the plant into 2 sides which get tied down and basically grows horizontally. Then all the budsites are at the same distance from the light, IMO its the best way to train plants.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Alright good info, that's what I was planning to do. I'm not sure about one thing though with that method. Do you have to bend any stems before you tie the branches down? or is that a different method of training? I know doing that makes the growth of the leaves , etc. much faster but that's about it..

Do you have any pics of your toppings, as it would make it easier to understand how to do this.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Alright good info, that's what I was planning to do. I'm not sure about one thing though with that method. Do you have to bend any stems before you tie the branches down? or is that a different method of training? I know doing that makes the growth of the leaves , etc. much faster but that's about it..

Do you have any pics of your toppings, as it would make it easier to understand how to do this.

When I top I wait for the 2 new stems to get about 2" long then I tie them down horizontally and since there so young they bend pretty easily, but if you wait too long then they will stiffin up and its easy to snap off the new stems, so tie them down when there about 2".

I still can't upload pics, I sent a message to logic so hopefully he can help me out. I think I uploaded a pic of it earlier in this thread so go back to the beginning and look at all the photos and you should find it. Basically I took a pic of the stem from underneath the canopy so it should give you a good idea of what to do, good luck bro and thanks for the good vibes and viewing my thread.

Oh yeah, to answer your question yes you have to bend the new stems outward but like I said before its real easy when there young and soft (no homo) lol.

Top Bottom