Bluebuddha's first grow with Led

• Thread starter Bluebuddha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Flower room up and running.
Unless running a chiller I wouldnt put the airpump inside the tent. Not saying you cant, but depending on the type of system your running, its gonna be hard to keep water temps down.
The air outside the tent is usually around home temp air which helps cool the water.
Its not really about pullling in the 72f air, as it is the 72f air cooling the airlines before they go inside the tent. Somewhat like a heat exchanger with the tubing. The lines act as a radiator, and if the light is blasting the airlines and the pump, its going to drastically heat up your water.
If your going sterile it will be very benefitial to do it, not so much if your live, but then again the higher temps promote bad growth just as much as good growth, so if your live, everything else would need to be perfect.
What size water pump ya got there and how many gallons is that? Whats your turnover rate?
Also have you done a test with your lights at max on water temps?

ninjadip

ninjadip

I would be worried about light leaking through those totes. That's a very light gray. wouldn't hurt to spray paint the lids black if you aren't using some kind of light cover, if not the sides of the totes as well. some people paint black, then white on top to reflect heat. as the black base will be to block light.

@Cashmeh good advice on testing water temps. I'm ecstatic that my small ass chiller is holding the temps. To ease the load on the chiller, i'm going to insulate my dwc buckets before next grow with some double bubble.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I would be worried about light leaking through those totes. That's a very light gray. wouldn't hurt to spray paint the lids black if you aren't using some kind of light cover, if not the sides of the totes as well. some people paint black, then white on top to reflect heat. as the black base will be to block light.

@Cashmeh good advice on testing water temps. I'm ecstatic that my small ass chiller is holding the temps. To ease the load on the chiller, i'm going to insulate my dwc buckets before next grow with some double bubble.
Yea that would be to much work to tear down and paint. Perhaps a blanket for now, I like to use bath towels, pretty all 3 of my current systems have a towl over the res. My 4 plant with an external res is painted black too. My totes are not painted, but they are thicker plastic than most totes. Plus my venturi stops microbial growth from sticking to the sidewalls or anything at that. I do enjoy high flow rates.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Veg/flower
850gph pump
Stones in all 3
90 gallons total
68-70F water temp
Fully inoculated w S.Ag, TPS billions and Orca
Hygrozyme @50%
Top clones to SOG
Flower room has max 1250 watts led. Currently dimmed to 25%

IMG 20221202 213317
IMG 20221202 213412
Last edited:
Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Need a lil cable mgmt. Waiting on the others to root then I'll be on 3 week cycle... hopefully.

IMG 20221205 204336
IMG 20221205 204441
IMG 20221205 204505
Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

I may have powdery mildew. I thought it was the humidifier deposits but, I think it's powdery mildew. I have Southern Agriculture friendly fungicide and have mixed a spray and sprayed everything down several times.

I have a bad feeling though. How can I keep it at bay. Now I'm thinking how to decontaminate my whole house.

Bleach, isopropyl, ozone, uv? Ugh this blows.

I'll take pics for verification.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I would ditch the humidifier as they are really only needed for clones without roots and the ability to pull water from the soil. In my experience the lower the humidity the better, even during veg.
I also would never spray the plants with anything. From my perspective its prolly residue from tap water ran through the humidifier, and then its the spray is compounding the issue by adding more molecules to the leafs.
I would get some RO or Distilled water, and spray them down to wash everything off. Whats your temps and humidity level?

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Humidifier is gone. Temps 75 rh 50 - 60%. Shit ton of air flow. I'll need to get a good closeup. Thanks man

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I would ditch the humidifier as they are really only needed for clones without roots and the ability to pull water from the soil. In my experience the lower the humidity the better, even during veg.
I also would never spray the plants with anything. From my perspective its prolly residue from tap water ran through the humidifier, and then its the spray is compounding the issue by adding more molecules to the leafs.
I would get some RO or Distilled water, and spray them down to wash everything off. Whats your temps and humidity level?
Such a contradicting statement . . .MB
I would never ever spray plants with anything, but I didnt run a dehui and put powder on the leafs. So if I had done that, then I would be spraying that off but with RO/distilled water. The only thing I would ever spray on my plants, is RO water, and prolly only in circumstances like this. Its like a 1 time pass to spray not a enocuragment to spray them with RO. Ive grown for almost 2 years in hydro, and ive never had to spray them. Im sure commercially there are reasons why you should or could, I just find for us in our homes, its easier to remove unnecessary steps.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

What do ya think?

Powdery Mildew or fallout from the humidifier I had running in the beginning? I was using tap water in it as my room was @ 30% rh before.

I also have 3 fans inside the tent and acinfinity T6 running @ 4 constantly pulling air in.

IMG 20221210 143809
IMG 20221210 143732
IMG 20221210 143658
IMG 20221210 143557
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Get some close ups of the new growth and compare to a few days later. If its mold it will come back on new growth. If it was residue it wont be on the new nodes just the old leafs.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

1. This is either 88g13b or Donkey Butter. Not sure as I mixed the tags up when young. But it's a monster. Easily outgrew all the others and has to be pruned constantly to give the others light

2. Grape creamsicle cake clones.

IMG 20221222 104638
IMG 20221222 110146
Top Bottom