• Thread starter Bluebuddha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
88G13HP
Courtesy @Trustfall
Wow 🤩 I love the way your plants are growing right now! When everything is dialed in a system like you’re in it’s unstoppable lol. Always loved hydro but I’ve never had a successful grow in it. Had friends that use to do so well when on point…beast mode!

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

After reading Dr. Bugbee's published research on the subject which states 'Calcium is a slow uptake nutrient and has the potential to build and cause an imbalance and lockout'.

I got anxious and changed out 90 gallons. I impressed myself with my off the cuff calculations for ppm levels and came out to a perfect 575 ppm.

I also wanted to thank @ninjadip for recommending this:
IMG 20230209 144105

I haven't set it up yet but it looks great sitting on the floor...

I added 240 watt QB on one side and a King LED, KP2000

I may be imagining it but the frost seems more prominent under it.

IMG 20230209 102142
ninjadip

ninjadip

After reading Dr. Bugbee's published research on the subject which states 'Calcium is a slow uptake nutrient and has the potential to build and cause an imbalance and lockout'.

I got anxious and changed out 90 gallons. I impressed myself with my off the cuff calculations for ppm levels and came out to a perfect 575 ppm.

I also wanted to thank @ninjadip for recommending this:
View attachment 1329167

I haven't set it up yet but it looks great sitting on the floor...

I added 240 watt QB on one side and a King LED, KP2000

I may be imagining it but the frost seems more prominent under it.
Awesome!!!!

just remember don't even try to get any use out of the packaged ph probe, just throw it out, it becomes unstable quick. Plug in the Apera one, then do your calibrations for pH(4 and 7), make sure you rinse off the probe in between your calibration solutions with your cleanest water before putting into the other solution. I will usually have two shot glasses for the calibration solution and one old fashioned glass of water to rinse between. It doesn't hurt to do it twice.

FYI if you throw away the storage solution and find yourself needing to store the ph probe in between a grow/clean or whatever, (it's important not to let it be in the air too long, it'll dry out) you can use your pH 4 calibration solution to refill the little storage thing for it. It should be stored in ph 4.

Then calibrate the EC with a low and high ppm calibration solution. The ph and EC calibration solutions are pretty cheap, the Apera or General Hydroponics are good affordable ph calibration solution options. I can't remember the brand of EC i got, but they should come with lab tests, and i also fine tuned the calibration by comparing the results with my portable EC meter.

I can't wait until i finish my new setup

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Huh. My res is cloudy. Either my solution precipitated out or I stirred up all shit on the bottom. Hopefully the latter. I did add a full gallon of tea.
IMG 20230212 111646

I'm struggling keeping this much going. 90 gallons in a 5x5 and 54Gal in 4x5. I'm going through 30 gallons a week.

I was thinking of downsizing but, it's difficult to choose. I could trim down the mother's I suppose.

Time to make the doughnuts...

ninjadip

ninjadip

Huh. My res is cloudy. Either my solution precipitated out or I stirred up all shit on the bottom. Hopefully the latter. I did add a full gallon of tea. View attachment 1330180

I'm struggling keeping this much going. 90 gallons in a 5x5 and 54Gal in 4x5. I'm going through 30 gallons a week.

I was thinking of downsizing but, it's difficult to choose. I could trim down the mother's I suppose.

Time to make the doughnuts...
If you recently added biologics, which might be in your tea, that could be where the cloudiness came from. A bloom so to say.

In my own experience when I add beneficials to a new res it will raise in temp and be cloudy for a few days and then one day it will be clear and the temp is back to normal. I think this has to do with the healthy bacteria bloom.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

34 days. Hope they fill out. Not much vertical growth but they're fattening up. Wondering if LEDs don't promote vertical flower growth like HIDs.

PXL 20230213 161258148MP2
Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

I had a seal leak and I had to drain everything for an in depth inspection and had 90 gallons to pump out. I figured the mother's could use a res change so I pumped em dry then filled em up with the what's in flower. I haven't really had time to look in on the mother's for a few days...I opened it up...they grew at least 1 ft and turned into a jungle.

Bush

Latest posts

Top Bottom