Bluelab Combo Meter wont calibrate

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Idk whats wrong with my meter. Changed the probe and still wont read correct ph.

I think it got miscalibrated and it wont read the correct ph for the calibrating solution.

Anyone have this problem?

I also tried changing batteries

Bluelab combo meter wont calibrate
Bluelab combo meter wont calibrate 2
I

imgrowing

from what little i know you need to use PH solution closer to your target goal.
try PH solution 7

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

The ph does not change when going from ph 7 solution to ph 4 solution. Tested both 1 month old probe and the new probe I just got.

Can it be the actual unit itself?

Hackerman

Hackerman

Have you followed the instructions on the back of the unit on 'How to Calibrate"?

My Bluelab Combo has the instructions on the back of the unit. I am assuming yours might, also.

Good luck

Siz

Siz

Have you followed the instructions on the back of the unit on 'How to Calibrate"?

My Bluelab Combo has the instructions on the back of the unit. I am assuming yours might, also.

Good luck

Lol yes they all have it on the back and I have of course followed the steps. Ive done it in the past and never had issues.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Are you storing the probe properly? It needs to stay hydrated when not in use, they provide a cap and a sachet of storage solution. Very important.
I think, with the more modern bluelab combo, you have to calibrate to 7 first, then 4. I keep clean water to rinse the probe between solution.
The meter itself has a 5 year warranty, so if you can't figure it out take it back to the retailer

Siz

Siz

Are you storing the probe properly? It needs to stay hydrated when not in use, they provide a cap and a sachet of storage solution. Very important.
I think, with the more modern bluelab combo, you have to calibrate to 7 first, then 4. I keep clean water to rinse the probe between solution.
The meter itself has a 5 year warranty, so if you can't figure it out take it back to the retailer

Yup stored properly and I just got a new one as well. It seems to be stuck around 7-8 ph. When i place it in the 7 solution it tries to calibrate to 10 and when i put it in the 4 solution it tries calibrating to 7.

Its very weird. I replaced batteries, probe. Done everything over again from the start many times. I think it could be the unit itself not reading the probe.

Gona take it to a local hydro shop have them check it out.

Luckily im using AN ph perfect line just havent been using my power si because I have no idea what my ph is.

I

imgrowing

ok this may be out of line , so take it the way i mean it (nicely trying to help)
so they both read 3 higher then.
why can't you adjust the reading down to correct reading?
on mine i put it in the buffer solution and if off then i hold cal button for 10 seconds or until it flashes "cal", then use the down button until you read whatever solution your in then press enter. leave the meter in the solution until it says end
if you can't adjust them then both are hooped.
also, did you hydrate it for at least 15 minutes before you used it?
and store it standing upright

Siz

Siz

ok this may be out of line , so take it the way i mean it (nicely trying to help)
so they both read 3 higher then.
why can't you adjust the reading down to correct reading?
on mine i put it in the buffer solution and if off then i hold cal button for 10 seconds or until it flashes "cal", then use the down button until you read whatever solution your in then press enter. leave the meter in the solution until it says end
if you can't adjust them then both are hooped.
also, did you hydrate it for at least 15 minutes before you used it?
and store it standing upright

Like I said, I put a brand new probe that came out of the box and yes it was in the solution. Had my old one stored properly as well. Hydrated in solution its entirety when not being used.

No where have I seen or heard of adjusting, its just calibration. Where are you seeing this up down and enter button?

I

imgrowing

Press “power/hold” button.

3. Calibrate to pH 7​

Place probe tip in fresh Bluelab pH 7.0 Calibration Solution. Wait for reading to stabilise to between pH 6.6 - pH 7.5.

Long press the Cal button on the pen or meter until “CAL” is displayed. Release button. A calibration sequence will start, sequentially flashing "0" across the display. After "0000" stops flashing, the sequence is complete, and “pH7” is displayed.
sorry i wasn't trying to be a dick. that's just how mine works.
this is the only thing i could find that might help you.
i just find it weird that 2 pens are busted.
good luck
undefined-Aug-18-2021-12-19-26-11-AM.png

I

imgrowing

come to think of it, mine read 10 at the start also.
you might need to swirl the pen around in the water to get an accurate reading.
high ph water seems to screw with it and also bubbles in the probe

Siz

Siz

Press “power/hold” button.

3. Calibrate to pH 7​

Place probe tip in fresh Bluelab pH 7.0 Calibration Solution. Wait for reading to stabilise to between pH 6.6 - pH 7.5.

Long press the Cal button on the pen or meter until “CAL” is displayed. Release button. A calibration sequence will start, sequentially flashing "0" across the display. After "0000" stops flashing, the sequence is complete, and “pH7” is displayed.
sorry i wasn't trying to be a dick. that's just how mine works.
this is the only thing i could find that might help you.
i just find it weird that 2 pens are busted.
good luck
undefined-Aug-18-2021-12-19-26-11-AM.png
come to think of it, mine read 10 at the start also.
you might need to swirl the pen around in the water to get an accurate reading.
high ph water seems to screw with it and also bubbles in the probe

My man have you read my post? Clearly states Blue Lab Combo meter and has a pic attached…

I

imgrowing

sorry bud, was just tossing ideas out hoping they might help.
i'll go back to the corner with the dunce hat now if that'll make you happy.
good luck

Top Bottom