Bodhi Apollo 11f4 And Other Strains

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

I don't see why not, but my own initial thought is that you're clearly not smoking enough weed. :p

Haha, that is very, very true. I haven't been smoking as much as I'd like. I never smoke before work, just because when I do, I'm like,"Psssshhhhh.... Fuck work, I'd rather kick it in my backyard with my feet up, a beer in my hand and music blaring...." So when I do blaze before work, I always just end up calling them and being like,"Yo. I'm not coming in today. Deal with it," haha!

That, coupled with my grow.... I dunno. I wanna really be on this shit, trying not to fuck shit up too much. Thus, I've really only been blazing once I'm done with everything. So I really only get to smoke as much as I'd like every other day, i.e. the days I don't have to water and whatever all else. What can I say? I'm a paranoid, OCD motherfucker haha.

In the middle of trimming and jarring the Apollos right now. They dried out too quickly for sure, but still sticky as shit. It's extremely obvious that next run, I will not top them. There's TONS of larf. I'm hoping that the first plant I trimmed was the smallest of the three, because although I filled up two and a half quart jars with the first plant, there's a lot of little spindly, tiny buds (not even sure you could classify them as "buds"). But that's cool, I'll just use the "Larf Jar Nugs" for the joints that I give to the cooks and busboys at work.

They love the free weed I give them haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Ya I had the same reaction from this strain. What you experienced was a "Spiritual Awakening""
response. Hence the name Prayer Tower. LOL Gotta love a 1 hitter quitter strain :smoking:

"Spiritual Awakening"? Nah, man, it's more like "Spiritual Sleeping My Ass Off" hahaha!!!! Awakening was what I was hoping for, but all it's been making me do is crash the fuck out.

It could just be cuz I've been working a lot lately and then going out til late, too. I won't lie, I've been drinking a little more than I usually do (and I like my beer and bourbon tons, so "drinking a little more than I usually do" means drinking a shitload more than most people ever do). Definitely one hitter quitter, though. I can blaze a j of most strains and still be fine and functional, even after drinking a twelve pack and a half-bottle of Jack. But the PT? Fuck me. It's really, really strong.

I'll just be sure to only blaze that one on days I don't drink so much. I bet it'd be amazing sans alcohol. And it's still amazing, just reeeeeeallllyyyy not the kind of high I thought it'd be.

Just outta curiosity @jumpincactus How long did you take your PT's? Cuz I'm thinking about chopping mine pretty soon (as stated above). I'll post pics of them tomorrow night (again, as stated above, im trimming the Apollos tonight, then I have to shower and water the rest of the plants, certain I won't feel like taking pics by the time I get done with everything else). But yeah, just wondering.... It's day 57 today (tonight, whatever), so a little over eight weeks (duh). That, coupled with the fact that they've been on 11/13 for almost the entire duration of the flowering period makes sense that they'd probably be finished real soon. But yeah, super-curious how long you took them.

Minitiger

Minitiger

If @jumpincactus agrees with you then you probably got it right.

No no noooooo. I'm more disappointed than you man. I have anxiety bad and I can't smoke super strong stuff. Aw man I was more excited for these than anything, pt was at the top of my list. Thanks for sharing, will run some other before I get to those. Hope the other is a little lighter.

Jacks cleaner used to do that to me every time like clockwork. Super intense high leading to a pot nap and then waking up going wtf just happened. That was fun when I first started out(used to wake up and just lol from getting knocked the hell out) but I can't handle that stuff now.

you better pray the other tower isn't as strong, hehe

Well, maybe the Sativa selection smokes differently than what I'm smoking. Maybe? That's the one you got, right?

I'm curious, too: do you know what Bodhi based his "Sativa" and "Indica" selections on, exactly? The only reason I wonder is because I'd figure that the shorter ones would be the "Indica" phenos, while the taller, stretchier ones would be the Sativa-ish ones. But according to him (and like I said earlier), the shorter bushier ones are the Lemon Thai-leaning phenos. Again, as I've stated a billion times, I don't know SHIT. But yeah, just wondering.... IMO, I'd think that the Lemon Thai phenos would be the Sativa selection. Or, er, something.

I only wore a glove on one hand while trimming the first Apollo, think I might be getting high as fuck from the hand that I didn't wear a glove on haha. Still got two more to go, think I might glove both hands for the rest of the night haha.

I'm sure if the Sativa PT's you got, uh, lean Sativa or whatever, than they won't knock your ass out like the ones I've sampled so far have. Again or, er, something. Not quite sure I'm making any sense at all right now haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Well, maybe the Sativa selection smokes differently than what I'm smoking. Maybe? That's the one you got, right?

I'm curious, too: do you know what Bodhi based his "Sativa" and "Indica" selections on, exactly? The only reason I wonder is because I'd figure that the shorter ones would be the "Indica" phenos, while the taller, stretchier ones would be the Sativa-ish ones. But according to him (and like I said earlier), the shorter bushier ones are the Lemon Thai-leaning phenos. Again, as I've stated a billion times, I don't know SHIT. But yeah, just wondering.... IMO, I'd think that the Lemon Thai phenos would be the Sativa selection. Or, er, something.

I only wore a glove on one hand while trimming the first Apollo, think I might be getting high as fuck from the hand that I didn't wear a glove on haha. Still got two more to go, think I might glove both hands for the rest of the night haha.

I'm sure if the Sativa PT's you got, uh, lean Sativa or whatever, than they won't knock your ass out like the ones I've sampled so far have. Again or, er, something. Not quite sure I'm making any sense at all right now haha.

Your right I have the PT Sativa.

Lemon Thai is infamous for being short and bushy, similar to apollo 11 genius phenos in that sense. Lemon Thai's are also known to be rip roaringly strong if the right pheno is found. Very very strong pyschedlic effect can often occur with it and it's hybrids.

I can't quite put my finger on exactly the difference between the indica and sativa selections. My best guess is this... He got the Lemon Thai from Dutch Flowers and made them into f3's. B said this about the Lemon Thai f3's... "out of all the individuals i kept a sativa pheno that looks like a SSH when flowering, and the more stout indy/sat hybrid."

He also has a Lemon Thai indica dom pheno that is "exceptional" that he was given by Ingognyto. So that's 3 phenos right there to select from. My guess would be that the original PT is an open pollination of these 3 phenos(maybe just 2), then he did a pollination of them individually(at least 2 of them) and called them PT Sativa and PT indica. Seems like this is a common process for him to work in, I've seen him do this with a few things now.

Also says this in the description of Lemon Thai f3, "a sativa selection f3 may be produced but the indy/sat mom was light years ahead of the sat in preferred cannabis qualities." So maybe the PT sativa is the SSH looking one that wasn't as high quality as the indy/sat female.

I've never grown any Appalachia hybrids so I can't give you a good judge of what the influence is. But in this hybrid I would guess that the Lemon Thai phenos would be shorter and bushier with lots of buds(softer sativa buds, not rock hard indica buds) all over. I think the Appalachia leaning ones would be a lot more dense.

Not too certain so don't quote me or anything, but I think it's something like that.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Your right I have the PT Sativa.

Lemon Thai is infamous for being short and bushy, similar to apollo 11 genius phenos in that sense. Lemon Thai's are also known to be rip roaringly strong if the right pheno is found. Very very strong pyschedlic effect can often occur with it and it's hybrids.

I can't quite put my finger on exactly the difference between the indica and sativa selections. My best guess is this... He got the Lemon Thai from Dutch Flowers and made them into f3's. B said this about the Lemon Thai f3's... "out of all the individuals i kept a sativa pheno that looks like a SSH when flowering, and the more stout indy/sat hybrid."

He also has a Lemon Thai indica dom pheno that is "exceptional" that he was given by Ingognyto. So that's 3 phenos right there to select from. My guess would be that the original PT is an open pollination of these 3 phenos(maybe just 2), then he did a pollination of them individually(at least 2 of them) and called them PT Sativa and PT indica. Seems like this is a common process for him to work in, I've seen him do this with a few things now.

Also says this in the description of Lemon Thai f3, "a sativa selection f3 may be produced but the indy/sat mom was light years ahead of the sat in preferred cannabis qualities." So maybe the PT sativa is the SSH looking one that wasn't as high quality as the indy/sat female.

I've never grown any Appalachia hybrids so I can't give you a good judge of what the influence is. But in this hybrid I would guess that the Lemon Thai phenos would be shorter and bushier with lots of buds(softer sativa buds, not rock hard indica buds) all over. I think the Appalachia leaning ones would be a lot more dense.

Not too certain so don't quote me or anything, but I think it's something like that.

Wtf you doing up so late? Hahaha....

Yeah I've read all of that stuff from B. But the nug I've been sampling is from the Appalachian pheno (only just figured that out about an hour ago, after I got done watering and took a good look at the plants)(was planning on skipping watering tonight, but my girl changed the sheets, so.... Figured I had to take a shower and if I was gonna shower, might as well get in there and water the plants haha).

I will say that the Appalachian pheno (or at least the one I've been blazing) has absolutely no "Thai/psychedelic/old-school goodness" to it at all. And that's really what I was looking for. Like I said, it's straight up Indy-Dom dick in the dirt weed. Not my favorite type of high at all. But whatever.... I just packed a bowl of it, gonna blaze it in a sec and crash the fuck out hahaha!!!

Guess I got my "sleepy time weed" for the next month or two, just didn't think it'd be the PT. We'll see how the Lemon Thai pheno smokes in about a month, I guess. Spent the majority of tonight trimming and jarring a couple of the Apollos. Ended up getting over it, tired from working all day, too, so I still have a little over one left to go. But I have tomorrow (today, whatever) off, so I guess I got something to do, at least. Yay haha. Usually I just kick it out back and have people over on my days off, but I have to trim the last Apollo and a third when I wake up fo sho. Weighed the two Apollos (actually one and two thirds; like I said, I got bored. And super-tired, too) and got about 120 grams off of two plants that were not grown ideally, so.... I dunno. I ain't unhappy.

I'm tired. I dunno if what I just typed is clear enough. My point is: it's late, trimmed a bunch of weed tonight, thought I was gonna go to bed three hours ago, asked my girl if she changed the sheets, she said,"Yes," so I took a shower then watered the plants and then, uh.... And then, um.... Then I replied to your message hahaha!!!

Fuck it. I'm gonna eat some cheese and crackers and then sleep until ten haha!

Minitiger

Minitiger

And before I forget, you're right about the Lemon Thai pheno being "Apollo-ish." Maybe not quite as all over the place as the Apollos and definitely not as floppy, stronger stems than the Apollo for sure, but yeah, I don't think that's an unfair comparison at all.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Shit, okay, one last thing before bed @hiiipower Ive also noticed that B seems to be a fan of open-pollinations, like you said. On the one hand, it kind of makes sense. But on the other, I've found myself wondering,"Is he just lazy....?" Or maybe too busy? Not talking shit at all, but it does seem like.... I dunno.... Is this a thing now? Like breeders aren't gonna go through the the effort of picking and choosing select males and females to breed with? They're just gonna take a few males and females and hope for the best?

And for real, that's it. I am fucking OUT.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Haha, that is very, very true. I haven't been smoking as much as I'd like. I never smoke before work, just because when I do, I'm like,"Psssshhhhh.... Fuck work, I'd rather kick it in my backyard with my feet up, a beer in my hand and music blaring...." So when I do blaze before work, I always just end up calling them and being like,"Yo. I'm not coming in today. Deal with it," haha!

That, coupled with my grow.... I dunno. I wanna really be on this shit, trying not to fuck shit up too much. Thus, I've really only been blazing once I'm done with everything. So I really only get to smoke as much as I'd like every other day, i.e. the days I don't have to water and whatever all else. What can I say? I'm a paranoid, OCD motherfucker haha.

In the middle of trimming and jarring the Apollos right now. They dried out too quickly for sure, but still sticky as shit. It's extremely obvious that next run, I will not top them. There's TONS of larf. I'm hoping that the first plant I trimmed was the smallest of the three, because although I filled up two and a half quart jars with the first plant, there's a lot of little spindly, tiny buds (not even sure you could classify them as "buds"). But that's cool, I'll just use the "Larf Jar Nugs" for the joints that I give to the cooks and busboys at work.

They love the free weed I give them haha.

Sorry, I meant two pint jars, not two quarts. Two quarts would be amazing haha.

So, yeah, the PT is definitely bed time weed. Did a few rips before I laid down last night and it knocked me right out. Now that I'm getting used to it, I kind of dig it. Just not what I thought it'd be....

Pics of the remaining plants tonight. So the two PT's, one of the Goldstars and the Clusterfunk. Oddly, the CF looks like it'll be the last to finish. Or maybe the Goldstar. The two PT's look like they're done, to be honest. The loupe I have is useless, so I'm relying on the pistils to give me an idea on how close they are to being done. But yeah, they look pretty close.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Shit, okay, one last thing before bed @hiiipower Ive also noticed that B seems to be a fan of open-pollinations, like you said. On the one hand, it kind of makes sense. But on the other, I've found myself wondering,"Is he just lazy....?" Or maybe too busy? Not talking shit at all, but it does seem like.... I dunno.... Is this a thing now? Like breeders aren't gonna go through the the effort of picking and choosing select males and females to breed with? They're just gonna take a few males and females and hope for the best?

And for real, that's it. I am fucking OUT.

Wouldn't say lazy. Just looking at all the possible avenues. Takes a lot of patience to work with a line that long/much.

I live in the mitten. I'm in bed by 7pm your time and wake up at 2am your time lol

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
"Spiritual Awakening"? Nah, man, it's more like "Spiritual Sleeping My Ass Off" hahaha!!!! Awakening was what I was hoping for, but all it's been making me do is crash the fuck out.

It could just be cuz I've been working a lot lately and then going out til late, too. I won't lie, I've been drinking a little more than I usually do (and I like my beer and bourbon tons, so "drinking a little more than I usually do" means drinking a shitload more than most people ever do). Definitely one hitter quitter, though. I can blaze a j of most strains and still be fine and functional, even after drinking a twelve pack and a half-bottle of Jack. But the PT? Fuck me. It's really, really strong.

I'll just be sure to only blaze that one on days I don't drink so much. I bet it'd be amazing sans alcohol. And it's still amazing, just reeeeeeallllyyyy not the kind of high I thought it'd be.

Just outta curiosity @jumpincactus How long did you take your PT's? Cuz I'm thinking about chopping mine pretty soon (as stated above). I'll post pics of them tomorrow night (again, as stated above, im trimming the Apollos tonight, then I have to shower and water the rest of the plants, certain I won't feel like taking pics by the time I get done with everything else). But yeah, just wondering.... It's day 57 today (tonight, whatever), so a little over eight weeks (duh). That, coupled with the fact that they've been on 11/13 for almost the entire duration of the flowering period makes sense that they'd probably be finished real soon. But yeah, super-curious how long you took them.
Take em earlier than suggested by breeder to eliminate some of that knock you down effect. My 1st run with her I took at 10 weeks suggested is 9. Took the 2nd run at 9 wk and it still knocked me the F^^^ out. Last run was chopped at 8 weeks and is a more stay tuned in type come on with not so much couch lock.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Wouldn't say lazy. Just looking at all the possible avenues. Takes a lot of patience to work with a line that long/much.

I live in the mitten. I'm in bed by 7pm your time and wake up at 2am your time lol

Yeah, "lazy" probably wasn't the best word to use. But I have noticed that now more than ever, open-pollination using multiple males and females is a "thing." Definitely not complaining. I'd rather have a bigger selection of phenos to choose from. However, at the same time, I reeeeealllyyyy respect breeders like DJ Short who've stuck with the same few lines and spent decades trying to get it to where they want.

The Mitten, huh? Brrr. I'm sitting in my backyard right now in flip-flops with no shirt on haha.

Gawddamn, I love LA.....

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Take em earlier than suggested by breeder to eliminate some of that knock you down effect. My 1st run with her I took at 10 weeks suggested is 9. Took the 2nd run at 9 wk and it still knocked me the F^^^ out. Last run was chopped at 8 weeks and is a more stay tuned in type come on with not so much couch lock.

Okay, that settles it, I'm chopping the PT's tomorrow night. Gonna take/post some pics tonight, just to see what y'all think. But yeah, I'm probably gonna chop tomorrow night. I'd even do it tonight, but one: I'm curious to see what y'all think. And two: like I just said above, I'm in my backyard in flip-flops, shirtless, baked on the Apollo with an IPA in hand, cranking some tunes. In other words, being a lazy-ass white trash motherfucker haha. The PT's can wait one more day. Plus, I still have to trim the last Apollo and a half haha.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Oh that is so not cool man

Hahahahaha!!!! Sorry, had to say it. And anyway, climate change is fucking everything up. Yeah, it's been super-nice out lately, but come June? It'll be all cold and grey out here. Really weird to watch the weather patterns change so quickly (quickly meaning the last ten years or so).

Anyway, you got a sister out here, get yer ass to LA!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, "lazy" probably wasn't the best word to use. But I have noticed that now more than ever, open-pollination using multiple males and females is a "thing." Definitely not complaining. I'd rather have a bigger selection of phenos to choose from. However, at the same time, I reeeeealllyyyy respect breeders like DJ Short who've stuck with the same few lines and spent decades trying to get it to where they want.

The Mitten, huh? Brrr. I'm sitting in my backyard right now in flip-flops with no shirt on haha.

Gawddamn, I love LA.....
LOL

Minitiger

Minitiger

Sorry about not posting those pics last night. Had a panic attack and just couldn't get the pics. I'll take some tonight before I chop the PT's.

Sad note: I just canNOT keep the humidity level in my drying tent high enough. It's gotten as low as 25 percent. So the plants have all dried out much too quickly. I had two humidifiers blowing directly into the intake duct, but it's not really making a difference. I just now put one of them into the tent itself, hopefully that'll help. But yeah, the buds are way too crispy for my liking. Really trying to figure out what I can do before I hang the rest of the plants in there tonight.

Trimming the last Apollo now (couldn't get to it last night on account of the panic attack). The buds aren't so dry that they're crumbling or anything and they're still sticky, but they definitely dried out too quickly.

Gonna trim the Goldstar next. And then I'm gonna buy more jars. I'm running out of 'em!

usstoner

usstoner

Well sucks there drying to fast put a piece of lettuce in the jar ffor a couple hours see if that helps...

Minitiger

Minitiger

Well sucks there drying to fast put a piece of lettuce in the jar ffor a couple hours see if that helps...

Actually, I just ordered some of those Boveda humidipacks (along with more jars haha), they'll be here tomorrow, hopefully that'll help. The nugs are definitely still sticky, they're just a little too crispy. And the larf on the last Apollo I trimmed just now? Forget it. I tossed like the whole bottom half of that plant. Wasn't even worth the effort. If I was planning on making hash with the trim or butter (I don't like edibles at all; the last brownie I ate was made by me with Sour D canola oil that a friend makes and it got me TRIPPIN' in a very uncomfortable way haha), I'd have kept it. But I'm not, so...

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, just finished trimming most of the first Goldstar I chopped last week (think it was a couple days after the Apollos). Looks, feels and smells much better than the Apollos. The smell is overwhelming, really. Making me feel nauseous, actually. And no, I haven't been drinking haha. Think I'm gonna take a break from the drinking, to be honest.

Anyway, yeah, it's just straight-up piney/wintergreen/minty. I can feel it in my throat. Makes me think of those old York Peppermint Patty commercials, where the dude would take a bite and then exhale frosty air haha. My girl is sitting in the tv room with me while I trim and both she and I noticed that our eyes were watering from how strong it smells. I remember reading somewhere about how the bag appeal of the Gstars was off-the-charts, too, and I have to agree. All the nugs look really, really good.

Soooo, yeah... I'm stoked.

Top Bottom