Bodhi Apollo 11f4 And Other Strains

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, now for some of the others.

One of the Prayer Towers (the bigger, more Sativa-leaning pheno). Can't wait for this one to be done, it's really starting to smell ridiculously good.
IMG 1931

Full-plant shot of the bigger of the two Goldstar f4's. This one has started to develop this unbelievably complex and unique nose. When I first took it out of the tent to water them (yeah, I take all of them out to water them by hand, despite the fact that I have a Chapin, just because I like to take a good look at them and also, like I said before, I like to position them in different areas of the ten every couple days) and brushed up against it, I got a distinct "burnt rubber" smell from it, very similar to the Clusterfunk I have growing. Thought I had to have been mistaken, but it's definitely there. So I took a couple three good, good whiffs of it and it has this incredible "menthol/eucalytpus/pine/earth" thing going on that's just... I dunno, it's just fucking GOOOOOD hahaha!
IMG 1930

Close-up of the above plant. Sorry about the horrible lighting, I really really need to figure this camera out.
IMG 1929

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Glad I refreshed before bed. Wife and kid are in the bay area for the last couple days so I have been watching tv on my computer. With my dogs at my feet, just how I like it.:D

One word of advice, start thinking support on those branches. They might get heavy. You're description of the Apollo reminds me of my cut of Cindy 99 about 5-8 years ago. Really great plant, I believe they share some of the same linage, it's been a while.

Keep up the good work.

Minitiger

Minitiger

This is the smaller of the two Prayer Towers. Flower development is taking a little longer than on the Sativa (or more vigorous and faster growing one, anyway) PT pheno, but you can still see the frost pretty decently on this one. Notice the leaves sticking almost straight up, too. That's a good thing, right?
IMG 1905

The lone Clusterfunk. I know red pitioles aren't the greatest, but I still kinda dig the way they stand out in this pic.
IMG 1907

Okay, that's it for now. I'll probably wait to post more pics until next week, just so things, you know, look more interesting. If anybody sees anything that they think could be an issue or anything at all that could possibly improve these plants growth, CHIME IN.

Also, one last thing, none of these plants have stretched more than 150%, at the very most. And the ones that stretched that much were one of the Goldstars and one of the Prayer Towers. I have to believe it's the Apache that reduced the stretch, because I was fully anticipating some of these to get at least three times as big as they were when I induced flowering. @tags420 Have you noticed a serious reduction in stretch between your grows using the Apache and your grows using standard HID lighting?

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Oh, yeah, definitely already been
Glad I refreshed before bed. Wife and kid are in the bay area for the last couple days so I have been watching tv on my computer. With my dogs at my feet, just how I like it.:D

One word of advice, start thinking support on those branches. They might get heavy. You're description of the Apollo reminds me of my cut of Cindy 99 about 5-8 years ago. Really great plant, I believe they share some of the same linage, it's been a while.

Keep up the good work.

Oh, yeah, I've already been considering how I'm gonna go about doing that for the last week or so. I was gonna pm you about that very subject, but fuck it, I'll do it here, in a public forum, just so everybody knows how little I know haha.

Anyway, I'm worried about damaging the root system, but since smart pots "air prune" or whatever, that should mean that the roots won't necessarily reach the very outer edge of the pot, right? So it should be fine to stick like three stakes in each pot, without worrying about damaging the root ball, as long as I make sure to put the stakes at the verrrrrrryyy outer edge of the pots, yeah?

Love the bay area, been about a year since me and my girl were up there last, probably time for another drive up there. Hope it ain't too chilly up there right now. Gotta love bringing your dogs with you, too. We can't do that, just because the boy, as sweet as he is, can be a little, uh, unpredictable (read: sometimes he corners friends of mine that he's met a million times in the hallway and tries to kill them and I end up having to wrestle him away hahaha!!!!). He's a good boy, though.

Anyway, yeah, gonna stake soon, for sure.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Wait, never mind, just realized you meant the wife and kids were in the Bay Area, not you haha. Either way, love it up there. Gotta love a weekend to yourself, too.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Great update, looking good. This is itchin my trigger finger real bad on my Apollo 11's man.

Dude those red petioles are SIIIICK! I personally don't think that's a deficiency that looks like a genetic trait, but dunno. Your plants look healthy.

What's the p tower smelling like? Don't think you gave any word on that one yet..

I'm still fooling around with my new camera too, wish I could help but I'm in the same boat as you atm.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Great update, looking good. This is itchin my trigger finger real bad on my Apollo 11's man.

Dude those red petioles are SIIIICK! I personally don't think that's a deficiency that looks like a genetic trait, but dunno. Your plants look healthy.

What's the p tower smelling like? Don't think you gave any word on that one yet..

I'm still fooling around with my new camera too, wish I could help but I'm in the same boat as you atm.

Yeah, I do think that the red petioles on the Goldstar are genetic. They've looked like that pretty much from the get-go. But most of my other plants look like that, too, albeit much less intensely. Could also mean that the Goldstar is a P hog haha.

Gonna have to really get my nose into the Prayer Towers to give you an accurate description on the way they smell. I had just gotten done taken some big whiffs of that Goldstar, so it was hard to tell. Definitely some citrus, maybe almost more lime-y than lemony, but I'll have to check it out better the next time I'm in the tent. But it smells strong.

The Apollos are really overwhelming everything else, though. Checked on the tent when I got up this morning and I can smell them over everything else. Which I suppose makes sense, since they'll be the first to finish. But yeah, man, they smell really, really strong.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've jumped through a bunch of stuff. I wanted to let you know that you've got the start of a Mg- going on with some of those ladies. Get some Epsom salt foliared (or root drenched) on/in them. Quarter teaspoon per gallon is a great place to start.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I would recommend staking be done at onset or right before flower. That way you don't disturb the plants, but I think it would be ok to put a stake or two per plant no problem.

Yeaaaahhhhh, I shoulda done it when I transplanted, I dunno why I didn't. Laziness, I guess. Or stupidity haha. I was thinking of maybe putting a few on the outside of the pot and then wrapping some tape around the pot a few times to hold them in place, not sure if that would fuck up the, uh, porosity or whatever of the smart pots, but that was another idea.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've jumped through a bunch of stuff. I wanted to let you know that you've got the start of a Mg- going on with some of those ladies. Get some Epsom salt foliared (or root drenched) on/in them. Quarter teaspoon per gallon is a great place to start.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Would Sea 90 work? Or does it have to be Epsom salt? Also, can you tell which ones are showing it the most? Would it be bad if I just watered every plant with it?

Minitiger

Minitiger

How about just making a cage of pigwire and putting that around the whole thing?

Now THERE's an idea. Not too sure where to get pig wire near me, but I'm sure I can find some place. And I'm off today (yay), so maybe I'll do that this morning.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... I haven't used Sea-90 to correct Mg-. Look for the plants that have that yellow halo on the lowers, those are the ones.

I don't think it would be bad if you watered every plant with it, thus, the low recommended dose. Just be careful not to overdo it on the plants that aren't showing the issue. This is why I do recommend foliar over root drench, and also with foliar if the plant greens up in a few hours, then that's a tell that it's definitely an issue with Mg.

Pigwire is sold at Home de Pot and Lowe's.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hmm... I haven't used Sea-90 to correct Mg-. Look for the plants that have that yellow halo on the lowers, those are the ones.

I don't think it would be bad if you watered every plant with it, thus, the low recommended dose. Just be careful not to overdo it on the plants that aren't showing the issue. This is why I do recommend foliar over root drench, and also with foliar if the plant greens up in a few hours, then that's a tell that it's definitely an issue with Mg.

Pigwire is sold at Home de Pot and Lowe's.

Okay, will do. Could I use molasses to correct the Mg? Isn't that a source of Mag?

Was thinking about the pig wire thing and realized that I wouldn't really be able to move the plants around if I did that, so I'm probably gonna go with the stakes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Small source, I think you'd have to use too much molasses to really make the Mg grade.

You can cut the pigwire so that it makes its own stakes, kind of like a tomato cage. But there is a pain-in-the-ass factor that goes along with it, shit's sharp.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, I'll go with the Epsom salts, gonna get some today and foliar like a few of the leaves tomorrow morning before work, check them out when the light turns on tomorrow night and if the leaves look good, I'll drench with the Epsom tomorrow night when I water. Would that be the right course of action? Will the leaves that I foliar bounce back? I'd really prefer to drench, just because I'm pretty well into flower right now. Isn't it bad to foliar this late?

And I agree with the pig wire thing, it does sound like kind of a pain haha. Think I'm gonna go with the stakes and hope for the best.

For anybody who may be following this thread, you have just gotten an inside look into how much of a pain in @Seamaiden 's ass I've been for the last, like, year and a half haha. There are literally pages of pm's of me asking her a question, her patiently responding and then me going,"Ah, okay, will do. But don't you think that blahblahblah etc etc....?" and then her patiently responding again. And again. And again.... Hahaha!!!! Thank you, Seamaiden!

Maybe my screen name should be Super Newb haha!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IF it's a Mg-, then the yellowing should green back up in a few hours at most after giving via foliar application. If you can do foliar for this, that's what I would do here.

Has it been a year and a half, ALREADY???? :p :D

I think you're learning through all of this, one way or another.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Sorry, @Seamaiden what I meant to ask was: if I foliar just a few of the leaves, will it be possible for them to show improvement without foliar-ing the entire plant? Not sure if I was clear enough about that in the last post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom