Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

I may try to snag another pack of gojis as I only got two females and both were more or less exact same.i grew em and they didn't have any smell really so I wasn't expecting my flavour so I was very happily surprised to find they were tastier than......some mega tastey things.
On an unhappier not my single female blood orange is throwing nanners on the topmost nugs.they don't seem to have any pollen so i,ll let em go a bit longer in the corner of the tent to see how it goes in the next few days.i think it's coz it was too close to the light for it as it was directly underneath it.iv moved it into the corner.its a cracking big plant too.an appy leaner for sure.nice big frosty sweet dank not mega dense colas.iv got cuts so unless this one totally fucks right up in the last weeks i,ll give a cut another wee run and make sure it stays in the corner and hope it goes ok.View attachment 665413 It's nice n frosty dank but here u can see plenty of nanners ontop.this was the worste one it u can clearly see it's mainly at the top so fingers crossed it was just too close to the lightView attachment 665415
It's heartbreaking seeing such good colas herm out
Didnt even want to like that post. I had high hopes for that blood orange. Its one of the strains i wanted to get my hands on.

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

On an unhappier not my single female blood orange is throwing nanners on the topmost nugs.its a cracking big plant too.an appy leaner for sure.
All the Appy crosses I've grown out have thrown nanners at one point or another... SSDD, Blueberry Hill, and Dream Beaver. Doesn't mean I won't try them all again, though, lol!

SSDD F2s under a new to me mover.
SSDDs Mover Table 1

Krypto

Krypto

I ran the Golden Triangle a few years back when I had a lot of different Bodhi gear growing. It may have been my favorite I don't know about plumeria though? Plumeria is a tree that grows in the tropics. One of the more popular flowers come from it to make leighs with. Sort of a sweet smelling flower like Jasmine or Gardena. For me the real OG that I am familiar with is more earthy with a musky almost arm pit kind of stank to it, especially when it's burning you know it's OG from a mile away. These days they call everything that stinks and looks pretty OG. I was not long ago that there were only a few. SFV and Tahoe come to mind and just plain old OG. Some years I would get a strain mixed up and could not figure it out. My peeps would ask me what it was and I would laugh and say just make up some word and put OG after it, that is what everyone else does. LOL! I worked in a high end restaurant for many years and when we would taste wine I would roll my eyes at some of the descriptors used, graphite or pencile lead, tobacco, leather? Same with weed, though some really does smell or taste a certain way. Can you say skunk! Tangerine did blow me away, of course lemons pine or evergreen come to mind. Bodhi comes up with some good ones. It's amazing how specific he gets or "Nepali" OG Kush from "Grass Valley"? Really? LOL! My new name I am going to call anything good is RG Really Good. I have some Queen Elizabeth VIII RG. LOL. Just messing with you guys. LOL
I know, right. . . I was lucky enough to get ahold of a "verified" GhostOG x....another "real deal OG"
Haven't popped any yet. But we'll see.

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

Do u hand water those in coco H?whats that white thing ontop of the medium?
Sort of, lol! The bags are wicked into the saucer, so I bottom water, and top feed and water some. It's a SIPs of sorts! The white stuff is Tyvek, a breathable housewrap... keeps the the tops of the pots from drying out so fast... I have a lot of fans blowing, lol!

And, no coco, just a reycled peat based mix.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sort of, lol! The bags are wicked into the saucer, so I bottom water, and top feed and water some. It's a SIPs of sorts! The white stuff is Tyvek, a breathable housewrap... keeps the the tops of the pots from drying out so fast... I have a lot of fans blowing, lol!

And, no coco, just a reycled peat based mix.
So u just fill the bowl untill it hits the bottom of the pot or do u use something as a wick between water and medium?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

All the Appy crosses I've grown out have thrown nanners at one point or another... SSDD, Blueberry Hill, and Dream Beaver. Doesn't mean I won't try them all again, though, lol!

SSDD F2s under a new to me mover.View attachment 665880
I prefer the snow lotus crosses as often the sl isn't dominant in a cross so u often get a good representation of the mother which is often a clone only.

drewski85

drewski85

Hey Drewski, I am curious to how they yielded for you outdoors? What size of container did you have them in? Thanks
i had to cut them down early so I'm not sure. They did seem to lack on yield a little bit but the quality made up for it. I also only had them in a 10 gal pot. I would say the bigger, the better (especially if you veg them inside for a decent amount of time). Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

So u just fill the bowl untill it hits the bottom of the pot or do u use something as a wick between water and medium?
I do both... there's a micro fleece/fiber wick running about 1/2 way up the pot, and into the underliner, and the edges of the fabric pot suck up some water, too, when the rez is full. I don't care for the medium to dry out. I like to keep it moist so any micro-life can slide around and do their thing. I need all the help I can get, lol!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I do both... there's a micro fleece/fiber wick running about 1/2 way up the pot, and into the underliner, and the edges of the fabric pot suck up some water, too, when the rez is full. I don't care for the medium to dry out. I like to keep it moist so any micro-life can slide around and do their thing. I need all the help I can get, lol!
Were did u score the wicks from?
The wick method is a method that I always thought I'd like to give a try

Minitiger

Minitiger

I thought the Tree of Life's were no longer available? I stumbled onto some and picked up a pack.

Yeah, that was me who ran the ToL. You'll love them. Mine yielded pretty well, too, if I recall correctly. Had two females in three gallon smart pots in organic soil and ended up with a little over seven ounces. I bet if you grew them hydroponically, they'd be monsters.

Where'd you get those seeds? Midweeksong? I reeeealllyyyyy wanted to grab another pack of those. Until I started blazing the Mountain Temple I just harvested a few weeks ago, that is haha. Similar buzz type, but I like the flavors of the MT better than the ToL. Never been a big fan of that Jack "anise" flavor and the ToL's that I grew had that. The anise flavor was more pronounced in one of the phenos more than the other, but they both had it to varying degrees. The MT's have more of an almost Sour Diesel-y thing going on, which I love. The high on the MT is way more giggly, too, which I also love. Having said that, the ToL's that I grew were definitely stronger. I have to smoke more of the MT to get really baked, but the high lasts just as long as the better of the two ToL's I grew (three hours +). And I don't mind having to blaze a little more, just because the flavor of the MT is soooooo good. I've only tried one of the phenos I ran, still have two more getting a really good, long cure, but I really love the one MT that I've been sampling. Matter of fact, I just took some nug pics of the one MT about an hour ago so I could post a smoke report in my grow log. I'll post some pics of it here, too.

@below frigid Theres pics of my ToL here on this thread. Good luck finding them, though haha. I also have a grow log somewhere here at the farm, too, if you're curious. @Limonene has posted some pics of his ToL somewhere on this site, too. Might have been in my grow log, actually. If they weren't there, again, good luck finding them haha.

below frigid

below frigid

Yeah, that was me who ran the ToL. You'll love them. Mine yielded pretty well, too, if I recall correctly. Had two females in three gallon smart pots in organic soil and ended up with a little over seven ounces. I bet if you grew them hydroponically, they'd be monsters.

Where'd you get those seeds? Midweeksong? I reeeealllyyyyy wanted to grab another pack of those. Until I started blazing the Mountain Temple I just harvested a few weeks ago, that is haha. Similar buzz type, but I like the flavors of the MT better than the ToL. Never been a big fan of that Jack "anise" flavor and the ToL's that I grew had that. The anise flavor was more pronounced in one of the phenos more than the other, but they both had it to varying degrees. The MT's have more of an almost Sour Diesel-y thing going on, which I love. The high on the MT is way more giggly, too, which I also love. Having said that, the ToL's that I grew were definitely stronger. I have to smoke more of the MT to get really baked, but the high lasts just as long as the better of the two ToL's I grew (three hours +). And I don't mind having to blaze a little more, just because the flavor of the MT is soooooo good. I've only tried one of the phenos I ran, still have two more getting a really good, long cure, but I really love the one MT that I've been sampling. Matter of fact, I just took some nug pics of the one MT about an hour ago so I could post a smoke report in my grow log. I'll post some pics of it here, too.

@below frigid Theres pics of my ToL here on this thread. Good luck finding them, though haha. I also have a grow log somewhere here at the farm, too, if you're curious. @Limonene has posted some pics of his ToL somewhere on this site, too. Might have been in my grow log, actually. If they weren't there, again, good luck finding them haha.

Yeah it was your thread that sparked my interest. I was looking at MT too. This is for my outdoor. Thinking from your description the MT may be more to my liking as well. It was Midweek that had the TOL's. Thanks for the post.

stiffneck

stiffneck

100 % success with sprouting Bodhi seeds. Got three packs from Bodhi. Dream Beaver, Dank Sinatra and Snow Lotus x Gogi. Soaked then planted half of each pack. Really looking forward to seeing what these beans with bring forth. :)

Minitiger

Minitiger

Yeah it was your thread that sparked my interest. I was looking at MT too. This is for my outdoor. Thinking from your description the MT may be more to my liking as well. It was Midweek that had the TOL's. Thanks for the post.

Oh, shit, didn't realize that those beans were for an outdoor grow. You should get pretty monster yields from the ToL outdoors. The MT buds are a little less dense than the ToL, but I kinda like that. That's just me. I have weird preferences for the weed I smoke. I don't get all crazy-giddy when I get rock hard nugs. I like the looser, airier nugs that're still sticky-icky icky. Again, that's just me.

Anyway, post those pics come late October; definitely be a treat to see some outdoor Tree of Lifes.

Minitiger

Minitiger

100 % success with sprouting Bodhi seeds. Got three packs from Bodhi. Dream Beaver, Dank Sinatra and Snow Lotus x Gogi. Soaked then planted half of each pack. Really looking forward to seeing what these beans with bring forth. :)

Keep us posted. Especially on those Dream Beavers. That's one of the strains I keep going back and forth on when I consider what I'm gonna grow next.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Honestly, I think it's a matter of taste (literally, what flavors you like) and finishing-time. The ToL's will probably almost definitely give you that licorice flavor to some degree, whereas the Mountain Temples have a more sour-sweet/hashy flavor. And again, like I said, the MT has a super-obvious kinda "everything's hilarious" side to it that I really dig. Plus, they finished faster. My favorite ToL finished at around 70 or 72 days, which is the same amount of time as all three of my MT phenos finished. The other ToL got chopped after eleven weeks, but I think I should've let it go twelve weeks. Either way, the ToL is bomb; I'm just digging the MT a lot more right now. Probably because it's the newest shit I've grown. You know us humans: gotta have the latest and bestest haha. Having said that, the ToL will absolutely out-yield the MT. That's super-obvious.

But you won't be disappointed with those ToL's, high-wise. Glad my log piqued your curiosity. That's why I do it. Bodhi's got a lot of strains that nobody's really documented, that's why I typically grow the hybrids of his that've been documented very little, if at all. I'm the Bodhi martyr, so if I've helped even one person..... hahahaha!!!

Also just wanna say: it's so good being back at the farm. I know I say this after every harvest, when I take a break from the farm and growing and whatever all else and don't log in for a while and just have to take a break from "weed stuff." But I'm back now. I've just spent three weeks reading the New York Times and the Washington Post and all kinds of other shit about little donald trump (I refuse to capitalize his name) while I waited for my harvest to be acceptably cured. Now that it is, I'll be taking a break from the news (if that's what you wanna call it haha) and spending more time at the farm. I guess that's just me: I can't have both. It's either politics or weed. And I'm over politics. Back to weed haha!

Top Bottom