Bodhi Seeds Thread.

• Thread starter happy b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaledonianGrown

CaledonianGrown

I'm currently have 3 Bodhi girls in on Day 60 of flower. Going to harvest any day now.

They are...
Pic 1 - RASPBERRY HASHPLANT: Gogi OG (Raspberry Pheno) and the 88 G13 Hashplant
Pic 2 - TERPENADO: Strawberry Milk x Wookie
Pic 3 - BLACK LOTUS: '86 Black UW x Snow Lotus
I think I'll pull them tonight and leave them in the dark for 48 hours and then harvest.

Swampland.J701

Swampland.J701

I have a keeper of Space Monkey in clone form that was a very special lavender dominant pheno reeks of blueberries I have pollinated with several different males from various strains with great results! Right now in week 5, I have 4 Monkey Skunk Kush F1s that are off the Space Monkey mother! They have that sweet berry smell but are really dense and putting out the trichs! Thinking the #11 pheno will be something special by week 9 !Space Monkey and Strawberry Glue by Darkhorse are the only 2 GG4 strains allowed in my room too damn old to be on my knees looking for herms!!!!
20200429 172554
20200429 172840
20200429 173158

20200429 173039
shaganja

shaganja

Yeah, I wasn’t gonna say anything....
I dug his interview on the potcast. Everybody has enemie
I'm currently have 3 Bodhi girls in on Day 60 of flower. Going to harvest any day now.

They are...
I think I'll pull them tonight and leave them in the dark for 48 hours and then harvest.
Even the leaf is pretty!

Minitiger

Minitiger

They are...

Looks gorgeous. Thanks for posting some flower pics. There’s a distinct lack of actual growing pics on this thread lately haha.

I love that 88G13HP male Bodhi’s been using. Not a big fan of the Wookie male, though....

Minitiger

Minitiger

They are...

Man, that UDub cross in your pic is amazing. Yields look like they might be on the lighter side, though? Or is that just me?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

View attachment 965943

In the pot cast episode with Matt riot he talked openly about gauge green stealing jojo rizzos work and renaming it.

This sound like the male in Bodhis purple unicorn, blackberry widow, is from the same seed stock as ggg’s aloha grapes stomper to you guys?

I won’t support ggg based on Matt’s info, but this makes me more excited about the PU crosses as a lot of gauges grape lines do look nice in the pictures.
@Mr Bee What light is that? I use the Apache AT600, expensive as fuck ($3000 with shipping), but it’s a great light. Got about three years left before I need to replace it. I was thinking I’d just buy another one, but if you know about another LED that’s slightly less expensive, I’m all ears.
To be honest I don't really know anything atall about led or any of the jargon.I just bought what limo bought.lol. well I got the hlg 550 rspec (it took me ages to work out what rspec meant.lol.its pretty fucking obvious) I don't think limos was an rspec.just the 550.
It's suppose to be equal to a 1000w hps.i'v never used a 1000w hps as I prefer more light sources but the hlg is giving me bigger denser and frostier nugs.the plants look healthier too.you just have to make sure the tops of your plants are atleast 2 feet from the light.
The one I have cost just under £800. Which I think is about $1200 but don't quote me on that.i could be wrong.
$3000 for an led!!! Damn I would expect a light that goes for ever and feeds and trims the plants for that price.

Minitiger

Minitiger

To be honest I don't really know anything atall about led or any of the jargon.I just bought what limo bought.lol. well I got the hlg 550 rspec (it took me ages to work out what rspec meant.lol.its pretty fucking obvious) I don't think limos was an rspec.just the 550.
It's suppose to be equal to a 1000w hps.i'v never used a 1000w hps as I prefer more light sources but the hlg is giving me bigger denser and frostier nugs.the plants look healthier too.you just have to make sure the tops of your plants are atleast 2 feet from the light.
The one I have cost just under £800. Which I think is about $1200 but don't quote me on that.i could be wrong.
$3000 for an led!!! Damn I would expect a light that goes for ever and feeds and trims the plants for that price.

Forgive me for still not being able to figure out what “rspec” means. What is it? Something to do with spectrum? Or respect? Haha, can’t figure it out....

I did a shit-ton of research on LED’s before I bought mine and everything just kind of led me to the Apache. It’s the brand of light that Stanford uses in their greenhouse program, so I figured it must be pretty good. Tags420 had a side-by-side thread right here at the farm between the Apache and some other brand of light, he posted it like five years ago. The difference between the two lights was pretty noticeable. $3000 is a lot, though, for sure. Mine puts out 1100 watts or whatever, but only draws 750 watts. Doesn’t run too hot. I like it. Definitely never gonna use standard HID lighting. I figure I’m saving a lot of money not having to change bulbs once a year and running the AC constantly. I can keep my room cool enough by just opening a window and putting a fan in front of it in the winter time. In the summer time, I have to run the AC, but it’s so hot here in the summer that we run the AC anyway, whether I’m growing or not.

I’ll look into that hlg light, though. I’m thinking about expanding my grow, switching to no-till, gonna need to get at least one more light. If I can save $1800 dollars, I’m down.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, just checked out that hlg. Says it only draws 2.25 amps? Is that correct? Because that’s my biggest issue. The Apache draws 6.5 amps and I’m on a 15 amp circuit breaker, so adding another light is out of the question. If I could get two lights that only draw 4.5 amps total.... Shit..... I’ve been asking electricians how much it’d cost to replace the wiring in our house, how can we increase the power, higher amp circuit breakers..... All kinds of shit. And all of it would cost thousands and thousands of dollars, if it’s do-able at all.....

One thing I noticed is that the reviews for the hlg are kind of all over the place. Some people love them, some people despise them. Kinda makes me leery.... But they’re on sale for only $849. Which also makes me kind of leery. I’m a big believer in “You get what you pay for.” Still, I may have to buy a couple of them and see what’s up.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Okay, just checked out that hlg. Says it only draws 2.25 amps? Is that correct? Because that’s my biggest issue. The Apache draws 6.5 amps and I’m on a 15 amp circuit breaker, so adding another light is out of the question. If I could get two lights that only draw 4.5 amps total.... Shit..... I’ve been asking electricians how much it’d cost to replace the wiring in our house, how can we increase the power, higher amp circuit breakers..... All kinds of shit. And all of it would cost thousands and thousands of dollars, if it’s do-able at all.....

One thing I noticed is that the reviews for the hlg are kind of all over the place. Some people love them, some people despise them. Kinda makes me leery.... But they’re on sale for only $849. Which also makes me kind of leery. I’m a big believer in “You get what you pay for.” Still, I may have to buy a couple of them and see what’s up.
I am going to take a complete shot in the dark here and guess that "rspec" probably means "red spectrum" for flowering. I have been running the Timber Redwood VS for about 5 weeks in flower and I am pleased overall. It is the only LED that I have utilized for flowering though, so I don't have any experience with other LEDs to compare it to. It does run pretty fucking hot, but I believe that I was just under the impression that LEDs produced little to no heat, so my ignorant ass was a little surprised haha. It was right under $900 to my door. Timber is an incredibly easy company to deal with and it shipped faster than their lead time advertised. I haven't had any issues, but any questions that I have had, Dan has always been quick to reply with the necessary information. It is a really sleek build, in my opinion. Something to at least look into in your search. I hope whatever you purchase goes smoothly and suits your needs. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

I am going to take a complete shot in the dark here and guess that "rspec" probably means "red spectrum" for flowering. I have been running the Timber Redwood VS for about 5 weeks in flower and I am pleased overall. It is the only LED that I have utilized for flowering though, so I don't have any experience with other LEDs to compare it to. It does run pretty fucking hot, but I believe that I was just under the impression that LEDs produced little to no heat, so my ignorant ass was a little surprised haha. It was right under $900 to my door. Timber is an incredibly easy company to deal with and it shipped faster than their lead time advertised. I haven't had any issues, but any questions that I have had, Dan has always been quick to reply with the necessary information. It is a really sleek build, in my opinion. Something to at least look into in your search. I hope whatever you purchase goes smoothly and suits your needs. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Haha, yeah, after checking it out, it became very obvious that “rspec” meant “red spectrum.” Not sure if I dig that. Companies talking about “enhanced red spectrum” or whatever makes me think that they’re kowtowing to the weed grower crowd. I dunno..... My Apache has a lot of white light, I think the ratio is 2:1 red to white. And I really like the way my plants grow. I use it all the way through from seedlings to flower in the wintertime. During the summer, I veg them outside and then bring them in to flower. No issues at all. Plants grow really tight when I veg them under the Apache, though. Heat isn’t an issue at all. And I keep the light about a foot away from my plants, no problems at all. I move it further away as they start to stretch and shit, but that’s just to get more coverage and not necessarily because heat or anything is an issue.

I dunno..... Quarantine got me bored..... Spending way too much time on social media, thinking about buying new lights when I probably don’t need to, switching from my usual grow style to no-till (THAT I probably should be doing), calling the grow store every other day to be like,”You guys have those four bags of pumice in stock yet???” Haha! This sucks.....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Winter crop greenhouse Dragon Fruit. Heady high. View attachment 973159

How’s she smoke, @FresnoFarmer ? I’ve been on a bean-buying frenzy the last couple days, but I haven’t gotten any Bodhi beans (just bought ten packs of Rare Dankness beans, though). I noticed those Dragon Fruit beans for sale at, I think, James Bean. Or maybe Midweek Song. My issue with them is I’ve yet to grow a Snow Lotus cross where the yields weren’t on the lighter side. Dragon Fruit is SSH/SL, right?

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

How’s she smoke, @FresnoFarmer ? I’ve been on a bean-buying frenzy the last couple days, but I haven’t gotten any Bodhi beans (just bought ten packs of Rare Dankness beans, though). I noticed those Dragon Fruit beans for sale at, I think, James Bean. Or maybe Midweek Song. My issue with them is I’ve yet to grow a Snow Lotus cross where the yields weren’t on the lighter side. Dragon Fruit is SSH/SL, right?
Smokes well. Smooth and Fruity but not too fruity. Nice uppity head high. Not a great yielder, but still better than my snow temple. I wouldn’t buy the beans to be honest. These were gifted f2’s.

below frigid

below frigid

I know it's not available now but Jabba's stash was far from light! Outdoors ofcourse.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Smokes well. Smooth and Fruity but not too fruity. Nice uppity head high. Not a great yielder, but still better than my snow temple. I wouldn’t buy the beans to be honest. These were gifted f2’s.

Oh, I didn’t realize they were f2’s. Looks good, though. I just don’t know about that Snow Lotus male. Popped nine Gojis a couple three weeks ago, second time growing it. The first time, the yields were less than stellar, although the smoke was real fucking good. I think Goji and those Larry Lotuses are my only experience with the SL male. Gotta say, I wasn’t real happy with the yields of those LL’s this round, either. First time I grew out the LL, though, they yielded really well. I dunno. We’ll see how these Gojis turn out.....

Swampland.J701

Swampland.J701

I noticed your comment on the snow lotus strain! Happens to be the first strain I ever used from Bodhi that I didnt find a keeper in 2 packs ended up trashing all the ladies by week 6 far too leafy with small flowers on top of that! Had another farmer who uses hydro methods run thru 2 packs with same results culled everything! I guess when you are producing the number of strains he is every once in awhile a dud may slip thru the cracks! Bodhi is still one of my favorite new breeders got Lavender Aura, Mango Biche, and Space Monkey(7th time) the very next day just wouldn't recommend Snow Lotus to anyone! Have a blessed one!✌

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Oh, I didn’t realize they were f2’s. Looks good, though. I just don’t know about that Snow Lotus male. Popped nine Gojis a couple three weeks ago, second time growing it. The first time, the yields were less than stellar, although the smoke was real fucking good. I think Goji and those Larry Lotuses are my only experience with the SL male. Gotta say, I wasn’t real happy with the yields of those LL’s this round, either. First time I grew out the LL, though, they yielded really well. I dunno. We’ll see how these Gojis turn out.....
I have heard great things about the Goji OG. Are you taking cuttings these days? Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

I noticed your comment on the snow lotus strain! Happens to be the first strain I ever used from Bodhi that I didnt find a keeper in 2 packs ended up trashing all the ladies by week 6 far too leafy with small flowers on top of that! Had another farmer who uses hydro methods run thru 2 packs with same results culled everything! I guess when you are producing the number of strains he is every once in awhile a dud may slip thru the cracks! Bodhi is still one of my favorite new breeders got Lavender Aura, Mango Biche, and Space Monkey(7th time) the very next day just wouldn't recommend Snow Lotus to anyone! Have a blessed one!✌

Re: your hydro-growing friend, one thing I’ve always read is that seeds typically do best in the environment in which they were produced, e.g. if they were bred in a hydro setup, they’ll do best growing in a hydro setup, bred in soil, they’ll do best in soil etc etc. I know Bodhi grows/breeds in soil, so that could’ve had a little something to do with your friend’s experience. Just a thought....

shaganja

shaganja

Re: your hydro-growing friend, one thing I’ve always read is that seeds typically do best in the environment in which they were produced, e.g. if they were bred in a hydro setup, they’ll do best growing in a hydro setup, bred in soil, they’ll do best in soil etc etc. I know Bodhi grows/breeds in soil, so that could’ve had a little something to do with your friend’s experience. Just a thought....
Even further, some say outdoor grown cannabis has biological understanding that indoor does not. If you have an indoor strain that lags at all, put it outside for three runs, and will regain that biology again, and become a better plant.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I have heard great things about the Goji OG. Are you taking cuttings these days? Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Yeah, I’ve grown Goji before, got two females that were VERY different from one another. One didn’t stretch at all, had really thin Sativa-ish leaves and yielded a lot of little buds. Smelled exactly like actual goji berries, too. The other stretched a pretty decent amount, had much wider, fatter leaves and produced bigger, chunkier flowers that looked nothing like the other pheno’s. Smelled kinda cheesy. So I dunno. I really just wanted to get into some of my old seed stock so I could feel better about getting into some of the newer shit next round. I planted the last six seeds of my Goldstar f4’s from waaayyyyyy back, too, but only one sprouted and it was just the cotyledons. No leafs. Didn’t grow at all. Trashed it, obviously.

I might take cuttings this round, just to finally start getting into the practice, although I don’t anticipate keeping the Goji around. I also started seven Time Bandits (WiFi 43 x GHash) and that’s something that I think I may wanna keep around, so I’ll probably take cuttings of those, if nothing else. This flu shit sucks, though. I need to get some rooting plugs and I’m real sick of paying an arm and a leg on shipping for everything. I had to get a fifty pound bag of rock dust about a month ago. Cost $20. Shipping cost $60. And I can’t find 6’ bamboo stakes anywhere except fucking Amazon, where it costs $75 for a pack of 25. It’s insane. I keep forgetting shit I need, too, so I have to do multiple orders haha.

In other words, yeah, I’m gonna start taking cuttings this round haha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom