Bodhi Tree Of Life, Larry Lotus And Sunshine Daydream

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Just weighed the "SSDD" I chopped last week: 91 g's off a plant that got chopped about a week too early, grown in three gallon smart pots. Sooooooo, a little more than an ounce a gallon. Forgive me for patting myself on the back, but, uhhhh, I'm patting myself on the motherfucking back haha. Been sampling it here and there and it smokes a lot like every description I've ever read of SSDD: warm snugly blanket that eventually knocks you out. Mine has a pretty long-lasting Sativa start, takes about an hour before I start to crash, but I attribute that to the fact that I harvested it early, on account of all the branches that were snapping and shit. Still, can't believe I got over three ounces. Filled up four pint mason jars.

Chopped the Larry#5 last night. I was gonna chop the other Larry Lotus last night, too, but I sliced the shit out of my hand while I was sawing down the first one, blood everywhere haha, so I'm gonna wait until tomorrow night to chop the other one. Plus, I kinda wanted to let one go longer than the other, just outta curiosity. So the fact that I almost cut off my pinky was probably fate. Or somethin' haha!!!!

The ToL's got at least ten days to go, but they smell sooooooooo fucking good. EXACTLY what I was hoping for: spicy, fruity, mango, hash-y, just all over the place. The whole "cannabis spectrum," basically, haha. But they're still spitting white pistils, so I'm gonna wait.

I'll post dried bud shots and a proper smoke report on the SSDD after about another week or so of curing, but thus far, I'm fucking impressed. Also gotta say, I gave some of the ToL that snapped off a couple weeks ago to another head a few days ago (who blazes waaaayyyyyy more than I do) and he fucking loves it. I do, too. Can't wait to see what the actual finished plant smokes like. I've pretty much only been blazing that early ToL for the last week or so, with the exception of late night, when I get into the SSDD. And I have about thirty different bomb-ass strains at home right now, but all I wanna do is smoke my shit. It's turning out real good.

Motherfucking Bodhi..... And it's ALL Bodhi, cuz I don't know what the fuck I'm doing haha!!

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Larry Lotus #5. Chopped this one two nights ago. Shitty pics, I know, but I figured I'd just post most of the ones I took, regardless.

IMG 2583

IMG 2571

IMG 2573

IMG 2577

IMG 2578
IMG 2579

IMG 2581

Bodhi kinda killed it with this one. Smoked some nugs that snapped off a week or two ago, bomb as fuck. A little heavier than I expected, but that could have something to do with the lack of a proper dry and cure. Either way, I chopped this one two nights ago and fucking REEKED of weed when I got in bed. I could smell it all over myself. Cant wait to check it out after a proper dry and cure.

IMG 2580
Minitiger

Minitiger

Larry Lotus #3. Chopped this one tonight. Tis one was flopping all over the place. This pic was taken after I cut all the ties and removed the stakes.

IMG 2583

IMG 2585

IMG 2586

IMG 2587

IMG 2588

IMG 2589

Look how badly this shit was flopping, though. Really glad I finally chopped it. Mighta let it even go a few days too long, but whatever. Still, flopping, flopping, flopping. Dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing....

IMG 2590
IMG 2593
IMG 2592
IMG 2594

So that's that. Gonna let it dry for as long as possible. Ideally ten to 14 days, then I'm gonna cure it for at least two weeks, but probably three or four. Whatever. Proper smoke report, final yields and all that other shit will be forthcoming. Smells bombs as fuck, though. Straight up floral total "Larry Smell" for sure.

Gonna chop the ToL's asap, but they both look like they got a while to go. I know I've said that a billion times already, but I just took a good look at them tonight and one of them for sure is just still throwing white pistils. One of them might be done in five days or so, but one of them has got a ways to go yet. Not complaining at all. In fact, I really wanted to find a long-flowering Sativa ToL pheno. Soon..... We'll see.

Minitiger

Minitiger

@GreasyEasy in the house! Thanks for "liking" my pics. What you think? Any opinions? It's weird, cuz when I'm watering and chopping and shit, I don't see all those dried up brown-ass leaves. But then I look at the pics I took and I'm like,"Damn.... Didn't really notice all those nasty dried-up leaves...." haha!!!

Ecompost

Ecompost

@GreasyEasy in the house! Thanks for "liking" my pics. What you think? Any opinions? It's weird, cuz when I'm watering and chopping and shit, I don't see all those dried up brown-ass leaves. But then I look at the pics I took and I'm like,"Damn.... Didn't really notice all those nasty dried-up leaves...." haha!!!
its all good mate, shabby plants at the end are a given for most people. lots of people like to pretend they dont get yellow leaves, or brown bits, but this is just BS, they just photo with thought. Nature will always decay itself once the ripening process begins, the plant will die over time. We could slow, or delay this with gene insertion, but we would never get ripe crops then, and anyone paying for energy would see how mad this is. Good job buddy :-)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Lookin good Mt.

Minitiger

Minitiger

its all good mate, shabby plants at the end are a given for most people. lots of people like to pretend they dont get yellow leaves, or brown bits, but this is just BS, they just photo with thought. Nature will always decay itself once the ripening process begins, the plant will die over time. We could slow, or delay this with gene insertion, but we would never get ripe crops then, and anyone paying for energy would see how mad this is. Good job buddy :)

Word. I'm definitely not stressing, but I do think it's weird how I don't notice too much the dead and dying leaves. Granted, the light in the room my tent is in is kind of low. I take all of my plants out of the tent and water by hand, so that's really the only time I get a good look at them. I pull off the brown leaves that I see while I'm watering, but I kind of actually use the pics I take as the, uh, barometer or whatever of when I should pull. I don't know if that makes sense, but yeah, when I'm dealing with the plants, watering and shit, I just wanna get in and out as quickly as possible. Then I look at the pics I've taken.

Anyway..... Yeah. Whatever haha.

Just outta curiosity, how long did your Tree of Life take? I think I'm coming up on around day 70. One of them looks about done, probably gonna chop it tomorrow, but one of them looks like it's got about seven days left to go. So almost eleven weeks. Does that sound about right to you?

Limonene

Limonene

haven't seen welsh around here for ages! Ive been offered a tree of life cut @Minitiger what do u think should i get it? I don't want anything thats over 10 weeks ideally

Minitiger

Minitiger

haven't seen welsh around here for ages! Ive been offered a tree of life cut @Minitiger what do u think should i get it? I don't want anything thats over 10 weeks ideally

Oh, word? I was wondering why welsh wasn't responding to my tags, just cuz he seemed so interested in that "Survivor Pheno." Too bad, I like that dude. Hopefully he'll rear his head up again at some point.

I say get on that ToL cut if you can. Obviously you can ask whoever's offering you the cut if it takes over ten weeks. And you obviously know it depends on pheno selection. I chopped one of mine a few days ago, I think exactly on day 70. Have to take a look at my notes to be certain, but I think it was right at day 70, maybe day 71. I'm gonna chop my other one tonight or tomorrow night, depends on my mood. I got fired from my job yesterday (best thing that ever coulda happened to me), so I'm just basking in the glow of never having to go to fucking Beverly Hills again right now (read: getting fucked up and listening to music loud as shit at 945 in the morning haha). Don't know if I'm gonna feel like chopping tonight. Plus, I gotta trim some shit tonight, so I'll probably wait til tomorrow.

I will say this: I dried and cured some of those branches off my ToL's that snapped off a few weeks ago and it is fucking BOMB. For real, it's pretty much all I've been smoking. And all I've wanted to smoke. Even the "early nugs" are fucking rock-hard. Very dense. Very, very stony, no burnout at all, super-smiley good shit. I can't wait to try the actual finished flowers. Looks like they're gonna yield really well, too. I gave some to a buddy of mine who blazes waaaayyyy more than I do and he fucking loves it.

Soooooo..... Yeah. I say,"Get it!" haha.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Hello there brother. What a great grow, can't believe I wasn't around more for this, your best one I've seen yet. What a beautiful red fade on the one lady. Nice pics. Your a lucky feller, enjoy those fruits.

I've been peeking in here and there but just been trying to spend time outside for the summer. Been fishing a lot. And the site wasn't showing me anyone's updates again, so I just faded away there for a sec haha. Got lots to show. Hope your summer is going great. Congrats? On getting fired? I guess.... Hahaha on the job hunt huh? Good luck!

See ya around bud

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hello there brother. What a great grow, can't believe I wasn't around more for this, your best one I've seen yet. What a beautiful red fade on the one lady. Nice pics. Your a lucky feller, enjoy those fruits.

I've been peeking in here and there but just been trying to spend time outside for the summer. Been fishing a lot. And the site wasn't showing me anyone's updates again, so I just faded away there for a sec haha. Got lots to show. Hope your summer is going great. Congrats? On getting fired? I guess.... Hahaha on the job hunt huh? Good luck!

See ya around bud

Yeah, no need to question if congratulations are in order. Congrats are definitely appropriate haha. I was over that place. Just gonna take it easy for a few weeks and figure out exactly what I'm gonna do next. I'm not seeing the restaurant business in my future, but, you know, maybe..... After I kick it for a few weeks, I'll be mentally prepared to deal with restaurant managers again.

It's a special breed of Dickhead who cab manage a restaurant haha. And they are ALL the same, no matter where one works. No offense to anybody here who might be a restaurant manager hahaha!!!

Fishing sounds good, btw. Haven't been fishing since I lived in Florida like 20-plus years ago, but maybe I'll go do some of that in the next few weeks. Right now I just kind of wanna disappear.

Anyway....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Here's what I got from the Larry Lotus #5. This one has denser nugs and much less larf than the LL#3, despite the fact that it was harvested a few days earlier.

IMG 2618

Couple of nugs pre-cure:

IMG 2619

IMG 2620

IMG 2621

So that's that. Hope y'all dig them pics.

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Totally forgot to post these pics. Tree of Life #4. Chopped this one yesterday, after having let it sit in the dark for 24 hours, just outta curiosity (and laziness). Letting it dry right now, probably trim and jar in 7 days or so. Maybe less, maybe more. I don't fucking know hahaha!!!!

IMG 2622

IMG 2623

IMG 2624

IMG 2625

IMG 2626

IMG 2627

IMG 2628

This is the best "full plant shot" I could get, on account of the lightning and all. Hopefully y'all get a decent idea. This particular pheno took a while, think I chopped it around day 77 or so and coulda let it go a while longer (hard to see the white pistils in these photos, but they're there). I'm not mad. I was definitely hoping to find a longer-flowering Sativa-dominant pheno out of these and it looks like I did. Hopefully there'll be less larf than the other ToL I trimmed yesterday. We'll see.....

IMG 2630

So that's everything. Gonna go pick up my last paycheck tonight, scrub down the room tomorrow and let it rest for a day or two, then get started right back up.

Here's the seeds I have that I'm most interested in. If anybody has an opinion about which strain to grow next, feel free to chime in. I'm pretty interested in the Dreambeavers, but I'd love to hear any opinions about anybody's personal experiences with any of these seeds. I also have a few freebie packs that I'm interested in, but I can't recall offhand what they are, except for a pack of Tangerine Kush that sounds good. Also a pack of Skunk #1 freebies that I'm not afraid to pop haha. But I kind of wanna pop some more Bodhi. Anyway, the list:

Dream Beaver
Mountain Temple
More of the "SSDD"
More of the Lotus Larry
More of the Tree of Life
More of the Clusterfunk that I ran last time but never got to sample
Two packs of Goji
Super Snow Lotus
The Fuzz
More of the Prayer Towers (which yielded really, really well last run)
More of the Apollo 11 f4's
More of the Goldstar f4's (which also yielded really well last run)

Those are the Bodhi strains. Also have a pack of El Jefe Thai from KOS (Durban Thai Highflier f2 x SOG's Bubble n Squeak) that I'm super-interested in running, but I think I'm gonna wait on those. I have more packs from other breeders, but those are the ones off of the top of my head that I'm interested in.

And then, of course, all the freebies I have. Like I said, the only ones that I'd consider running right now are those Tangerine Kushes (which I believe are Tangerine Haze crossed with some sort of OG) and the Skunk #1 freebies that I have no idea who the breeder is.

Next run, which will be commencing in the next few days, I really wanna go with just two strains. I wanna find my keepers from those two (IF I find a keeper) and then move on to other strains. I may even just do one strain and figure it out. Or as much as I'll ever figure anything out, anyway haha! But yeah, now that I'm jobless and shit, I just wanna focus focus focus and really get shit dialed in.

Anyway....

Minitiger

Minitiger

IMG 2639
Might as well give a smoke report.
IMG 2638

This is the SSDD after about a three or four week cure. Maybe a little more than 2 weeks, I don't fucking know haha! Pictures aint the greatest, but whatever. I'm just gonna dump a bunch of them and then make some observations. I really, really like this herb for bedtime. I can usually only sleep about four or five hours a night, at the most, but this strain reeeeeaallllyyyyyy gives me a great night's sleep. Seven or eight hours easy.

IMG 2638

The pictures don't really do this justice. This pheno turned out really, really well. Extremely sticky and almost "Road Kill Skunk"-type nose. The inhale is very similiar to breaking it up and shit, skunky in the best way possible, but the exhale's where it's at. Unbelievably complex, very "exotic spice, men's aftershave/cologne/straight up visions of the Middle East (even though I've never been there haha)"-type thing going on. Hints of skunk. Really delicious. Essentially, the exhale is very, ummm..... Unique, I guess. That's the only word that cones to mind when I blaze this one.

Effects-wise, I have to admit that I chopped this one about a week too early. Despite the fact that I did that (chopped it at 8 weeks, but I really think nine weeks would've been ideal), it still turned out relatively narcotic. Which is fine with me, to be honest. That's what I was hoping for with this strain. Due to the fact that I chopped it a little early, it starts out pretty Sativa-esque for around 45 minutes. Kind of racy, to the the point where I'm not sure I dig it for a minute haha, but then, like, all of a sudden, I have to eat some food and then crash out.

I really like this strain. I know there was some speculation that it might not be real SSDD, but I think it is. Structurally, the plant fucking sucked. I really can't put it any other way. Branches just snapping and flopping all over the place, which is the reason why I chopped at 8 weeks. It was just flopping fucking everywhere, no matter how much I tied and staked (and I tied and staked a LOT HAHA). Still, this is bomb weed. I think that anybody who has sleep or anxiety issues (I have both haha) would really benefit from this strain. Really, really good all-around "late night strain," I guess. For me, anyways.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Larry Lotus #3. I'm not familiar with straight Snow Lotus, but I'm extremely familiar with Larry OG haha. I have to believe that both of the Larry Lotuses, #3 and #5 lean very "Snow Lotus" Cuz it doesn't make me think or feel like straight Larry OG at all. Kind of disappointing, just cuz I was hoping for a more Larry-leaning strain. Having said that. this shit is STRONG. Like, really, really fucking strong. Waaaaayyyyy more heavy than I was anticipating, extremely narcotic. Full-on like I'll take a couple hits, eat a sandwich and then crash for like three or five hours and when I wake up, I seriously feel like I've been asleep for eighteen hours. Literally, I'll wake up and ask my girl, like,"What day is it?" haha!!!! I'm not kidding. I kind of dig it, but at the same, I kind of don't dig it at all, if that makes any sense.

Maybe I just need to get used to it....

Anyway.... LL#3Crappy pics, but whatever.
IMG 2644
IMG 2645

I won't lie, I got really lazy trimming this one haha.

Larry Lotus #5. This one yielded way better than number 3. Denser nugs, even though I chopped this one 4 or 5 days before #3. For some strange reason, after about a 2 or 3 week cure, both of the LL's have developed a sort of cheesy smell. Not what I expect from Larry, but whatever. It's still good weed and, like I said, very, very strong. Like, reeeeaaalllllyyyyyy strong haha. Anyway, LL#5:

IMG 2653
IMG 2654
IMG 2660
IMG 2661

Minitiger

Minitiger

So those came out pretty good, although I was hoping for less of an Indica affect from them. Having said that, the Tree of Lifes are turning out to be some of the best weed I've ever smoked. Like, literally top-ten strain I've ever blazed. I've been blazing one jar, but I got like fifteen other jars sitting in the dark, curing. I wanna give them a good long cure, like at least a month, but I've been getting into this one jar pretty nonstop. Proper smoke report once I feel like they've cured long enough, but even the three week cured shit is really fucking good.

Started a little Goji/Mountain Temple grow a few days ago. 8 Goiis and 6 Mountain Temples. The Mountain Temples are already looking pretty vigourous, put them in dirt on Monday and they've all already broken ground. We'll see about the Gojis. I dunno if it's the summertime heat or what, but I really don't care right now haha. If the Goji's sprout. they do. If they don't, fucking whatever haha. Anyway, I'll start a new log on those once they actually grow. Tree of Life smoke report will be posted here after a couple more week's cure, like I just said haha. Gotta say, though, that the jar I've been blazing really is some of the best weed I've ever smoked.

Last edited:
hiiipower

hiiipower

Bout time!

Great lookin dank. Got me really curious about SSDD, never really stood out to me, but you make it sounds pretty good and I know you have grown nearly endless amounts of Bodhi. I'm doin my first Bodhi run right now now brotha, the Jamaican x Snow Lotus. Get your butt over there and check it out!

Hope the dust has settled since a few weeks ago. Love your threads man, you always give us a great look at awesome genetics

Latest posts

Top Bottom