Bog Bubble / Cree 3590 : First Grow From A Decade Absense.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Hey Six! What kind of ppm’s are you hitting in veg and flower with jacks (assuming classic 20-20-20)? I know you said a little bit stronger under LEDs.. I’m just curious how much stronger you’re hitting them.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Transplanted them last night before the light went out. I probably could have transplanted them a few days earlier as the bottoms of the cups were pretty much filled with roots. They looked a little sad before they went to bed but were bright eyed when the morning lights came on.. One of the seedlings has been kinda runty since day one but i'll let it grow out and see if it's male or female. I flowered a runt once and the smoke nearly knocked me on my ass. I wouldnt keep it as a mother but i'd certainly smoke her! =P

Image1 95541 PM
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Here we are almost at week 3 and it's as exciting as watching water boil. Plants are doing really well. I havent had to use any fertilizer yet as the FFOF soil is still giving them what they need. I'm probably still a few weeks away before i can sex them and still quite a bit away before i can take clones. Decided to check runoff because i'm bored and it's ph is right at 6.4. Patience is a virtue or some shit like that...

Image1
jguit

jguit

Supporter
So.. we’re at about 4 weeks from seed and things are looking pretty good. I’ve been feeding them 1/4 tsp per gallon of jack’s 20-20-20 and they seem to be doing well with it. I do see what looks to be the beginning of a mg defiency (some brown spots on the 3 blade leaves) which I’m assuming has to do with using RO water mixed with about 20% tap. My tap only has about 30 ppm of mg straight up so cut that with RO and we’re looking at barely any mg! I’ll try to supplement it with a pinch of Epsom salt per gallon of water every few waterings along with regular ferts and see if it gets it under control. I don’t see a pinch of Epsom salt hurting anything. I’m sure there’s a ‘more calmag’ joke in there somewhere..

AAD9A332 E972 46F4 8A07 055F900F6D19
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Yea, definitely pretty safe stuff. Used it a few times in the past without any issues. I also have a bag of calcium nitrate if needed but figured I’m not going to complicate things and see how they respond to just the Epsom. I’d rather not add too many variables.

Are you supplimenting your RO with any ca or mg with pro mix?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Almost at the 5 week mark. Things are still looking good. The pinch Epsom salt w/ my fertilizer seems to have taken care of the Mg defiency i was seeing on the lower leaves. I think i'm starting to see preflowers on a few of them when using a x60 loupe but still entirely too soon to sex them.

IMG 4531
Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
My original plan was to have x9 3 gallon fabric pots in my 3x3 tent but on second thought, it'll be wayyyy to crowded in there. I think i'll do either x4 5 gallon fabric pots or x4 regular 5 gallon containers and LST them. Any advice? Pros/Cons of fabric pots vs regular container? I've read that humidity can be a issue with the fabric pots but i have no experience with them personally.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
This Monday will be the six week mark from seed. Thankfully, two females revealed themselves this past Monday at week five. I pruned their roots and transplanted them into 1 gallon pots. I also topped them mod week to promote some side branching so that i can take clones from them. The others are being stubborn about revealing their sex. There's a couple i'm 90% sure are female but still no hairs. The others that i'm assuming are male are being tough to sex. It's not obvious (at least not to me) that they are male as there's no visible pollen sacks or stems on the bottom of the preflowers. They're still lay tight in the crotch of the nodes and almost look like vegetative growth. I'm my heart, i'm pretty sure they're males but..... I'll give them a little more time. I wish i could get good close up shots of them.

Image1
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Hey guys! Sorry been MIA for a while as things have been hectic with life. Anyway, here's a bit of an update.. Out of 9 seeds, only 2 wound up being female.. I took quite a few clones from the females for mothers and for the next grow (I'm going to start a new thread with a few questions, as i'm having a bit of a learning curve with using Pro Mix).

In any case, I decided to flower out the 2 females in soil and things are going great.. I switched them to 12/12 a week ago. Here's a pic from a week ago without any flowers showing. I'll take another pic tomorrow to show the progress as they are begining to show obvious flowers. I can't takr a pic right now because it's lights out time! =P

Image2
Toaster79

Toaster79

Pull those bigger/stronger branches aside to fill out empty space and have them on the same level as those lower ones. If they get too long, top them, supercrop those smaller branches if they get too stretchy, fill the space out and build an even canopy.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
The best I could do was tie some of the bigger branches back a bit. My plan wasnt to flower these 2 but rather keep them as mothers. Long story short, life got hectic with work and I didn’t have much time to dedicate to the garden and neglected these 2 and they got a bit unwieldy in no time. Since I took a bunch of clones from these, i decided to go ahead and just flower them out. Since they’re a week into 12/12 I can’t really do much except tie some of the bigger branches down. The canopy is what it is. Since it’s only for myself, I’ll be happy with whatever these produce and will train the shit out of he clones currently in veg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom