Bogus Monkey's Puzzle Basement and Ramblings

• Thread starter Bogus_Monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Roots Looking ok?
Kinda short root mass for 5th day of flower. If the spray you got works watch the roots close to see new growth. You should have a massive rootball in there. Am i right? Im really new but im in hydro too. I noticed my roots receding. Not good. Only till the very end before you chop them could they maybe look like that. Do you have airstones or the water circulating good in the root zone giving them oxygen?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Wedding cake is first. The root is solid as a rock, I thought it was just twisted strands wrapped around each other.- - Picture of whole reservoir. - Cinderella 99 - - and GG4. - - 14 days of 12/12. By the end of this week smell will become an issue. Again, I am seeing this to the end and I also can't wait to tear this down and fix a few things. Shooting pictures with a phone with a led cover for glasses over it.
Nevermind my comment. They already look better. I didn't make it this far in the thread.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Kinda short root mass for 5th day of flower. If the spray you got works watch the roots close to see new growth. You should have a massive rootball in there. Am i right? Im really new but im in hydro too. I noticed my roots receding. Not good. Only till the very end before you chop them could they maybe look like that. Do you have airstones or the water circulating good in the root zone giving them oxygen?
Both - Stones and recirculating ...

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I will check if the lower part of the root is slimy and turn my wall unit up a few degrees. I am headed to the hydro store tomorrow and will inquire about hydroguard. The only microbes would have been in the kit from emerald harvest, I will find out and also keep my ppm down. I filled the reservoir since the last post about 6 inches straight water and it lowered my ppm back down to 1100. Made sure PH stayed at 5.8. - I will research lux and get that answer. Thanks for your help.
You should also be raising your ppms daily not lowering them. Your missing out on alot of growth. I'd cut your ppms down to 600, and turn ur light up about 10%. You need some light green in your plants if your trying to push, which is what hydro is for.

pawhuska

pawhuska

I'm going to assume your high air ration in the res, creating lots of bubbles under the suspended perfect white root mass? If so my Dwc did the same, perfect white above water level. Yet for you it seems as if any root mass that's under water gets brown. You didn't mention if the roots were slimy or not, I'm talking the darker color section. For me, even a Sq inch of root rot caused noticeable problems. What microbes are you using since your not sterile with chiller?

Step one control root rot with microbes, hydroguard to be specific, double dose until they are not slimey.

Step one also, lower ppms drastically. Your plants are not light green really they look heavy with nitrogen to me,very dark green. That combined with the root rot would cause other leaves to be brown and dying from lack of nutrients.

So root rot and lower your ppms. You won't have any issues, not one, if your ppm slowly drops over a few days. You would much rather have it lower 200 points VS raise 200. Slower growth VS problems is all it is. The happy medium will only come with a very larger res side.

Id also raise the water level a bit so the plants do not rely on the fog.

Ideal photosynthesis takes place at 76f btw, I'd also turn my room temp up.

Whats your lux reading, you can push them once you get these issues lined out.. I'm off to bed now.. Laters
peroxide

pawhuska

pawhuska

im wondering why folks dont use a full spectrum light ...full spectrum ..red`s whites and blues all together ...or am i mistaken?

JustGrowWithIt

JustGrowWithIt

im wondering why folks dont use a full spectrum light ...full spectrum ..red`s whites and blues all together ...or am i mistaken?
The higher end FS LEDs show promising color charts. I have no personal experience with them but I think dedicated 730 nm red light bars and T5 UVB lights as being a really good route to go. You get really good control too by being able to set them up on dedicated timers. More so for your reds as I don't do full light cycles with them.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I reset everything and switched some lighting positions, (same lights), moved my HVAC, cleaned big time, took 2 days and readjusted light timing along with watering schedule. I'm either going to end up with an overstressed mess or I am going to be able to plug and play as soon as harvest is done. We will see. Pictures in a day or 2. The GG4 is slightly zombie-ing, hopefully I can catch a good view of the bud structure for you all. I also seem to slowly be solving my "No Smell" problem.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

The higher end FS LEDs show promising color charts. I have no personal experience with them but I think dedicated 730 nm red light bars and T5 UVB lights as being a really good route to go. You get really good control too by being able to set them up on dedicated timers. More so for your reds as I don't do full light cycles with them.
I have 640w leds. Full spectrum. But leds still don't really give off the 380 spectrum that they need and also the high end of the spectrum. Supplementing with the t5 uv is perfect. I know that there are some lights made by rayonled that give the full spectrum. And they are listed as medical plant growing lights.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Patience is virtue. 6 weeks in. I am thinking probably 6 more to go. I am questioning if LED's are actually slower or even worth the money. Maybe the ones I have are just as slow as fluorescents. Also, I am coming up with an observation that the plants are drinking more water than nutrients. I mix my reservoir and try and stay around 1400 to 1600 PPM and within days my solution becomes stronger (PPM's end up maxing out the blue stick) as the overall level of total solution in the system drops. I qualified and received my medical cannabis card so I am basically legal to grow up to 5 plants. Yeaaa, because I only have 3. Wedding cake had a huge giant stretch (Barney's Farm). Too big for a small grower in my opinion. Internodes way too far apart. It is skunky. I guess I'll judge it by the quality. The GG4 has a very unique bud structure, almost a zombie like but not quite. It actually smells like some sort of glue to me. very sweet, and some days piney. And the Cinderella 99 is doing quite well. It is extremely sticky to the touch. My smell problem or lack there of, comes and goes. Some days strong and some days not so much. I see that smell is suppose to ramp up in the final weeks. Great learning experience and brush up on old ways. If I ever grow 3 at once again, they will be all the same strain.

Aug12a
Aug12b
Aug12c
Aug12d
Aug12e
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Yesterday, I went in and GG4 was dying out. Wilted and generally mushy around the bottom. I immediately took it out so whatever did not infest the other 2. Went through each branch and inspected everything and thinned out some branches. The buds on this pheno were basically all foxtails. It was very much the runt of the bunch and I was glad to have the added room for the hopeful big finish with the Cindy and WedCake.

DeadGG4a
DeadGG4b
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

And of course with-in 24 hours this was at the top of the WedCake. (Cut immediately and got it out of the grow room) Not sure if I should just go ahead and trash everything and fumigate etc. and start over from scratch. This sucks. I will post pictures of everything tomorrow and see what everyone's advice is here. I hate to start over. I was wanting at least a little bit and was planning on tearing everythig down and making changes before the next restart. Let me get some more picts up before everyone starts yelling chop it all down..

Nasty
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
And of course with-in 24 hours this was at the top of the WedCake. (Cut immediately and got it out of the grow room) Not sure if I should just go ahead and trash everything and fumigate etc. and start over from scratch. This sucks. I will post pictures of everything tomorrow and se what advice is here. I hate to start over. I was wanting at least a little bit and was planning on tearing everythig down and making changes before the next restart. Let me get some more picts up before everyone starts yelling chop at all down..
wish i could help but i think your growing in hydroponics right?

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Yes. I went in during dark cycle with camera flash for the pictures. I may edit some of these.

Aug15f
Aug15e
Aug15d
Aug15c
Aug15b
Aug15a
Last edited:
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Mrs. Bogus_Monkey says cut them all down right now. Fumigate, spray and then fix and move everything like and where I want it to be and then start over. What is the consensus here? What does everybody say? Should I finish this run to try and salvage something small? or just pull and trash everything and start over after repairs and bug remediation?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Mrs. Bogus_Monkey says cut them all down right now. Fumigate, spray and then fix and move everything like and where I want it to be and then start over. What is the consensus here? What does everybody say? Should I finish this run to try and salvage something small? or just pull and trash everything and start over after repairs and bug remediation?
let’s decide tomorrow

Top Bottom