Bogus Monkey's Puzzle Basement and Ramblings

• Thread starter Bogus_Monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Lights are back on. I snap pictures with my phone and an LED type of sunglasses covering over it. I will post new pictures in a few. Hopefully whatever is causing this is over... Fresh pictures in a few..

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I really want to harvest something... But... - This is what the Cinderella 99 is looking like. These were taking with LED's off and service light on. I believe several with flash.

Aug16a
Aug16b
Aug16c
Aug16g
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

This is a leaf with more exo-skeletons and the black things which probably came from them which are now starting to buzz around the grow room. Bad Bad Bad..

Aug16m
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Take them out or finish and salvage what I can? My plan was to submerge them with a water cure just so I had something to smoke from my efforts and revamp and re-do a few things in the room before I start over. I know now that a fumigation and spray for bugs will be in order either way. The main reason I didn't use dirt is because I had a problem with bugs last time and figured hydro would be so much cleaner. Wow.. Grrrrrr.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I been doing a lot of research. I think at this point I'm going to cut them early. Probably in the next couple of days to a week. Clean, disinfect, spray for bugs, fumigate and move everything so that it is where I need it to be. Finish the drywall and paint. At least today, there are several buds that I am sure are psychoactive. I did end up getting my medical card so now I will be legal. (5 plants or less). My space is about 4 foot by 7 foot and 8 and a half foot high. Not sure what that comes out to in meters for the people across the pond. It's to bad, the Cinderella is actually from seed that is several years old. I had extremely high hopes for it. I know it is strange but the Cindy was actually a bit unsettling the last time I ran it. Kind of caused slight panic attacks. I know it's weird to want that effect but to each their own. Basically something someone who is really old school would appreciate. In fact, I am not sure I have 3 seeds of anything that is the same. One hard early lesson learned with this run, (Grow all the same type of pheno with this type of set up). I started too soon. The place my grow room is in was built only about a year ago. The bugs were a big surprise for sure. I plan on getting 2 ceramic lights or just go ahead with old school MH/HPS and use the vipraspecters for side lighting. I will end up ditching the amazon knock offs. (2 free lights claiming to put out 1500). There are a lot of small things I want to re-do. Getting rid of the bugs permanently is a big worry. Debating if I should throw my hydro pellets / hydroton away and start with fresh for it too. Boil it? Heat it in an oven? I know years ago people used to do that with soil. I even thought about cutting some buds and putting them back on 24 hours so I could get some clones from the 99. For the most part I consider everything a half failure not total. I ran hydro several years back for a couple of years straight out of an old shabby shed and never had any bugs. I will get a few more pictures up, even get a couple with the microscope of them cooties for the benefit of advancing what we are all trying to do here. Colder temps will be here before you know it. There is another thing, what do I need to do with my window unit (A/C) as it pertains to the bugs? Now I'm rambling. Advice and comments are welcome.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

The Wedding Cake is from Barney's Farm it is the smaller tighter buds and the bigger fluffy ones are the Cinderella 99. If you look close you can see a few exo skeletons on the bud leaves. Most of the damaged and bad buggy areas are under the canopy. I will take pictures with the microscope in the morning.

Aug17j
Aug17i
Aug17h
Aug17g
Aug17f
Aug17e
Aug17d
Aug17c
Aug17b
Aug17a
JoryK

JoryK

Hi,
Im not 100% positive, but they seem to be some type of aphid, there are so damn many types to remember.
If I were uou begote I try any type of harsh insecticide or something I’d dust the plants with food grade diatomaceous earth. …some companies product comes with a little duster apparatus, if not you can get them off Amazon for like $3/4. It’s the ground up remains of some long dead crustacean from prehistoric times, and is high on silicon, so it’s good fit the plants too.
Anyways, you put some in one of these duster bottles and blow it onto the plants making sure to cover both sides of leaves and stems as well. I grow in soil and always put about a 1/4” layer on top of my soil if in pit or in a 3’ diameter circle around plant if an in-ground outdoor. This stuff is like razor blades to the aphids, and many other small insects, and cut them up and kill them when they walk over it.
…a couple things to more about diatomaceous earth is that it only works when dry, when it’s wet it won’t kill them. Also, it only kills living insects, not their eggs, so you need to keep reapplying it, as needed when it wears off for at least a week to ten days after infestation first seems gone; that way it’ll kill any as they hatch from their eggs before they get a chance to reproduce, which will end infestation for good. ….it works well, you should try it. I used this summer on several different species of aphids on my poppies, tomato plants, and my one bonsai and it killed them all.
Another route you could go is with insecticidal soap, which you coat the plant with and it basically won’t let them breath and they die. …and, like diatomaceous earth, it’s non toxic
If those both fail you can use neem oil or pyrethrum.
Those 4 things right there have gotten me through almost 30 years worth of insect infestations, and have never failed me. Normally, I don’t use anything more than diatomaceous earth though. …I use regularly as a preventative as well, and the silicon is great for the plants as it helps build strength in its cellular walls. I regularly use it as an amendment in my potting soil recipe.
……but over all the years I’ve grown the best preventative treatment for aphids or any other type of insects I’ve ever found for indoor growing is grow room cleanliness.
A clean room=healthy plants!
……that includes everything you bring into the grow tent/room, including you.
That’s why you should always change clothes and shoes and don’t forget to wash your hands before you enter your grow. (and I’ve read where it’s even advised to wear rubber gloves, but personally I don’t unless I’m working with fertilizer(s).
Hope it helps brother,
Jory

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Hi,
Im not 100% positive, but .....
Hope it helps brother,
Jory

Thank You for the reply - There has been a little bit of silence here as you can see, but I did the exact same thing for a long time snooping and trolling everyone else's threads to gain as much new information as possible before I started this one. So I am just as guilty. I am assuming that I should not get DE on any of the buds themselves or will it just wash off? They are awful sticky/gooey

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Even if I can just save a little bit. I can afford to go to the dispensary, it is just the principle of the whole thing. I want something to show from my first run even if it is small.

JoryK

JoryK

Thank You for the reply - There has been a little bit of silence here as you can see, but I did the exact same thing for a long time snooping and trolling everyone else's threads to gain as much new information as possible before I started this one. So I am just as guilty. I am assuming that I should not get DE on any of the buds themselves or will it just wash off? They are awful sticky/gooey
You can get it on the buds as it will wash off, plus it’s tasteless to humans and animals. ….it’s actually recommended for health reasons to put a couple tbsp in a glass of water and drink it daily and to put it in your pets water daily as well. I’ve never drank it, well I tried it once to see if it was tasteless n it is.
you can keep reapplying as it will rinse off when wet.

JoryK

JoryK

….yeah, unluckily w/my schedule I’m not on very often, and I’m a member of several forums like that, and have been for years. Your question was listed in an email from them yesterday n I saw it as I was going through all my 100’s of daily emails n thought I could maybe help you out. I been doing this almost 30yrs now, so if you need anything don’t hesitate to ask b I’ll do what I can, but with my schedule it may take me a day or two to answer, but I will-as soon as I see it, lol.

JoryK

JoryK

Even if I can just save a little bit. I can afford to go to the dispensary, it is just the principle of the whole thing. I want something to show from my first run even if it is small.
You should be able to save most/all of it if you stay in issue and get it rectified ASAP.
Start with the earth n let me know how it goes n maybe put up a couple after pics so I can see what you did to make sure everything looks right.
good luck bro,
Cheers,
Jory
…n I know what you mean about the dispo. I have a big issue with maying $60-75 a cut which is average in my state for medical flower.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

It is almost all located under the main canopy. Wish me luck. I will post fresh pictures in a couple of days. Headed to the grow room now.

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Yeaaaa. I sure hope this works. It was hard to adjust the amount coming out of the applicator. I made sure to keep it off of a couple nicer pieces of both plants. Other than that, It's everywhere. I was planning on a water cure because of the bugs anyway. Just have to wait and play it by ear.

Oops
Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

I’m a member of several forums like that, and have been for years. Your question was listed in an email from them yesterday n I saw it as I was going through all my 100’s of daily emails
I surfed around a couple of other forums for a while before I found this one. A few of them had some know-it-all types and just plain mean spirited people as members. This one seemed mellow but very informative, everyone was not trying to chew everyone else's heads off. Really trying to teach, even when people asked questions that may have been basic knowledge for some of us. That's why I escaped to here. Where else are we all listed at? Thanks again for the tip. I am going to lightly fine water mist the tops only here shortly. Die Die Die dreaded thrips and spidermites.

JoryK

JoryK

I’d stay away from misting for a week to 10 days. Diatomaceous earth only will kill the insects when it’s dry. …I’m not sure exactly why, but when it’s dry n they walk over it, it cuts them like razor blades, but when it’s wet it won’t hurt them, that’s why you need to reapply every time it gets washed off unti a good week after the infestation seems finished, so it kills all the baby’s as they cone out the eggs (it doesn’t hurt them while in their eggs, unfortunately, but a light mist should be ok as it’ll dry quickly amd become viable against the insects, just make sure to keep a good light coat everywhere on the plants and keep reapplying each time it looks like it needs it and you’ll be pest free in no time brother.

Top Bottom