Boomer's 5000w Medical Cannabis Laboratory w/ C02 generator & ScrOG

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I really like the rooms... Very well thought out Boomer. And the growth in 5 days is awesome! :cool

justiceman

justiceman

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0154.jpg

Dude that canopy is ridiculous! Nice job man, and the growth in 5 days is certainly impressive. Can't wait to see the nugs that come off of those healthy plants. Man the jungle is thick.

S

supasticky

Finding lady bugs is always hella tight. Those roots are lookin ridiculous. Did you pull some out when you picked that one up?

-Supa

B

Boomer242

looking good as always boomer

thanks mike ive been checkin in on ur grow as well glad to see u harvested just havent had much time to catch up. these bitches are gettin outta control lol

I really like the rooms... Very well thought out Boomer. And the growth in 5 days is awesome! :cool

ya im sure like most on here theres plenty hours of thought put into a growroom and planning.

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0154.jpg

Dude that canopy is ridiculous! Nice job man, and the growth in 5 days is certainly impressive. Can't wait to see the nugs that come off of those healthy plants. Man the jungle is thick.

appreciate it i was just tripped out to see them jump that fast so had to hustle and finish my flower room and scrog netting

Finding lady bugs is always hella tight. Those roots are lookin ridiculous. Did you pull some out when you picked that one up?

-Supa

i actually bought 1500 ladybugs from the nusery so i have plenty in the room crawling around :tongueout

and thats just how the roots grew out of that specific cube lol. i tucked them bak under to avoid light pruning but def healthy white roots. :rastadancing:

B

Boomer242

Nice job Boomer!! How long does that propane tank last you? Im getting real tired of swapping tanks, Think I may get the new Co2 set up that works off a water chiller.

thanks man i havent used the propane generator yet. ill be firing it up for the first time today. but from my research and other growers i know using the setup; the generator will last about a month versus the bottle last5-7 days... and the propane costs like $15 to refill. so over all its cheaper in the long run for sure. the generator will produce more heat which is ok since c02 uptake is best at 85degrees.

M

mikegreenthumb

ima get me some co2 one day damn i need more money ! hopefullly now that (fingers crossed) dont have to buy weed anymore gonna put that to the grow and get some new toys hopefully next month i can some shit.

S

scrogbox

Wow! lookin good Garden. I think your lil ramble is right. I never fimm my girls before
a scrog. Your just wasting time really, I like to get them to the screen ASAP. Than I will
veg'em in the screen(if needed) I like to full the screen about 40-50% than use stretch to fill in the rest. I'll be watchin. Good luck

B

Boomer242

flipped to 12/12 flower room transplant

So another 7 days worth of work crammed into 48 hours. case of monster and about a quarter later...

moved 36 vegged ladies in 6" rockwool cubes from the 4x4 veg tray into the flower room that contains 2- 4'x8' flood tables. put 18 on each tray underneath a total of 6 600w hps lamps.
dark period for 36 hours to boost flower initiation and had to hustle hookin up all feeding equip. cut up 1/4" and 1/2" tubing and created my new drip system via ring emiters ontop the rockwool cubes. i stacked the 6" RW onto 4" RW individual slabs.
threw on algae covers and tested all emiters. everything ran great. oh i also ran bleach/water thru my setup and table to clean out any shit sitting around. scrubbed it down and rinsed.
i am using totes for my runoff/waste. im using a submersible pump and drain hose setup to pump waste water down the hall to the bathtub drain. i use this same pump setup to drain all 3 runoff rez totes.

i installed my airpump in the garage which is located below the growrooms and ran 8 1/4" tubes thru the hole we made for plumbing and electric and hooked up all 8 airstones (4 in each rez)
thanks jack for the tip (in a sealed c02 room when using an airpump to oxygenize ur rez water u fill suck the c02 out of the air and put it into ur water, u want oxygen not c02 in ur water. so i had to move the pump 12' away but at least ill have oxygen in my water and not waste c02)

thank u to all who chimed in with scrog tips and when to flip the switch. i think i timed it good or if anything i flipped too soon. the ladies reached thru the screen which is 17" high total from the tray. its about 7"-8" above the medium. i bent the bitches under the netting for now til i decide my route.

im pretty sure i lost two ladies tho. one was lookin good but during the 36 hour dark period and no water it got weak and droopy. i messed this part up cuz friday nite was the last water and it was a flush and i was gone all weekend then decided to flip. i never waterred them again which i know wasnt good. anyways ill b positive that i still have the majority left to flower out.
the second one im not sure wtf happened. it tucked under the screen fine then when i went bak to spread it out more the bottom base stem snapped cleaned (prob too dry) and i held it and tried to splint it bak but the other side broke clean off as well. almost like it had sumthing eating at it? not sure but i took sum closeup pix for u guys to look at and let me know. not sure if its like algae, mold from the rw cubes not being covered all the time or wat. anyways i splinted it anyways but its way droopy and lookin tapped out now so mite replace it with a runt i had left over from the veg table aas a bakup.

the temps did great over night stayed 70-75 and humidity at 50%

when the lights came on at midnight everything fired up fine and temps got up to 77 and RH @ 47-50% which is perfect. i didnt turn on the c02 yet i wanted to test the room first. the 2 10" 1075 cfm max fans running the exhaust light cooling work did great. ran super quiet and kept the lights so cool. my hand can be up against the glass with little to no discomfort. my lights are 18-20" from the canopy now. when nuggs grow should b about 12"

building the scrog table isnt science but apparently stoners have issues when faded tired and cracked out onmonster working days straight... i swear to god i made perfect measurements and sketches and bought all the shit i needed... triple checked it and all... wasnt enough haha. i ended up cutting every single piece 2-3 times to shorten and ended up getting 1 wrong corner piece and 1 wrong T. i had to rush to homedepot at 930 to switch them out. so dumb ugh. glad i didnt glue thaty shit together i was just flat out beat and not thinking straight with shit. anyways quadruple check ur measurements and cuts when u make a scrog table haha.

all roots were healthy white but sum hanging out looked kinda brown so glad i transplanted.
i watered each table with lik 50gallons of RO water as a transplant flush with sum superthive. i will feed tonight with my new flower feeding recipe which i will update in detail with later.

my dad came up with a night time exhaust system to eliminate humidity issues during the nite so ill get into that once its done.

im so glad i went with the 7" square white netting; its hard enough as is to get thru all that shit and fit my hand. idk how i wouldve done it with the wire mesh thats like 2"x2" squares. thanks for the suggestions again guys ill rep out soon.

heres the scrog table in process

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0162.jpg

for center support to hold up and down

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0163.jpg

couldnt find a corner piece i wanted so i made shit up lol

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0164.jpg

look at all the lil ass fuk up cuts i made hahaha K.I.S.S

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0166.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0167.jpg

heres the newly moved ladies

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0169.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0170.jpg

scrog tables in

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0172.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0173.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0174.jpg

ladies tucked

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0175.jpg

heres the ring emitter but look at this bitches stem!!

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0177.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0178.jpg

its like evenly broken all around like it was chopped inwards or eaten at but no bite marks its weird

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0179.jpg

anyways hope u guys enjoy the update ramble since its been a while just been swamped ill be bak with more soon

B

Boomer242

hmm thats wat i was wondering and sum other peeps suggested that as well. sheeyat well i guess the ride couldnt of been as simple as i hoped. any suggestions or remedies to prevent it next time and for the other ladies who may have the same issue? im not lookin to lsoe an entire crop to this falling apart bullshit.

from overwatering /underwatering?

T

theloadeddragon

its simply that the base of your stem is staying too moist, and not getting enough air passing through. Could be that you are watering too much. I have fans under my canopy as well as above to ensure the stalks and soil and undersides of the leaves get constant fresh air.
Root rot is usually culminated in a fungicide. I always put cinamin in my soil as a preventative measure. But you could use this or a similar product:

For Treatment of Root Diseases:
SM-90 is a root disease inhibitor which controls common anaerobic fungal and bacterial pathogens. Effective treatment for root disease from ascomycetes pathogens including fusarium, pythium, rhizoctonia, phytopthera, sclerotinia, etc. When added in small quantities directly to plant nutrient solutions, root disease infestations are inhibited and new root growth emerges. Treated plants develop greater root area and root runs and exhibit a generally healthier root development.

Application rate: Apply 2-3 ml to each gallon of nutrient solution on a weekly basis or whenever solutions are replaced. Routine use will provide preventative treatment to keep problems from developing during all stages of growth.

For treatment of tissue fungus (stem and leaf):

When applied directly to foliage or stem SM-90 is an effective agent to treat for many molds, mildew and leaf spot, etc. Effective treatment for botrytis, blight, fusarium, leaf mold, rhizoctonia stem rot, sclerotinia stem rot and others. SM-90 is prepared from natural plant oils and is completely non toxic to humans, animals or of course plants. It is totally biodegradable and environmentally friendly.

Application rate: Dilute 1 part SM-90 with 5 parts water to prepare a concentrate spray. Apply directly to affected areas of plant leaves, stems. Treatments may be repeated twice weekly until infestation is eliminated.

For treatment of insect infestation:
When applied directly to foliage or grow mediums SM-90 is an effective agent to discourage and eliminate many common pests including aphids, thrips, spider mite, and whitefly, etc. It is believed to act as a systemic to inhibit insect colonization and to deter reinfestation.

Application rate: Dilute 1 part SM-90 with 5 parts water to prepare a concentrate spray. Apply directly to affected areas of plant leaves, stems, or roots. Treatments may be repeated twice weekly until infestation is eliminated.

Additional Benefits:
Controlled lab and greenhouse tests revealed an unexpected benefit that was observed with the treated subjects. Results indicate that SM-90 dramatically increases the transpiration rate which improves the plants water and nutrient uptake capability. The plants treated consistently used 30% more water and nutrients than the control plants. This would result in an increased metabolism and accelerated growth rate.

B

Boomer242

Stem Rot

k so i swung by the hydro store talked with my buddy and a few of u on here and decided to pick up sum SM-90 and serenade organic disease control spray. that specific spray targets; bacterial spots, powdery mildew, rust, gray mold, leaf blight, and scab. so havin this on my arsenal will help b more prepared. i will spray as instructed with the SM90; target the main stems via foliar feed and pro spray the rest just to be safe. ill do this for the next 3 days with lights off.

anyways wish me luck.

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0192.jpg

oh and to further avoid stem rot issues im gonna turn the "T-shaped" drip emitters down straight into the rockwool so its not sprayig the stem. cant put the ring in between the cube and slab since the top cube wont be watered and the roots will die off thus cutting off any nute supply from the bottom roots up to the plant. thanks for the help guys.

B

Boomer242

C02 generator and Stem Rot

ok so a quick update since the lights fired on 30mins ago and i was double checkin shit. i sprayed all the stems and foiliar fed the ladies with 1 parts SM-90 and 5 parts water. supposed to b three applications in three days so ill continue and hope it gets rid of this bullshit. kinda frustrated but i knew i overlooked certain issues. ive watched grows and tried to be prepared for the more common issues IMO; mites, powdery mildew, nute burn, etc. but live and learn i knew shit would come up eventually. but im tryin to stay optimistic and enjoy the grow but its hard. i inspected all the ladies and prob close to 40% have visible stem rot starting and black chopped up lookin shit. wat i did was push down the rockwool around the stem to see better. hopefully this will air out and the spray will kill off thf fungus soon and plants wont b shocked from it. i also thru in 3ml/gallon of the SM-90 in my rez and fed with it as instructed. supposed to be for root uptake and fight the problem internally? i have other rooting additives that supposedly do similiar "eating dead shit" as the SM-90 but i all over it. i dont plan on losing any more bitches.

now on to the positive news i guess lol. last night i was messin with the c02 generator tryin to purge the air out the hose flippin the switch off and on troubleshooting it since everything was hookedup right and all but still wouldnt work. i gave up and tried it today when the lights came on. still no go so i consulted the manuel and found my issue. i pulled in a power cord thats supposed to b hooked up to a temperature monitoring system (that im not using) and it shuts off the co2 burner when the room gets too hot. so i unplugged the disabling feature and fired right up first try. i was stoked. i see now why they want u to install it 18" away from any and everything lol it actually gets hot. my lamps dont even get hot. anyways i still havent had to use the 2ton split AC unit so im waiting to test that out but i know it can drop the temps during dark all the way down to 60 so far which btw was fukn cold with fans blowing haha.

anyways thanks for all the tips and plz anymore discussions or suggestions regarding the stem rot issue fire away... im not sure when to expect to see results or if i should be expecting any casualities... so let me know wat and when i should be expecting if anyones used this shit.

B

Boomer242

Flower Nute Lineup

i guess i might as well throw in wat im using for my flower cycle;

vermi-t
cannazym
magical
big bud
overdrive
bud candy
sensi bloom a & b
connesiour bloom a & b
root excelerator
great white

and i think thats all. lo

B

Boomer242

RIP Jack Herer

Jack Herer, an American cannabis activist and author, passed away Thursday, April 15, 2010. Known in the marijuana and hemp industries as the Hemperor, Jack suffered a heart attack in the fall of 2009

justiceman

justiceman

Jack Herer, an American cannabis activist and author, passed away Thursday, April 15, 2010. Known in the marijuana and hemp industries as the Hemperor, Jack suffered a heart attack in the fall of 2009

RIP Jack Herer. Makes me want to grow out some jack next run possibly.

For one nice ass scrog man. I love it. You definitely put some work into it for sure. Ya sometimes measurements don't work out as planned, but at least you were able to adjust(same thing happened with the construction of my veg tent)

I am waiting to here what your night ventilation set up will be to get rid of the humidity as I am sure that can become problematic with that many plants. Hell I know my humidity levels go up in the night and I only have 9 plants in a 4x4.

Now as for that stem rot. It seems you use cannazym and great white so you should be good in the beneficials and cleanliness department, but it seems you got stem rot anyway. Very surprising considering how damn healthy they look above!

oh and to further avoid stem rot issues im gonna turn the "T-shaped" drip emitters down straight into the rockwool so its not sprayig the stem.
I think that drip emitter might have been the key player spraying the stem.

How many times have you use great white? I beleive the loaded dragon is right in the sense you should keep a lot of airflow in the bottom canopy near the stalks especially because of how many are on that table. I'm sure the humidity right next to the stems is extremely high because of the transpiration directly from the top of the rockwool. That 3 day dark period might have also done it. Since your trying to come up with a vent system for night time humidity I am going to assume it probably runs above 60% maybe even higher. So leaving them in darkness for 3 days at a high humidity might have just given excellent conditions for that pathogen come up in life. You might even have to get a dehumidifier for lights off if RH gets to high.

B

Boomer242

well the ring drip emitters were not the cause for the stem rot. the plants were on a seperate veg table in a seperate veg room then moved during the dark period into the flower room then i noticed the rot when one broke and i inspected the rest. its just weird cuz for veg i used great white cannazym magical vermi-t etc. all great microbes and root excel as well. so ill have to monitor shit more closely.

in the veg room i used two stake emitters for each cube and they cont spray onto the stem. so like u said might of been from the prespiration.

humdity in my flower room during night temps is bad. 60-77% so far is wat im seeing. im about to go to the distributor and grab my duct work to change shit up today. during lights on the temps are great. 80-87 degrees at 47-50% humidity so far. this week should get hot outdoors so we will see wat happens with indoors.

ill get the update done tonite or tomrrow so u can see wat i meant about night exhausting.

B

Boomer242

night vent system

heres the damper setup i installed. cut out the old 10" ducting and thru 2 "T-Ys" in with a damper in between the two and dampers in the opennings.

if u look at the pix ull see the middle damper will open and close when i need to vent the room out whether day or night. it splits the ducting so when the middle damper is closed i open the other two side dampers and the top side damper exhausts air out via 1075cfm max fan and exits outside. the bottom side damper is open and will allow fresh air from outside passively and stops the negative air in the room so things flow easy. to prevent c02 from escaping during lights on im gonna cap off the side dampers as well as close the dampers. the dampers do not seal tight so it will exhaust out c02. by capping it off itll allow the fans to exhaust the lamp hoods like before while keeping the room sealed for c02. cost about $40 and took about 1 hour. def worth it. ive considered doin the dehumidifier but its around $300 for a 70pint and gotta deal with that purchase, the energy use per month, and water runoff from it everyday. really only reason i cant do it cuz im short on power supply as is.

i also added another oscillating fan on a stand to put in the middle of the room exactly at below canopy height to help with humidty build up. i now have 5 oscillating fans in the room.

i think thats it for now so any questions let me know

stacked up on top each other

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0245.jpg

inside damper closed

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0246.jpg

inside damper open

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0247.jpg

side dampers closed

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0248.jpg

side dampers openned

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0249.jpg

installed on the intake system

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0250.jpg

screen filters over the ducts so nuthin gets in

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0251.jpg

labeled to make shit easy on me haha :shock:

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0252.jpg

B

Boomer242

ya the room is completely sealed. both my grow rooms are vaulted cielings and the exhaust is to cool my lamps. i can hold the top of my hand on the glass forever its so cool 8)

Top Bottom