Boomer's Ocean Grown 5k watt ScrOG Lab w/ c02

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

Thanks for the input, guys.........still can't decide, I guess I'll just flip a coin in a coupla days when I gotta buy them.

I'm just so clueless with regards to vertical setups and what type of lighting is best........oh well, I'm sure you guys will learn from my mistakes.

Thanks again.

B

Boomer242

AMEN.

Make due with what you are provided with. There is much to learn along the way!

Nothing beats proper planning and lots of studying/homework.

I would def. fit more babies in your area and step up to 1k's. Growmaster is blowing out 3+ elbows of AAA grade kush under 1k's.... That's what I'm talking about.

You have the knowledge, time and space to do so! Just keep grinding Boomer. :animbong:

i def would do the 1000ws if i wasnt already gettin 30x1000w for the shop. lol. the current room will b broken down in a few months after the shop is up and running. so theyll overlap for a while but im not investing much more into this room. maybe just the chillers; which ill be using at the shop anyways. so im gonna make best due with the lights ive got now. adding more plants is my best option i think.

maybe u have sum input;
i have 18 plants on a 4x8 table. 3 plants wide and 6 long basically. so i was thinkin bout keepin it 3plants wide but 7 plants long. which should fit and make the table tight but not too tight. thatd b 21 plants total.

B

Boomer242

Thanks for the input, guys.........still can't decide, I guess I'll just flip a coin in a coupla days when I gotta buy them.

I'm just so clueless with regards to vertical setups and what type of lighting is best........oh well, I'm sure you guys will learn from my mistakes.

Thanks again.

hope u work it out. ill be switchin to all vert 1000ws soon enough so thats my vote. :party0044:

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Boomer -

A friend of mine is running a 4x4 table (4 gallon hydroton pots inside the table) on a drip feed with a 1k HPS (air cooled raptor hood. They are bigger than an xxl magnum but I think magnums have awesome light spread.)

12 OGxBUBBA babies (same ones I have) yielded about 1.4 lb. dried.

Next round he plans on dropping 20 ladies per 4x4 tray under a 1k and that should easily push the 2+ per light standard.

Based off these numbers, it's @ 1.8 OZ a lady avg. which means that 26 ladies has the potential to yield 3+ per 1K (1.8 OZ. x 26 ladies = 46.8 OZ.)

These ladies we have are very heavy on the bubba side.. slow growth, not bushy, flat nuggets, no stretch.
Just fill the shit out of your tray, make sure you leaf and trim properly through out the process, and get a nice trellis going.

This is a goal I am shooting for and in the process of getting more ladies once I get these issues resolved and coco down. (either 20 or 26 ladies)

I ended up winning some of those beans I was talking to you about...

I hope your ready!

I

Integra21

I didnt realize you were setting up shop Boomer. I wish you luck on that journey. That is my end goal one day, but I still have to wait a bit. 1000w seem to be what every body is pushing for and Im sure they work great, but I hit the numbers above with 600w lights and far fewer plants, but you already know that. I think its more strain dependant than some advertise though. Thats what really determines your numbers. But I also dont know anything about vert except thats what the big boys use.

Bob, Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, been real busy this week. YOu know I love my 600w's, but its the same as above, I have never used 1000w lights, but I always beat my buddies on yield who run them. I think you should really just try on planning out your setup as simple as possible and design it to require little care. I think the problem with the last run was it was just too complicated and consumed too much of your time. How many plants are you planning on running and what is your goal for output?

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Click link above, this should solve any issues on 600 vs. 1000's.

Read over this journal and make your own opinion and judgment.

Growmaster = Big Papa (BP OG Kush) = Alphadogg. All the same dude and he knows his s**t. He has been around the game for a long time.

FWIW, most big op's on here and else where rock stictly 1k's. The super blue bulbs are the s**t (Jack says this and green coast calls them "the wave of the future")

I'm really not trying to dick ride on these guys, they just blow s**t out of the park.... who the F doesn't want to do that?

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Boomer -

You have a 4x8 Tray with 3 600w's over them right??

That is crazy good light penetration over that area.... you just gotta keep them a little lower than you would with 1k's.

If you intend on keeping this strand around for a while, keep adding a row of 3 like you intend to until you know how much you can crowd them. More babies = shorter veg time also. That really comes in handy..... especially when your running shop.

I'm just sayin' :sun

B

Bobby Smith

I didnt realize you were setting up shop Boomer. I wish you luck on that journey. That is my end goal one day, but I still have to wait a bit. 1000w seem to be what every body is pushing for and Im sure they work great, but I hit the numbers above with 600w lights and far fewer plants, but you already know that. I think its more strain dependant than some advertise though. Thats what really determines your numbers. But I also dont know anything about vert except thats what the big boys use.

Bob, Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, been real busy this week. YOu know I love my 600w's, but its the same as above, I have never used 1000w lights, but I always beat my buddies on yield who run them. I think you should really just try on planning out your setup as simple as possible and design it to require little care. I think the problem with the last run was it was just too complicated and consumed too much of your time. How many plants are you planning on running and what is your goal for output?

Lol, you know I always try to make my setups as plug-and-play as possible...........anyhow, don't wanna clutter up Boomskeet's thread - check out the link in my sig if you wanna give me some tips.

B

Bobby Smith

Growmaster = Big Papa (BP OG Kush) = Alphadogg. All the same dude and he knows his s**t. He has been around the game for a long time.

FWIW, most big op's on here and else where rock stictly 1k's. The super blue bulbs are the s**t (Jack says this and green coast calls them "the wave of the future")

I'm really not trying to dick ride on these guys, they just blow s**t out of the park.... who the F doesn't want to do that?

Yeah, read that thread front to back a couple days ago, but I'm so newb-ish with this vertical shit that I'm really lost.

If it was horizontal I wouldn't even think twice (1Ks all the way), but venturing into new territory with this vert stuff.

Thanks for the link though; appreciate the effort.

B

Boomer242

Boomer -

A friend of mine is running a 4x4 table (4 gallon hydroton pots inside the table) on a drip feed with a 1k HPS (air cooled raptor hood. They are bigger than an xxl magnum but I think magnums have awesome light spread.)

12 OGxBUBBA babies (same ones I have) yielded about 1.4 lb. dried.

Next round he plans on dropping 20 ladies per 4x4 tray under a 1k and that should easily push the 2+ per light standard.

Based off these numbers, it's @ 1.8 OZ a lady avg. which means that 26 ladies has the potential to yield 3+ per 1K (1.8 OZ. x 26 ladies = 46.8 OZ.)

These ladies we have are very heavy on the bubba side.. slow growth, not bushy, flat nuggets, no stretch.
Just fill the shit out of your tray, make sure you leaf and trim properly through out the process, and get a nice trellis going.

This is a goal I am shooting for and in the process of getting more ladies once I get these issues resolved and coco down. (either 20 or 26 ladies)

I ended up winning some of those beans I was talking to you about...

I hope your ready!

the weight sounds cool but in perspective it all matters about the veg time. i can vegg for acouple months and pull pounds a plant etc. but my objective is commercial and quick turnarounds. i have two diff rooms and can only veg to 12" then flip and weave. its just how shit got setup. but im sure u were just makin a point that the strain is a good yielder despite wat ive heard? :rasta::banana:

lol but congrats on the auction. im ready whenevr u are. i took like 200 cuttings today and gonna start a whole new mother setup to incorporate 16 total mothers with diff flavors. so if u want me to mother sum out id be down.

B

Boomer242

the shop is still a work in progress and i dont like to count my chickens before they hatch but sum discussion is relavent for me to get the shop top notch and ahead of the game. vert lights are def the way to go as jack has showed already rockin 2+lbs/plant. great quality not fluffy elbows.

B

Bobby Smith

hope u work it out. ill be switchin to all vert 1000ws soon enough so thats my vote. :party0044:

That's where I'm leaning as well, kid :afroweed:

Might as well have more watts and lumens, even if they're not as efficient........again, thanks and I'm done threadjacking; for real this time :rasta:

B

Boomer242

the super hps just made way more sense to me. i mean that was 2 years ago when i started and barely knew anything. blue spectrum is important and the results prove it. im a believer for sure and eventually more peeps will get on board. GC is selling their offbrand name 1000w dual arcs for cost as well if anyone is interested; only $50/ 1000w bulb new

B

Boomer242

That's where I'm leaning as well, kid :afroweed:

Might as well have more watts and lumens, even if they're not as efficient........again, thanks and I'm done threadjacking; for real this time :rasta:

no worries man it was a good discussion and good input. thanks for the link too idk if i had it yet. i always get mixed up between sites and whos journals im followin lol. im up to like 86 now? :rasta:

anyways goodluck again my friend

B

Boomer242

Fukn Bugs

so i went into the flower room this morning and found hundreds of black dots floating and stickin to the flood table and bugs stuck to my tape and crawlin around.

looks like spider mites.
lots of adults tho if im rite.
theyre solid black and no bigger then a pencil eraser. the got 6legs and 2 front fake lookin legs.

guess i jynxed myself by sayin i havent had any issues with bugs yet... glad im ready.

i released a bunch of my brand new predator mites so we will see their potential.

next option is crankin up my co2 to toxic levels.
lowering my room temps

then next line of defense is bug bomb fogger. fuck these bugs not how i want to start the day.

so far it seems to be limited to table 2 (the freshly transplanted OGBK)
i was concerned that my veg room had bugs cuz ive seen signs of eaten leafs. but thats not spidermite damage.

i did see a couple winged bugs as well? not sure wat they are tho so i got sum work todo.

if anyones got suggestions let me know.

the one thing i dont understand is why are they all in the gullies of my flood tables and why now? why not the other week when i first put them in? only theory i have is once they were transplanted i had sprayed everything down with neemoil which i know spidermites dont like but locally sum have developed an immunity to it. so idk if thats why theyre not on any of the plants?

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0645.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/IMG_0646.jpg

B

Bobby Smith

Hard to tell from the pic, but I know as I read your post on my Blackberry while taking a dump a minute ago I thought to myself "those sound a lot more like fungus gnats than spider mites".

I've seen nothing in your pic(s) to make me think that wasn't correct - FYI, fungus gnats are not a big deal; more of a pain in the ass than anything.

Someone else can chime in and confirm (or disagree), but methinks those are dead gnats.

B

Boomer242

haha i wish i could be on the forums in my "office"... i gotta see if theres an iphone app for this shit.

but regardless i would lean more towards ur guess too bob. i mean the bugs looked like mites but im no bug expert (yet) lol
theoritically itd make sense that i did a flush last nite and fungus gnats got washed out in the process. im assuming they were up underneath the rw slabs where the gullies go underneath and create a little cave for them. haha. any suggestions wat to combat them with? my predator mites were more geared towards spider mites. i could pick up more lady bugs but im just gonna continue to spray neem and see wat happens. i was under the impression gnats were a soil/less pest

B

Boomer242

also that would explain the pic above; bugs seemed to be crawling out of just that One RW cube and they got stuck to the tape on the way out... im gonna have to look a lot closer later when i get home

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

yeah I'm no bug expert myself but I would venture to say those are fungus gnats as well. I had a BAD spider mite problem on my 1st run and you could barely see the little buggers. When you get home take a loupe to the the underside of your leaves and see if you spot anything, thats where they like to hang out and munch on your leaves. Also look for any signs of webs.

I noticed a few fungus gnats on this run, but I just put up a few sticky fly traps and that seemed to do the trick.

B

Boomer242

yeah I'm no bug expert myself but I would venture to say those are fungus gnats as well. I had a BAD spider mite problem on my 1st run and you could barely see the little buggers. When you get home take a loupe to the the underside of your leaves and see if you spot anything, thats where they like to hang out and munch on your leaves. Also look for any signs of webs.

I noticed a few fungus gnats on this run, but I just put up a few sticky fly traps and that seemed to do the trick.

i already looked briefly underside of leafs. i know how to spot mites. i read up really well on them but thats why im leaning towards gnats instead. i saw a couple winged adults which most likely laid eggs/larvae and they hatched underside my RW where its perfect for them according to the link caog gave me.

i actually have the yellow sticky pads (from my outdoor run last year) and they should do the trick. i released my predator mites and they will breed on their own and even without food to eat they stick around longer then most other predator bugs. im lowering the temp in the room to 68 to also get rid of the bugs during night time. then tonight i will blast 20,000ppm of co2 in the room and kill every fuckn bug good or bad. i fukn hate bugs and wont be pestered by this shit. i actually am upset that i even allowed this to happen. i pride myself in prevention and slipped so i guess its a learning curve and bak to my research to better my preventions.

thanks for the tip and reminder bout the sticky pads bro. theyre rec by several sites and remedies from books.

Top Bottom