Boss's light test. LEDvsHIDvs Maybe Bad boy.

• Thread starter BOSSMAN88188
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What do you think of Ledgirl and her product.

• I should be banned for an honest hands on test and opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I should not be Banned.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
beezleb878

beezleb878

I am in no way defending Ledgirl and she is not LED Lighting. That is just one company who sorta reminds of those elite guys in wow guilds who think they are the greatest lol.

I can see how this can appeal to people with heat limitations and amp limits. It is certainly wrong to market it as an equal without showing, illustrating and having it be easily replicated by customers. In time perhaps they will find a better place but I agree, for a serious grower without limitations this is not for them.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Ahh you were the one asking about the T-5's? I have used 4 different kinds of LED's, a t-5 setup and a induction type of light. All except the T-5's sucked. I am all for new technology and science but the bottom line is for veging or flower I seen they were no good.

I would trust CFL's or Floros over LED ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

I have only seen LEDGirls posts about this subject and its typical sales person stuff. I have nothing personal against her.

From the two people I knew in different companies that were selling LED's.... I can tell you they were both full of crap. One of them just wanted to sell anything to make a profit.. The other one actually really believed in them, but unfortunately never used them personally so was just trying to convince himself they were the bomb.

So for all my time wasted with experiementing and actually talking to owners of there businesses.. I can tell you they are shit right now. The real wavelength of the bulb needed for flowering is TOO EXPENSIVE for them.. So they supplement it with a close wavelength that from the multiple strains I grew, were not happy with them ever.

Best of luck on your testing though, good or bad :)

ahh I even remember my friend whos a "bigshot" in the marijuana scene.. His resolve a few months ago.. or better yet, his assumption was that liquid light would fix the issues, lol. Purely assuming!!

The Joker

The Joker

I just got a 1k dimmable digital lumatek for $235. After rebate it will be 175. Until the LEDS' are in that price range, it's not worth it.

Now, my grow went to shit and then I was burglarized. I am doing a 13 plant SOG right now under the LED for the hell of it. Organic Soil. KF x Madonna ( 3 phenos), Pure Kush and Abusive OG . We'll see. It's quiet , runs cool and is nice for a micro grow.

But I put a 400 watt with a cooltube in my other cab for less money than an LED. I think in hard times, people have to think about price.

L

ledgrower

bad boys

hey bossman ive been reading up on your grow journal and youve done an amazing job. I was planning on investing in some leds but your info has made me consider in the t5 bad boys. one of my major problems is heat and i was wondering fc by fc do leds run cooler or these t5. and how much heat do the t5 bad boys really produce. iam looking to cover a 4x3 foot space thank you

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

The bad boy produces less heat then a 400 watt HID.
The foot candle diference is huge. I believe the exact #'s where on page 1. Also the color spectrum is where LED's claim to have the advantage. For that space I would definitly go with the Bad Boy.

M

MediMary

It looks like IC took ur advice... hahah

[email protected] is my email if you need to reach me. ICMag has gone Nazi on us and has closed our forum, banned my account, and refuses to respond to any emails we send them. Gotta love the bull shit politics online. Honestly if you could just send the updates to my email that would be great, as I'd love to get some results posted on our website. Another place that would be great to post is GreenPineLane, as there are a lot of fruit and veggie gardeners over there, and Zach from UHGU who is also testing our lights, is also posting there.
hahahahahahahahahaha I love it,

T

TyKaycha

Late getting on this thread but I do have a question, which I didn't see the answer for. Which bulbs were you using in the T5 Badboy? The Grow or Bloom bulbs?

M

MediMary

I recently got a 12bulb t5, and am using 6 blue/6 red.
Am really impressed with the results, Decided to combine after reading about jacks results using dual arcs.

side note.
43 votes, and only tobar voted " She is a straight forward honest product Rep."
lol

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I used the quantum veg bulb for veg.
And flower in flower. After this next test run I will do like mary and mix the 2.
This next round is just about started and is off the hook.
In 1 room I am doing a flood a drain with 4 big girls under 1 Bad boy.
And in the same room a 1 MPB girl with 3X12 bulb Bad boys vert.
Yes that 36 bulb's on one girl.
But this thread will be different. Since I don't spend my time on here any more. I will complete the grow. Then post a thread here for my friends. It will post it with a 1 weak update's per day.

M

MediMary

Damn Bossman, I really want to see that, 36 bulbs on one girl!!! Yeah Buddy!!!

K

kuz

Ya, dont forget to post a link, I want to see that grow also. I have 12 on one right now.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bummer, that you are heading on there Bossman. If you bounce somewheres else, drop us a line here. I know I would love to check out your progress. Thanks man,

-TF

M

MediMary

this was a cool test, just bumping it up for anyone new who might have missed it.

L

Lost

Yea, missing Bossmann's kick ass posts....

How have the MPB's been treating ya?

M

MediMary

I had a couple runs, didnt have a camera at the time, but they were lost inspired buckets for sure, I didnt have any problems though, going to be running an undercurrent in about 2 weeks, going to post it up and get a critque from the pros, my girl im seeing now has a bad assssss camera.

here is a pic of it just sitting out, notice the 5 gallon bucket . = )
112080d1288899548-green-leaf-yellow-outside-leaf-img_2018.jpg.att

I didnt cement any of the pvc i just stuck it on, ran 3 mpbs, had 18 places where it connected and not one leak, had some wierd mold like build up at the top of the pipes, where the water wasnt touching. but since they were not glued on I would take off every three weeks or so and clean them.

Hows the big O treating you bud, hows you feeling, hope the stomach is good.

Funny shit though, I got a cracked return manifold from UC, tried to fix it myself, used a shit ton of the purple primer and good amount of glue, and that bitch leaked like I had drilled holes in it.

MPB with no glue, 18 points, nada leak.:)

Bossman I miss you homie, the farm is a better place when you are around.

Looking forward to your triple threat quantum show.

L

Lost

Wow, great looking setup! Its all good. Kinda on a self imposed exile from civilization, but that will have to end soon.

Funny how the pvc doesn't need cement I have glued everything forever and am now learning for our stuff, it does not need it!

Oregon is a funny place but really cool for sure. You just have to be ready to down shift a few gears in more ways than one. Looking at getting involved more in the local MMJ movement as there are some huge problems here with the "System".

All that being said, Im finally on the meds I need. In cali it would have cost me over 800 a month and here with the programs I pay 110. Win. Tho I am having major issues getting pain meds here.

Its kinda wierd to be on a mild pain med for 4 years and all the sudden have trouble getting it when you have a serious disease. I just chalk it up to Oregonians wanting to regulate every little thing. I mean, I take 1 pain pill (vicoden level) a day. Do you really think im turning around and selling it on the black market? Thats what my doc said, thats the concern. LOL really? /end rant

Anyway, I have a UC grow journal going on a med patient only site in Oregon and im thinking of importing here. Its not much and I don't even have co2 (which is an eye opener after using it for so long), im using hoods, its kinda embarassing.. :( Perhaps i'll throw some verts in it if I can make a few bucks..

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Glad to hear you are doing well, all things considered. I think that it is a good thing that Oregon is tight with all of that heavy painkiller stuff (I know 2 people already in a pine box from that one), but it seems crazy that they would go to such an extent to keep them from someone who truly needs them.

I'll be looking forward to more Lost adventures.

-TF

M

MediMary

I have degenerative disc disease and took norrocs(10.325s) forever, when I decided to get off of them it blew a dick homie, I fucking got restless leg syndrome and couldnt stop kicking my legs. My girl would get the rolling pin out and roll my legs, shit was annoying. LMAO

Top Bottom