Botanicare nutrients

• Thread starter DaNK818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snow Crash

anybody use these nutes in coco with good results

I've been using Botanicare products in coco.

Liquid Karma is some good stuff. It's a little expensive, but worth every penny in my experience, especially when dealing with less than optimal environmental conditions. For people that use LK I would suggest purchasing it in a bulk size, at 1 gallon or 2.5 gallons, you'll find yourself glad you saved your money because you'll use every last drop. I promise that. It will increase the EC of your solution considerably and that should be of note because at higher usage (10ml to 15ml) you'll want to run a "higher" EC than you normally would. Not only does it reduce the stress of the high ppm solution, but most of the solution isn't exactly "food" for the plant. Be smart with your nutrient system if mixing off of the meter.

Cal-Mag Plus works as advertised and at 2-0-0 with 3% calcium and 1.5% magnesium it will do wonders for a nutrient system that has an out-of-whak Ca:Mg ratio. Really useful for filtered water systems. The chelated iron it supplies is indispensably useful in coco's high cation environment to keep new growth green and healthy. Something handy about this supplement is that every 1ml per gallon will raise the EC by exactly 0.1. So if you're using RO water, and you want 250ppm of chelated micro+N, then you want to use about 4ml to 5ml of the supplement to hit this mark (depending on conversion factors, etc, I go with 5ml myself). Later in flowering it is important to cut back on the use of calcium, so I generally will continue running at 1ml to 2ml per gallon up until the 45th day of flowering.

Hydroplex is a fantastic Phosphorus dominant supplement. They cannot label everything that is in the bottle due to lame agricultural laws (considering what they can label as a diet pill... Ripped Fuel anyone) but something in there does a very good job. I have used it as a finishing booster for flowering, as I've seen others do, and notice continued vigor throughout the last days. This grow I'm using it as a bloom initiator (like AN Bud Blood) to see how it preforms in that function. I am very impressed with this product and I think it definitely has a place on the shelf of a PBP grower.

Silica Blast is disappointing me. Compared to Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt this supplement is about 1/7th the concentration at the same price. I don't think I'll get it again but wanted to give it a fair shot for $12.

CNS 17 Ripe at 1-6-5 is a fantastic finishing bloom formula (or supplemented with Cal-Mag to make it a better early bloom system) and I really like the stuff. Brings out the full ripeness of the plants allowing them to finish in color and smell. 2 weeks of this stuff created the stankiest plants I've ever grown and I highly recommend this product to coco growers. It is kinda thick, like pancake batter, so it probably works best in a hand fed system... but might work okay in a drip or recirculating system too.

The Organicare Lineup left me totally pissed off and swearing at the sky. Not recommended for coco. Compared to other organic line-ups it is also oddly formulated and I think most people will do better on something like General Organics, Age Old Organics, Roots Organics, or their own homemade stuff.

The things I haven't used: Sweet, Clear-x, maybe a few other odds and ends... Not necessarily bad stuff but probably not the best either. I'd compare them to... K-swiss... They're no Nike... but at least they're not LA Gear.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Great thread. Id like to add that imo floralicous+ is a far better product then LK. Its far more concentrated and has a few more extras.

That being said i love Botanicare products. And i agree that they tend to be some of the most reliable. Great thread on that by tester right now. Shows lots of batches of GH and An that were way off there own analysis. Not botanicare though...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=213840

here are a few of my PBP grows as well:

tables:

coco:

UC rdwc:

Chem2
Quirkle4
Sage4
P

paperplane

here goes a basic feed....
GROW-
5 gallon bucket filled w/ h20.
50ml Liquid karma
45ml Sweet
55-60ml of PBP Grow
50ml Cal/Mag
25ml Silica Blast.
Pour all in 5 gallon bucket let it sit overnight and your ready to feed.

Flower
50ml Liquid Karma
55-60ml PBP Bloom
50ml Cal/Mag
40ml Sweet
25ml Silica Blast.

I like Sweet alot. It has many many Complex and Simple Carbs. Much better than using molasses imo.
Sweet Contains-
Cane Sugar, Citric Acid, Vitamin C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine, Niacin, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Serine, Theronine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, asparagine, glutamine, lysine, arginine, histidine, cystenine, cystine, methionine, proline, phenylalanine, tyrosine, trytophan, espsom salt, ferrous sulfate, agrimineral 76 micro complex, 1.50% Magnesium, 2.00% sulfur and .06% iron.

B

BudGood

Looking at my nutes and additives, I use Botanicare products quite a bit:

Liquid Karma has been in my garden for years, great stuff.

Pure Blend Pro Grow and Bloom, my first nute was the original Pure Blend many many moons ago, when I was a much younger man.

Calmag +

Hydroplex (first time using it this round)

Silica Blast (use it to raise PH mainly, will try the Dynagro Protekt after this gallon runs out)

Sweet Raw (was given it to try out, don't like flavor additives, so the fact that this is "flavorless" or Raw is what sold me on it)

Used to use Clearex, now I use Drip Clean throughout the grow, so it's no longer really needed.

IMO Botanicare makes some great products, good choice for any grower, new or otherwise.

GhostFace

GhostFace

i been using PureblendPro for over 10 years now_ i have done side by side blooming tests using hydroplex on some plants and none on the others..i noticed no differance!

cns17 i wont buy again being i thought it would be a good deal because its cheaper "but" you have to use twice if not 3x as much then the reg PBP_+ it never fully 100%mixes_it always leaves granuals in my watering can and im sure it does the same in your RES_ so the hell with that_i went back to what i have been using for years_ PureblendPro Grow/Bloom hydro formula "in soil and soiless". i get top notch nugs every time..it flushes out real good and gives me stanky dank that has an amazing taste :rasta:

S

Soeasytobefake

I'm using Coco. Right now I"m using Pure Blend pro Grow (what the guy at the store recommended to this newb). After reading this thread it sounds like for a more complete coverage of nutes I should also pick up Liquid karma, Sweet (Raw?), Cal/Mag, and Silica Blast. Then switch to PBP Bloom for flowering. These can all be used together following Botanicares recommended amounts? Sticking with Botanicare products, do you guys have any other input? Thanks!

tweedy

tweedy

Great thread. Id like to add that imo floralicous+ is a far better product then LK. Its far more concentrated and has a few more extras.

That being said i love Botanicare products. And i agree that they tend to be some of the most reliable. Great thread on that by tester right now. Shows lots of batches of GH and An that were way off there own analysis. Not botanicare though...

here are a few of my PBP grows as well:

tables:

coco:

UC rdwc:

Agreed, you'll never hear me complaining about 1 ml per gallon, ha.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive been using PBP for a while, I get really good results. I laugh when a few friends claim they get better product using Canna, Til i pull out a nug of the same strain and put them to shame. LOL
My advise is to use PBP grow for the first 2-3 weeks of flower, Or atleast 50/50. Other wise youll get some major yellowing too early using the 1-4-5 bloom

chromedoggy

chromedoggy

I'm working for an experienced grower and we do this protocol ( as listed above) with Bubba (U2) Kush, and they seem to love it.
ocean forest, botanicare karma all the way thru, Cal mag, sweet, molasses, PBP and veg, bone meal, sparetime guano...in my opinion, a lotta shit, but it does seem to work well with these ladies.

outside we do compost tea in bulk local ready-to-plant soil mix (by the truckload) and I like that better. Inside I am following someone else's recipe, but it does have good, consistent results. I tried some GSC in there, though, and burned them, so I'm sure it really depends on your strain.

I'm curious, I wanted to see some people post alternatives, but this thread seems pretty pro-botanicare.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I use pbp in a couple of my rooms and Ive always had good results with it.
Right now im using PBP bloom, original pure blend metabolic bloom, Floralicious plus, Liquid Karma, CalMag, Sweet raw, Fulvex, Hydroplex and Protekt. Im also using Hammerhead and MOAB as bloom boosters. I also feed once a week with compost teas as a flush.
I'm in 5 gallon grow bags with coco, Drain to waste.

A good friend of mine is a botanicare rep and is currently beta testing an all new mineral/organic hybrid. stoked to see how that comes out.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

PBP is the shiznit! I've run it in coco it's awesome. One thing i've noticed though is that alot of the bottles have a similar smell - namely the sweet, cal mag, hydroplex, and silica blast. Sorta weird. But yeah as far as bottled nute lines go I would say PBP and whatever supplements you need from them will def. do the trick.

Every now and then i've noticed botanicare has a taste to it (the taste of the strain is still overpowering, but sometimes the botanicare taste can have a bite before the flavor sets in) and the buds dont' ash out white, even after a proper 14 day flush in coco. Could that be due to running silica too late in flower or using too much sweet? Either way produced some beautiful flowers w/ botanicare, as well as my biggest yields to date.

philly kush

philly kush

bin using botanicare nutes for a few years now with no problems everything is good.i use pbp
grow/bloom lk and strapped, i also use moab.the ladies r nice n happy in the garden

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

One thing i've noticed though is that alot of the bottles have a similar smell - namely the sweet, cal mag, hydroplex, and silica blast. Sorta weird.

Every now and then i've noticed botanicare has a taste to it (the taste of the strain is still overpowering, but sometimes the botanicare taste can have a bite before the flavor sets in) and the buds dont' ash out white, even after a proper 14 day flush in coco. Could that be due to running silica too late in flower or using too much sweet?

BUMP
Botanicare ruins everything it touches. So do flower sweeteners. I can smell it a mile away. Any sweeteners, or anything botanicare. Sweet is the worst. I'll throw your blunt out my window. Shouldn't be able to tell what you grew with.

That "Sweet" is a direct contaminant of fruit peel squeezings and simple sugars.. It doesn't feed the plant, it absorbs into it. That's how growers get that mighty 10% yield increase they are so hyped on. The buds are heavier with simple sugars soaked into them, and frostier looking once the sugar dries out. Swollen, inflamed just like your joints after smoking it.

All bloom sweeteners are bad, burnt sugar is the number one cause of crusty black pipes and wheezing cough. Cannabis soaks up sucanet like a sponge. Cannabis doesn't need your sugars. It makes half a dozen of its own. You aren't freeing up energy by adding non cannabis sugars to the plant. And plant esters from fruit rinds and skins, the direct cause of the scent... No chemical reaction is happening here. No terpenes are being made. It's the new ,official way of spraying bud with Tasty Puff or scented sugar water: soak it through the root.

The later you use Sweet, the stronger the smell. Put 2 and 2 together. The stuff is disgusting by all means. If you are convinced a plant can develop terpenes and trichome and 20% yield overnight after you pour sugar water on it, please, quit growing Cannabis.

And the rest of Botanicare.. I smell it at most dispensaries. Its made by a hydroponic shop in Arizona,and owned by Monsanto. Why anyone thinks Botanicare should be used is beyond me.. It taste like a Chinese factory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom