botanicare's weird smell..

• Thread starter pussOGbrah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

Hey farmers, wondering if anyone has some insight as to why botanicares nutrients all have a weird brine-y smell. KInda like rotten salty tomato paste is my best explanation..(all their lineup smells like their calmag)

Ive used botanicare products a bunch in the past and i dropped all their line after eating some tomatos i grew with pbp soil bloom and calmag...Tasted just like the nutes all briney and grossss. I didnt flush well i guess since tomatos always put out new fruit but i didnt overfeed them either so i stopped using botanicare on my ganj plants..

>Anyways, I just picked up some clearex and that stuff has the same smell! wtf. Isnt it supposed to be just glucose sucrose and some other stuff? (for the isotonic and i heard citric acid somewhere)

Using it at 15ml/gallon and the mixed solution still has that brine smell.. Not very confident feeding it towards the end,,im thinking about switching to florakleen..

>>>So what do you guys think it is??

if i had one guess i would say its citric acid maybe? I know botanicare is not as refined and has organics in it, so maybe they use alot of citric acid as a chelator? I read litterature that says clearex has citric in it, what else would cause the smell in a clean product like clearex?

Thanks for any insight people! bless up the herbs

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

vitamins and preservatives...hate that smell personally and won't use any of their products.

So you think its a perservative? I really doubt they would put vitamins in their flush solution...but also wouldnt be surprised haha.

Its like the same smell is even their product sweet and it smells like crap lol.

I dont get it. Botanicare needs to step their game up. No one likes or needs that smell/vitamins/perservatives..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
So you think its a perservative? I really doubt they would put vitamins in their flush solution...but also wouldnt be surprised haha.

Its like the same smell is even their product sweet and it smells like crap lol.

I dont get it. Botanicare needs to step their game up. No one likes or needs that smell/vitamins/perservatives..
it's in every bottle they put out. preservative and b vits...can't stand the smell myself

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

I like the smell of botanicares sweet. Maybe I am wierd.but I also like the smell of dmt so...

rawman

rawman

Sweet grape smells bomb you're not the only one

I know pbp smells weird it's a oil based feet or something like that n it's fish oil I think

NightShift

NightShift

It does all have the same smell. Then again, every bottle is always the same. Consistent. Maybe its a product stabilizer. Or B vitamins as Baba said. I love Botanicare myself. The kind series is killer in soil.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I can open a sack and tell if they used botanicare. Advanced too.
Not to call you out but I'd like to see this. I met a guy who said the same thing he could also tell you how many days it flowered and everywhere the grower went wrong. Guy was a real drag to smoke with especially because he never seemed to have brought his smoke

green punk

green punk

^^^ I see we have a botanicare fan here....I ve been around a bit... Seen a few sacks, or so. Ran a few different nutes. I learned this primarily from growing with Botanicare myself and knowing others who used it as well. We grow the same strains and the difference is definitely there. Until they come up with a way to smell over the net I think you will have to take my word for it. I

In all reality I really don't give a shit what you think.

green punk

green punk

Im talking about PBP soil and PBP Hydro. Have not come across any thing grown with their new line. At any rate to each their own.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I have used a few of the different noots and I really like botanicare. never noticed the smell tho gonna go check my bottles lol.

AN does have a soapy taste in the weed, got that remark several times when I ran the whole line a couple rounds.

never get that comment with pbp base or the additives, nothing but compliments.

closest thing to bottled organic base that I actually liked running. everthing else has been a downgrade. hg, an, gh, go, and couple pthers

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I have used a few of the different noots and I really like botanicare. never noticed the smell tho gonna go check my bottles lol.

AN does have a soapy taste in the weed, got that remark several times when I ran the whole line a couple rounds.

never get that comment with pbp base or the additives, nothing but compliments.

closest thing to bottled organic base that I actually liked running. everthing else has been a downgrade. hg, an, gh, go, and couple pthers

shoestring

shoestring

Wow. Old post but i have to comment. Botanicare puts a company secret (but not really) and proprietary blend of vitamins, amino acids, and humics into almost all of their bottled nutrients, additives, and supplements in varying proportions and ratios according to the base minerals along with it so it stays in suspension (lots of purified water too). Its what gives off that menthol medicine cabinet in the bathroom anti septic smell. One whiff of liquid karma, sweet raw, hydroplex and most of their other bottles and its unmistakable. In certain varieties from certain growers i too have found this smell and taste transferred to the final product. But its rare and usually noobed and mistake grown buds that have that taste. I myself cant stand it personally. But i have used Botanicares line in the past here and there and so have a few of my real pro grower buddies. And we have all grown some pure hell fire with the line that tasted great.

Last edited:
Tardbuster

Tardbuster

I can open a sack and tell if they used botanicare. Advanced too.

2017 and people still ruin their bud with these nutes. Taste like plastic ass! No taste buds? Delusional? A mix of both? I don't get it. Entire crops that smell like nothing but PBP, or Sweet, or Budcandy. Ridiculous how many people use the stuff and can't notice the nasty tastes/smells!

It's in all the bud. You just can't notice it yourself, when you spent time and money, delusion takes hold! Grow some strains with zero terps. You'll see. Botanicare has left its mark on your plants! Bottled products are a joke! You can ID half the shit by taste. Thats NOT NATURAL.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

2017 and people still ruin their bud with these nutes. Taste like plastic ass! No taste buds? Delusional? A mix of both? I don't get it. Entire crops that smell like nothing but PBP, or Sweet, or Budcandy. Ridiculous how many people use the stuff and can't notice the nasty tastes/smells!

It's in all the bud. You just can't notice it yourself, when you spent time and money, delusion takes hold! Grow some strains with zero terps. You'll see. Botanicare has left its mark on your plants! Bottled products are a joke! You can ID half the shit by taste. Thats NOT NATURAL.

I disagree. The effect you are talking about comes from over fertilizing.

I use only Pure Blend Pro Grow when my soil is depleted of nutrients in flowering at 5 ml. to 12.5 ml. depending on the plant and taper the concentration up with peak flowering and back down during ripening to the last 1 or 2 water only watering/ nuting every 2-3 days as needed.

And the the flavor and smell of the different jars of weed from my multi strain perpetual garden is super obvious.

I give patients choices all the time. Every strain/ cross/ plant is different. Everyone can tell.

I have no delusions. I have used their kind line to the same effect but do not like nitrates with my system as well as amoniacal with my well water.

And a couple of powdered nutes too. But again. Only base fertilizer as needed as close to each plants needs as possible.

I am more concerned with how the nutes, well water and potting mix work together over time.

Healthy happy plants grow delicious fresh tasty buds.

Yeah I disagree.

Organikz

Organikz

Here's the big secret. There is no secret sauce. All lines of nutrients are made with a boiler plate recipe.

They add extra stuff here and there that really had no baring on your plants health. They just get to write fancy shit on the bottle.

It's all a marketing ploy down to colorful bottles with cool.pictures.

Placebo effect takes over and fan boys arise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom