bottled CO2 set ups

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I have only run burners.

Bottled gas may the best option for me in a new spot.

Who makes the best bottled CO2 system? Anything to look out for that would be different from the burners?

Thanks homies

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Get a dual tank regulator(mine is made by C.A.P.) and a couple tanks. Turn one tank on full blast and one tank on half blast. When the first tank runs out , Swap out the full blast empty and replace with a half blast and then crank the half full tank to full blast. This way you never run out of CO2. Even a day or two of no CO2 in a sealed room will cause damage or atleast hault growth. Hope all is well for you bro!

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Propane CO2 generator, game over, Peace

too much heat and the CO2 quality depends on flame quality. The cost of running a bottle isn't much higher than a generator. But the CO2 is pure...no carbon monoxide and stuff.

P

paulycali

Oh yeah! Craigslist is filled with Co2 equipment. Used regulator w/filled 20lb tank under 2 bills. Bottle system is the easiest way to add Co2 to your garden. Simple and efficient. Refills every 2 weeks at 1000ppm's. That's with a 50lb bottle. If i were you i would buy the 50lb bottles instead of the 20lb bottles. To many trips to the hydro store for Co2. Get's old quick

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

the more sealed the room the less trips to the store.. Im on week 4 and bottle is still pretty full

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

my sentinel has the option but I dont have it setup. wondered what that was

Papa

Papa

Supporter
much of this depends on the size of the room and the degree to which the room is sealed.

if the room is properly sealed a 20# bottle will do a 100 sq. ft. room all the way through flower.

i tried a burner w/ a pilot light in that room and the pilot light kept the room at 7,500 ppm!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

my sentinel has the option but I dont have it setup. wondered what that was
mine does too, it's supposed to 'learn' the consumption patterns for more efficient dosing schedule. i've not tested it enough to be confident running that mode.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

mine does too, it's supposed to 'learn' the consumption patterns for more efficient dosing schedule. i've not tested it enough to be confident running that mode.
I will look at the manual I was overwhelmed at first just dialing, whole different ballgame fully sealed and everything is critical as well as uptake is for fucking sure increased.

shawnskush

shawnskush

fuzzy logic is the way to run the bottle set up fa sho. it will always keep you within set ranges . for those without a chhc4 or meter heres a link to help get you into the right direction of the desired PPM http://www.hydroponics.net/learn/co2_calculator.asp
yo cheese where do you get your bottles refilled im not having much luck finding a place i just got my co2 setup and dont really know what i should be looking for alls ive found so far was a welding place? which is strange to me and the hydro shop by my house doesnt do it either

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Look for an AIRGAS store near you,thats where the hydroshops get bottles filled around here anyways.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

[
yo cheese where do you get your bottles refilled im not having much luck finding a place i just got my co2 setup and dont really know what i should be looking for alls ive found so far was a welding place? which is strange to me and the hydro shop by my house doesnt do it either
theres 2 hydro shops near me that do 20lb bottle exchanges for just under 20$. the welding spot, AIRGAS is almost double that.

MGS HYDROPONICS - foothill blvd hayward,ca
growers choice - watkins ave hayward,ca

shawnskush

shawnskush

hell yeah thats why i wanted to switch shops anyways 4 outta 4 on my last purchase of bags of soil had bugs and mold when opened and shop refused refund cause they were open...

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

too much heat and the CO2 quality depends on flame quality. The cost of running a bottle isn't much higher than a generator. But the CO2 is pure...no carbon monoxide and stuff.
Co2 is relatively cheap. Bout $40 per 50 lb tank...660 cubic feet. U can get a regulator w relectric solenoid on eBay for roughly $40. I like the dual regulator idea just not sure what the cost would b.

Top Bottom