• Thread starter GenieMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Get humidity down with the exhaust fan and then try to get temps up

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I cant stress enough you wont be able to grow well without air exchange.

Im kinda shocked they made it this far. But yeah leave the door open and that should help lower humidity and provide co2

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Its a start but you likely have root danage.

Do you have any ability to control temo and humidity?

The pot needs to be off the floor and you dont want much runoff if using organics or prefertilized soil.
Sorry if I'm a bit outta touch....wat is vdp?
Wat size are those pots?
You should find a food source
Superthrive is great all around & really affordable especially in bigger bottles.
Roots organic Amino aid
Dr repair by cyco
So for seeds and clones they should get started in solo cups w holes at bottom & use "mycos" in chlorine free water when transplanting. (Soon as you see root tips crawling out of the holes.
If you want big root system go to 1gal. Always up potting as soon as roots begin to expose themselves. How ever you can skip a bot size or go to cloth pots once roots are established.
Look at "subcools" living soil recipe & a high porosity soil. Promix or Roots Org. Keep in mind the Roots soil does have nutes in it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As they tecover they will drink more. If they were absolutely healthy you would probably need to water every second day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wat size are those pots?
Superthrive is great all around & really affordable especially in bigger bottles.
Roots organic Amino aid
Dr repair by cyco
So for seeds and clones they should get started in solo cups w holes at bottom & use "mycos" in chlorine free water when transplanting. (Soon as you see root tips crawling out of the holes.
If you want big root system go to 1gal. Always up potting as soon as roots begin to expose themselves. How ever you can skip a bot size or go to cloth pots once roots are established.
Look at "subcools" living soil recipe & a high porosity soil. Promix or Roots Org. Keep in mind the Roots soil does have nutes in it.
Vapor pressure deficit. Its how you control water movement through the plants using temp and humidity.

His plants arent transpiring for a few reasons.

1.Lack of gas exchange (co2)

2. Very low VPD so the plant is not pulling water from the substrate

3. Soil saturated with water for longer periods becomes depleted of o2… further preventing uptake.

4. Root decay from these conditions.

5. Higher light accelerates the issues

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Are you feeding with micro & macro nutes?
This line sent me to the internet to learn. I've got a basic understanding of the difference now. I ran and checked my ff bottles and they have micronutrients in them. I've wondered if there's anything more I could give them. I went with ff for my first grow bc it seemed simple and effective. At flower I picked up their powdered ones too. And per advice I added Langbeinite for more K in mid to late flower. I'm going to wait for them to run out and try something different. I want to try something called "the recipe" that someone on here devised. You ever seen the thread?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Wat size are those pots?
Roots organic Amino aid
Dr repair by cyco
I can tell you wat I've done in the past using straight pPromix hp and plants from clone.
12 clones in 1 cup
Buried the roots & covered the stalk until the dirt provided stability. Then immediately underneath h.i.d. 1000watt M.h (or blues & whites for led) as soon as a couple tiers of growth established (2-4 days usually) I would start what ever nutrient line I used at the time at 1/4 recommend strength
And Superthrive.
.I started with foxfarm on their schedule
W ok results
.Cyco complete line on their schedule
Pretty nice results
.another 1 can't remember the name currently. W bout same as Ff
.last couple indoor using Roots Organic "master" program w best results by far!!
Now I'm not here to endorse nutes & keep in mind all that shit has alot of salt wich kills roots, as well as metal content. Wich most Co.s don't or won't tell you about.
Roots does but you have to look it up separately. Also I want to stress on plastic consumption too!!! Buying bigger bottles if that's the route you choose. Somethings need to be kept in fridge or at least a basement in the dark. Obviously bigger bottles can be an issue for the fridge

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Vapor pressure deficit. Its how you control water movement through the plants using temp and humidity.

His plants arent transpiring for a few reasons.

1.Lack of gas exchange (co2)

2. Very low VPD so the plant is not pulling water from the substrate

3. Soil saturated with water for longer periods becomes depleted of o2… further preventing uptake.

4. Root decay from these conditions.

5. Higher light accelerates the issues

Thx 4 that update
And he's probly over stressing by watering way too much then letting them dry out 4 too long with no oxygen in between.
More soil in cloth pots will help ALOT

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

you dont want much runoff if using organics or prefertilized soil.
Is 8-12oz of run off too much? I've wondered about this, thinking I'm washing all the nutes I just put in them out. When I first started I wasn't getting any run off so I corrected for that. Did I over correct? I water 3/4gal of water for 3gal pots of ff soil.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

This line sent me to the internet to learn. I've got a basic understanding of the difference now. I ran and checked my ff bottles and they have micronutrients in them. I've wondered if there's anything more I could give them. I went with ff for my first grow bc it seemed simple and effective. At flower I picked up their powdered ones too. And per advice I added Langbeinite for more K in mid to late flower. I'm going to wait for them to run out and try something different. I want to try something called "the recipe" that someone on here devised. You ever seen the thread?
It may have been myself on the thread
The cleanest 1 I've seen was "subcools recipe"
There is a nute line too called "recipe for success" too incase it takes you there.
. Grow your greens YouTube video on cannabis
. How to grow mendo dope on YouTube as well.
I didn't see any "neem seedlings subcools
So if you decide living soil u may want to implement all 3 sources ingredients

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Ok will do 👍
That vpd article he linked is a great read. It's written in a way that makes it more understandable than anything else I've read on vpd. It'll really get your mind going on ways to start controlling temp and humidity. I'm just on my first grow but most of my challenges have been in that area. Anything new I bought or updates I did to my grow were to better control my climate. The article will tell you why vpd is important for a plant. Good luck with everything. Sounds like you've got this issue figured out.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

That vpd article he linked is a great read. It's written in a way that makes it more understandable than anything else I've read on vpd. It'll really get your mind going on ways to start controlling temp and humidity. I'm just on my first grow but most of my challenges have been in that area. Anything new I bought or updates I did to my grow were to better control my climate. The article will tell you why vpd is important for a plant. Good luck with everything. Sounds like you've got this issue figured out.
He's got some like minded ppl helping him so it should come together! I hope
Good luck to you as well

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Is 8-12oz of run off too much? I've wondered about this, thinking I'm washing all the nutes I just put in them out. When I first started I wasn't getting any run off so I corrected for that. Did I over correct? I water 3/4gal of water for 3gal pots of ff soil.
As long as the plants are not sitting in standing/puddled water for too long.
If I new I would be busy I would water heavily let water remain in the drip pan and the plant will wick water as its needed.
I dnt recommend this until your completely comfortable and let dry completely out.
You should know how heavy ur plants are soaked and dry

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Think about when it rains outside....sometimes it sprinkles sometimes it pours cats & dogs

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

As long as the plants are not sitting in standing/puddled water for too long.
If I new I would be busy I would water heavily let water remain in the drip pan and the plant will wick water as its needed.
I dnt recommend this until your completely comfortable and let dry completely out.
You should know how heavy ur plants are soaked and dry
No they're on little stands that keep them above the water. Then I use the shop vac 10 or so min after to suck up all the run off in the tray. It gets hella humid in there if I leave it. Never thought about leaving water in the tray if I was going on vacation or something and couldn't be there to water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah you want to saturate with as little run off as possible

Top Bottom