Bottom leafs dying to fast?

• Thread starter GenieMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

This is for organic and pre fertilized soil only. With synthetic nutrients you want to have run off
With the run off it's ideal to monitor the ph in the run off and ppm if you can.
Monitoring the ppm and keeping a log of when u water and fluctuations of the run off
Check out "grow your greens" YouTube channel 9/11 rule!!
Hope that helps

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With the run off it's ideal to monitor the ph in the run off and ppm if you can.
Monitoring the ppm and keeping a log of when u water and fluctuations of the run off
Check out "grow your greens" YouTube channel 9/11 rule!!
Hope that helps
For synthetic yes you measure for organic only ph as the ppm makeup is not a good representation of available nutrients. Even in soil ppm is really only a reference and not something to go by.

Thisbis because it measure tds and that can be tannins, humics , fulvics and a whole host if things that do not contribute to nutrients.

So if he isayong to check pom of run off in soil, organics or pre fertilized soil… i would say ye is dead wrong but I highly doubt he would claim this

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

For synthetic yes you measure for organic only ph as the ppm makeup is not a good representation of available nutrients. Even in soil opm is really only a reference and not something to go by.
The ppm can be a good source of knowing if you need to feed for those skeptics out there

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The ppm can be a good source of knowing if you need to feed for those skeptics out there
No it cannot… it can be used on an ongoing basis to show a trend but it is absolutely not an accurate way to measure available nutrients in soil… for that you need a soil analysis

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In anyone wants to look into I encourage them to here is a sample of why not and its by an organic company

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

In anyone wants to look into I encourage them to here is a sample of why not and its by an organic company

Are you saying "why not" as why not to use 1?
Alot of these guys are deficient as hell and scared of nutrients. Ppm will give them an idea rather than guessing. We (u & I) know that "nutrients" are not needed in organics!
Or flushing for that matter in "organics"

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you saying "why not" as why not to use 1?
Alot of these guys are deficient as hell and scared of nutrients. Ppm will give them an idea rather than guessing. We (u & I) know that "nutrients" are not needed in organics!
Or flushing for that matter in "organics"
Huh? Im saying that ppm is NOT a good representation of the available nutrients in soil, with organic nutrients or slow release nutrients.

You can use pom if feeding organically derived or synthetic nutrients for input but runoff is not a good place to measure ppm in the situations I describe above

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Huh? Im saying that ppm is NOT a good representation of the available nutrients in soil, with organic nutrients or slow release nutrients.

You can use pom if feeding organically derived or synthetic nutrients for input but runoff is not a good place to measure ppm in the situations I describe above
It's not the measurements your looking for it's the fluctuations and the drop

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Havent read all 3 pages so forgive me if im late to the party but.....Flowering plants don't need a lot of nitrogen as they own rely on P and K. However, have you assessed your nitrogen levels. It is still a necessity for photosynthesis. The browning and curling and fast deaths of lower leaves reminds me of a nitro deficiency I had in late late veg. Had some plants 8 weeks veging and pots ran out of nitro. Same thing happened. Interested to see what was cause. Haven't ran into that yet in Flower.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Havent read all 3 pages so forgive me if im late to the party but.....Flowering plants don't need a lot of nitrogen as they own rely on P and K. However, have you assessed your nitrogen levels. It is still a necessity for photosynthesis. The browning and curling and fast deaths of lower leaves reminds me of a nitro deficiency I had in late late veg. Had some plants 8 weeks veging and pots ran out of nitro. Same thing happened. Interested to see what was cause. Haven't ran into that yet in Flower.
Every strain is different and would essentially take a few grows to dial it in.
Seems like very few actually do that tho.
That's my mission r.n
Some ppl feel that no nitrogen is needed aftr flower & that's not true. Maybe considered "trace amounts" idk?
It's def needed tho

RainFlowerFarms

RainFlowerFarms

Every strain is different and would essentially take a few grows to dial it in.
Seems like very few actually do that tho.
That's my mission r.n
Some ppl feel that no nitrogen is needed aftr flower & that's not true. Maybe considered "trace amounts" idk?
It's def needed tho
I agree. Currently running Gelato 33, Wedding Pie, Durban Kush, Oreoz, Sprinkle and Runtz. They just began week 5 of Flower today. Yesterday I gave them all 1tsp (per gal of soil) of blood meal sprinkled on topsoil. They are in 10 gallon pots with about 8-9 gallons of Batch 64 Moonshine, which eventually runs out of nitrogen. Tonight they looked thriving. Blood meal is good for about a month on top soil so will run them into harvest. So, I believe in steady nitro throughout. However, as you mentioned each strain is different. My Durban kushes showed some signs of needing more nitro....along with my wedding pies......the rest did not. Hoping you figured it out soon tho, happy wife happy life. Lol

Mechman60

Mechman60

Hi, everyone. I had a quick question. I know the bottom leafs die out and is normal during flowering but I'm kinda worried its dying out to fast. Not sure if I should double up on nutes or add in some DR Earth veg nutes to the mix or just let be and keep doing what I been doing? Thanks for sny input. I can take pics with no led on if need be.

RH - 65-70
Temp - 70
Nutes - Half of DR Earth Bloom once a week
Water - watering once a week with nutes and whenever soils dry.
I've had worse and still a good harvest. Since I mix my own soil I switched to 3 parts. Compost, spagham Peet moss, and pearlite. Then I amend with a small bag of diatomaceous earth to controll pests. This way I can water every other day witch allows me to make nute corrections as often as needed. Also is that a grow bag? Nice I wouldn't grow any other way.

Top Bottom