Bottom leaves yellowing and turning up

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

It's still not right, you're still half-assing it and that's what's causing your problems you should have soaked the piss out of it to reset the medium and then learn to water in a proper wet dry cycle, it's not that hard will post up some info later when I get a little more time

Edit: agree with Nick raise the lights and stop the nutes
How long should it run off for? Cause I have 1 gallon jugs I fill with rainwater and I’m turning them upside down and pouring all around the plant. Does it need to be running out the bottom for a little bit before I stop watering?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes it does. I turned it up a couple of weeks back because the growth seemed like it was taking off. My mistake I guess. I’ll turn it back down til they recover. Good call.
If you can find a lux app. 15-20k should be plenty until she comes around. Have a feeling your above that.

curious618

curious618

If you can find a lux app. 15-20k should be plenty until she comes around. Have a feeling your above that.
i found an app but I don’t think I understand how it works lol. It’s giving me 3 digit numbers.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My tent is only 5ft tall I don’t know if I have room to make the light 3ft above the plant. Unless I can find a way to mount the light flush with the top bar.
just raise it as much as you can, it will be ok, then as the plant grows/matures you’ll be able to lower them slowly to the desired height, less is really more especially during the first 6 weeks, be gentle.
the plant is trying to grow lots of nice roots to build on after.
we are here to help you be successful!!..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Is your lens dirty or are you turning your phone over? It should be screen up facing the light to get the reading.

curious618

curious618

New growth seems to be a lighter shade of green. Hoping they’re on the mend!

6882C083 D7FC 46AC 9EC8 2CE902C50006
5500042A EC79 4B07 8DF0 1580AB9D8BEE
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Best way to learn a proper wet/dry cycle is to take a pot the same size as you're using and fill it with the same medium mix you're using and set it aside *dry

then when you think a plant is ready to be watered pick it up and compare it to the weight of the *dry pot you've set aside

if they weigh exactly the same then you water; but if the plant is even a little heavier, you wait

that's a wet dry/cycle, and after a couple of times doing that you'll have it down, good luck!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How long should it run off for? Cause I have 1 gallon jugs I fill with rainwater and I’m turning them upside down and pouring all around the plant. Does it need to be running out the bottom for a little bit before I stop watering?
I run 20-25% run off out every third watering, hope this helps

waterghost

waterghost

Hey everyone! Need some help from y’all if I could. These girls are 2 weeks into veg. In FF Happy Frog getting rain water. 18/6 light schedule. One was topped 2 days a ago, this has been left alone and now noticing the turning up issue. Any thoughts?

Hi Curious...

I think the problem is magnesium lockout due to acidic soil cause by rain water.

Switch to tap water or spring water and feed her with oxygenated compost tea (Seaweed extract, Molasses, mycorrhizae fungi or humic & fulvic acids) .. try to avoid runoffs and prune those yellow leaves.

I am pretty sure, she'll be back on her feet in less than 48hrs.

my 2 cents...

curious618

curious618

Hi Curious...

I think the problem is magnesium lockout due to acidic soil cause by rain water.

Switch to tap water or spring water and feed her with oxygenated compost tea (Seaweed extract, Molasses, mycorrhizae fungi or humic & fulvic acids) .. try to avoid runoffs and prune those yellow leaves.

I am pretty sure, she'll be back on her feet in less than 48hrs.

my 2 cents...
Thank you! My next water I’ll use tap. I have some FF Kelp me Kelp you so I’ll put that to use. And just trim the leaves that are all the way yellow correct?

waterghost

waterghost

Thank you! My next water I’ll use tap. I have some FF Kelp me Kelp you so I’ll put that to use. And just trim the leaves that are all the way yellow correct?

Correct.

But pls make sure you oxygenate the compost tea for 24 hrs because she's very ill. Normally you don't need to.

Tea mix

1 tbl Molasses
1 tbl Kelp or Seaweed extract or Salmon extract
1 tbl Mycorrhizae fungi or humic & fulvic acids or Azomite Volcanic Ash
mix the compound in 1 gallon or 4 litres of tap water

Brew using airstone for 24 hrs to activate the concoction.

Dosage : 500 ml for 3 gal pot

Prune all the yellowing leaves and pour in the concoction.

She will not show yellowing on new growth.

Lesson : Rain water is not suitable for indoor growth. Tap water or spring water is the best.

hope that helps...

Top Bottom