Bottom leaves yellowing and turning up

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

Imo nothing wrong with rainwater if it's clean. You may need to add back some minerals like calcium or magnesium if your nutes aren't meant for rain/RO/distilled water.

Again nothing is a rule but being aware of the differences is important.
Is it ok for the light to be 15in away from the plants and turned all the way up? I know they’re supposed be stretching so wasn’t sure if the light needed to be higher.

Edit: Still in Week 1 of flower.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is it ok for the light to be 15in away from the plants and turned all the way up? I know they’re supposed be stretching so wasn’t sure if the light needed to be higher.

Edit: Still in Week 1 of flower.
45ish K lux in week 1. I use light meter by my mobile tools dev

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah it as @growsince79 said you can cut it to half power? It's hard to say but read the plants.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It was my understanding that during flower you want more light closer to the plant. Must have been my mistake.
Somebody might recommend a light meter app for you soon but if you want to check it out old school you put the back of your hand at the height of the plant tops and hold it there for a solid 30 seconds and what you feel is what the plants feel all the time; it's a pretty good indicator of whether your light is too close or not good luck

curious618

curious618

Somebody might recommend a light meter app for you soon but if you want to check it out old school you put the back of your hand at the height of the plant tops and hold it there for a solid 30 seconds and what you feel is what the plants feel all the time; it's a pretty good indicator of whether your light is too close or not good luck
So many mistakes I made on this grow!! I’m surprised they have even made it this long. Thanks to you guys on this site I’m hoping the next grow will go much smoother

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So many mistakes I made on this grow!! I’m surprised they have even made it this long. Thanks to you guys on this site I’m hoping the next grow will go much smoother
Yeah bro LD nailed it... Nobody makes a perfect grow. The more mistakes you make the more you learn and the better grower you will become. After a while you intentionally will try things just to learn. We all started there, nothing to be ashamed about. One benefit is you can draw on the experience of others to help speed up the learning.

Hell I'm doing my first soil grow for the learning and let me tell ya it ain't perfect either 😜 but I'm learning.

growsince79

growsince79

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think a light 2 ft above is 1/4. as Brite as the same light at 1 ft. Knowing that might help figure out the dimmer.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think a light 2 ft above is 1/4. as Brite as the same light at 1 ft. Knowing that might help figure out the dimmer.
Nope it's not linear like that but I can't remember the ratio of loses. You can search online.

Top Bottom