BOTTOM & MIDDLE FAN LEAVES YELLOWING TURN BROWN THEN DIE, I DOUBT ITS N DEF...HELP!!!

• Thread starter ITSPROFIT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Hello farmers, I been reading a few other threads, even looked at the charts and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. She is a Blueberry Kush 6 footer about 4-5 weeks into flowering. I started ph'ing her @5.8-6.0 and stopped when I read a thread on how ph'ing(adding GH Up/Down) can actually do more harm then good.

So anywho, I have them in 5Gal Home Depot Buckets With FFOF mixed with FFLW and part perlite with hydroton on the bottom of the bucket for better drainage along with 2 1/4 sized wholes on each side of buckets for the excess. I use RO water which I give them just about every other day w/1tbs of organic Blackstrap Molasses every watering including feeding. For Nutes I use GH Flora series minus the Grow part & use the Lucas Formula(8ml FloraMicro, 16ml FloraBloom per/1 Gal. About 800+ ppm) which is given to them about every 2nd watering. I have a 600W hps bulb about a foot away from the BBK (I did the backhand test and didn't bother me none) with an AC going throughout the day along with a fan aimed straight at the bulb to try and keep temps down.
Temps are between 68F/lights off - 78F/Lights On. I think it's a possibility of being heat stress but not quite sure as a precaution I have moved it about another foot away from the BBK. These last 2 weeks have been extremely hot & humid here in So Cal and there has been 2 instances where the water gets full in the AC thus shutting down till I get home and empty. I have a Master Kush in the same room about 3 ft. Smaller with no signs of any yellowing or stress. Yellowing has been around the lower and mid fan leaves. They have brown blotches crumble up and fall off... PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks in advance looking forward to all your input:)
Bottom  middle fan leaves yellowing turn brown then die i doubt its n defhelp
Bottom  middle fan leaves yellowing turn brown then die i doubt its n defhelp 2
Bottom  middle fan leaves yellowing turn brown then die i doubt its n defhelp 3
Bottom  middle fan leaves yellowing turn brown then die i doubt its n defhelp 4
Bottom  middle fan leaves yellowing turn brown then die i doubt its n defhelp 5

Last edited:
IndaVI

IndaVI

Idk but that seems like n aweful lot of mollasis ...
I'd flush with ph water then brew some Heisenberg tea and apply it as a foliar spray at lights off... Then start a weekly regimend of the compost tea rather than adding the molasses strait to the roots... The mollasis is to feed the bennies not your plant so unless you inoculate first the sugar could be feeding the wrong kinds of bacteria and fungi in your soil...
Best wishes bro hope that helps!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Agree u can over mollass... plus kinda early for it ..except in the tea... can u top dress with some soil ..normal for bottoms to drop ...thats about the time i top dress just a little nito if there yellowing and dropping really helps..but its natural in the soil... m

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Thank u both, I'm going to look up Heisenberg tea and start foliar feeding. Can I continue my feeding schedule minus the molasses? I also have some Mother Earths Grow & Bloom Teas can I use that instead of the Heisenberg tea since I already have those readily available? If so would I add the molasses to the teas? Once again Thank you @Medusa & @IndaVI I appreciate yall:)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Not gonna say it's for sure bugs but that looks a aweful lot like soil damage due to something eating the roots :o I could be wrong

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Agree u can over mollass... plus kinda early for it ..except in the tea... can u top dress with some soil ..normal for bottoms to drop ...thats about the time i top dress just a little nito if there yellowing and dropping really helps..but its natural in the soil... m
I have never done any top dressing before. This is my first go around... Sorry! Lol
What do u recommend for top dressing? Any home remedies or low cost alternatives? I also have a big bag of FFLight Warrior laying around and the teas I mentioned, just thought I'd throw it out there in case it can help any. Thanks!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What do u recommend for top dressing?
Soil if your using soil or a little ..little nitrogen usually u dont in flower but if shes a little lite green she 'e going to look sad in 4 more weeks... might be why shes dropping.. hopefully a few more will peep in..good luck M

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Not gonna say it's for sure bugs but that looks a aweful lot like soil damage due to something eating the roots :eek: I could be wrong
OH NO!!! I really hope that's not the case. Anything I can use as far as preventatives or how to get rid of bugs, etc?

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

On
Soil if your using soil or a little ..little nitrogen usually u dont in flower but if shes a little lite green she 'e going to look sad in 4 more weeks... might be why shes dropping.. hopefully a few more will peep in..good luck M
GOODSTUFF!!! Once again Thank U @Medusa :)

IndaVI

IndaVI

Thank u both, I'm going to look up Heisenberg tea and start foliar feeding. Can I continue my feeding schedule minus the molasses? I also have some Mother Earths Grow & Bloom Teas can I use that instead of the Heisenberg tea since I already have those readily available? If so would I add the molasses to the teas? Once again Thank you @Medusa & @IndaVI I appreciate yall:)

william76

william76

I would for sure try out neem oil at first, follow the directions on the bottle
You said it's a 6 footer,? Coz if the lights not penetrateing to the lowers this also cause something similar,especially if your temps get hot sometimes,hope you get it sorted,76

IndaVI

IndaVI

Yep add mollasis to the teas and bubble to wake up the bennies.... Bubbling time varies.. I've always follower the Heisenberg instructions but I've seen other recipes on here with varying brew times...
I'm admittedly no expert... I just know what's worked for me!
Good luck

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

How high are your ceilings? Gets hot up there an pretty hard for a 600 watt to penetrate that tall of a plant. 6 foot is pretty tall if u have avg 8 foot ceilings.
I agree, not sure how I let it get so big... Smh... I do have 8 ft. Ceilings, however I have a portable AC unit in the same room along with a good sized fan aimed straight up at the bulb as to keep temps up there from staying too hot. My next grow I'm scrogging, Main-lining and all that goodstuff...lol

Top Bottom