Bottom of stem loosing bark, is my plant sick?

• Thread starter AeroponicApparatus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Thank you all for your input. I picked up some Physan 20, and increased air flow. Fortunately, they're exposed to fresh air constantly. I'll do the aluminum foil covers over pods, and port that houses ph down line/thermometer/pump. I really want to keep this plant, as it has had a great smell that has only grown stronger and skunkier day by day.
In your first post, second picture is the one in from with the problem and the one InThe back is fine?
I was going to suggest just spraying that crown with physan20 at 1 ml per gallon, but you might have to run it through your system.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
So what causes this bro..not having sufficient airflow round base?.
I’ve never really had a problem with it growing from seed but old clones will pick it up quick if conditions are right or if you bring a sick plant that has it into the garden. Then it spreads very fast even if your just watering by hand. If you start flower with 1-2 plants having it by end of flower they all will be suffering depend on the strength of each strains immune system.
Old clones always get hit first. I think I mentioned to in your thread before about disease being the best stress to see how prone your strains are to hermie🤣. This is the shit that will show you. Crown rot prevents anchoring roots so you may have really nice roots down below but the plant gets easier and easier to fall over.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Didn’t reread all the posts but seen @Deadstill post as scrolling half hazardly through and agree.

looks like a bacterial or fungal infection but it’s healing. If the plants look healthy then don’t worry. A diluted fungicide like southern AG fungicide will fix it up in no time. It’s completely organic as it’s a bacteria well know and used in agriculture for many yrs for that very issue. Super cheap too.

the root cause is exactly as @Deadstill said. You need air movement under the plants to take away the humid air coming from the venting air through the net pots.

those little white bump you see on the base of the stalk are actually root nubs forming and that ONLY happens when humidity is extremely high surrounding plant stalks. It’s your first indication that you need to increase air movement at the base of the plant.

Bonus useless info:

you can actually take advantage of this to make clones directly on a living plant wrapping a sponge or say a rapid rooter cut then placed over a living side shoot and keeping it moist. Then you just cut the clone off when you see root and transplant.

sorry always like to take an opportunity to share some knowledge be it useful or useless you can decide.

AeroponicApparatus

AeroponicApparatus

Okay well shoot, I already have the Physan 20. Should I hold off if the plant looks healthy and I've dried up the area, and wait to get the AG Southern? I'd rather go as natural as possible. If they had chelated organic hydroponic nutrients, I'd buy those too if I could.

edit ehhh, I only spent 5.24 on the Physan. Just next dayed the AG, looks a bit safer.
Thanks again everyone🙌 I'll post a picture in a week if anyone is interested on how it turns out. Until then!😶‍🌫️

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay well shoot, I already have the Physan 20. Should I hold off if the plant looks healthy and I've dried up the area, and wait to get the AG Southern? I'd rather go as natural as possible. If they had chelated organic hydroponic nutrients, I'd buy those too if I could.

edit ehhh, I only spent 5.24 on the Physan. Just next dayed the AG, looks a bit safer.
Thanks again everyone🙌 I'll post a picture in a week if anyone is interested on how it turns out. Until then!😶‍🌫️
Awesome looking forward to it

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

Look forward to it because I’ve never been able to beat crown rot (if that’s what you have) with anything organic especially in a dwc system.

AeroponicApparatus

AeroponicApparatus

Alrighty, I know it hasn't been a week but here's a little progress report. I've actually yet to put anything on it yet. But she's thriving, so ✊ I'll probably give it a squirt of the AG this evening.
Video 1 displays growing parameters & unaffected plant.
Video 2 displays plant in question, but seems to be thriving at this point still.

Latest posts

Top Bottom