Boveda or Boost RF packs

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

have used both RH packs (62%RH) and those whom have used them please give me a shout out. Yes' they do good for (RH) long term storage 4 months + have used them after drying but seems they "steal" the oils and terpenes ? have done side by side (some with and some with-out. the with-out jars seem to better than the use pack ed jars ???? ant and all information welcome - thinking on not use them any more ????????????????????? HELP taste seems better when I don't use them

BigCube

BigCube

have used both RH packs (62%RH) and those whom have used them please give me a shout out. Yes' they do good for (RH) long term storage 4 months + have used them after drying but seems they "steal" the oils and terpenes ? have done side by side (some with and some with-out. the with-out jars seem to better than the use pack ed jars ???? ant and all information welcome - thinking on not use them any more ????????????????????? HELP taste seems better when I don't use them

Then I wouldn't use them. In my opinion, they are just gimmicky bs. People have been storing cannabis long term for years before that crap was even thought of.

If you're gonna spend money on something to control the moisture content of your cured cannabis, buy something useful and tangible. Like a humidor. Or just manage it yourself like everyone's been doing for years before those gimmicks were invented.

Using those rh packs to me is a lot like, exclusively using hand sanitizer or wet wipes to wash your hands. Lazy, inefficient, ineffective, and wasteful.

Again just my opinion 😀

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I use Boveda packs but put a layer of parchment paper between the pack and herb, vacuum out air, and store my containers in a wine fridge . I dont notice any decline of oil or terps, actually the opposite as things get more pungent the more it ages

P

Prob

I’ve been using the 62 percent bovedas for a while and if I open up a pack after a month+ I feel as if the weed is a bit too wet and needs to dry out a little again. I don’t think I am going to keep using them.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I’ve been using the 62 percent bovedas for a while and if I open up a pack after a month+ I feel as if the weed is a bit too wet and needs to dry out a little again. I don’t think I am going to keep using them.

I tried the 57% and liked the results more so over the 62s. The herb is more ready to smoke right away than the 62 needing to sit out for a while before enjoying

TerriR

TerriR

I use Boveda packs in c-vaults...works great! Keeps the bud just right...before I got them and the c-vaults, everything got dry and crispy. Wish I could buy them wholesale though. Here is some Dark Star from last year.

134A585F DB8E 433F B3BA CC12B47A47AE
Dan789

Dan789

I tried the 57% and liked the results more so over the 62s. The herb is more ready to smoke right away than the 62 needing to sit out for a while before enjoying
So in effect, the MJ has to breathe?🤓

H

hawkman

Then I wouldn't use them. In my opinion, they are just gimmicky bs. People have been storing cannabis long term for years before that crap was even thought of.

If you're gonna spend money on something to control the moisture content of your cured cannabis, buy something useful and tangible. Like a humidor. Or just manage it yourself like everyone's been doing for years before those gimmicks were invented.

Using those rh packs to me is a lot like, exclusively using hand sanitizer or wet wipes to wash your hands. Lazy, inefficient, ineffective, and wasteful.

Again just my opinion 😀
i AGREE i JUST WRECKED gHOST tRAIN hAZE #1 AND DARK STAR - ( two month cure)DUE TO THEIR USE --------NEVER AGAIN -- but some folks swear by them ??? !!!!!
tried dry ice kief + shit = don't know about edibles --maybe I will give it away ?????????????? yea they sell RH and temp cure jars with the stuff on the lids, but pricy

H

hawkman

they do good for RH but with the terpenes ad essential oils it affects them in a negative way - just think about it ; that how can RH be changed with changing the other stuff

H

hawkman

I use Boveda packs in c-vaults...works great! Keeps the bud just right...before I got them and the c-vaults, everything got dry and crispy. Wish I could buy them wholesale though. Here is some Dark Star from last year.
has you taste been effected ? they do control RH glad you have good luck !!!

TerriR

TerriR

has you taste been effected ? they do control RH glad you have good luck !!!
to be honest, my homegrown tastes better than what I can buy, so I am not sure if it affects negatively...but I am going to figure out how you guys are doing it without the RH packs and try a test at harvest time.

H

hawkman

to be honest, my homegrown tastes better than what I can buy, so I am not sure if it affects negatively...but I am going to figure out how you guys are doing it without the RH packs and try a test at harvest time.
let me know about the "test" when you do it ---Thanks

H

hawkman

of course...what would a valid test look like? use jars (got plenty), no RH pack, keep it in the dark...what else?
you think the "chemical" in the packs to maintain RH would affect the flower ??

TerriR

TerriR

you think the "chemical" in the packs to maintain RH would affect the flower ??
I don’t think so...Boveda made these originally for the cigar crowd and I imagine they are a persnickety bunch...much more so than us 🤓. Someone would have bitched loud and long before now. Also the MSDS says they contain chloride, potassium chloride and xantham gum...not even a problem with Cali Prop 65 so I feel very safe using them. I could run this by a PhD in pharmacology if that would help...

Last edited:
TerriR

TerriR

I checked...she said “safe AF” 😂 And nothing in them that should affect taste or potency.

H

hawkman

I don’t think so...Boveda made these originally for the cigar crowd and I imagine they are a persnickety bunch...much more so than us 🤓. Someone would have bitched loud and long before now. Also the MSDS says they contain chloride, potassium chloride and xantham gum...not even a problem with Cali Prop 65 so I feel very safe using them. I could run this by a PhD in pharmacology if that would help...
Great information -- Thanks / Peace

H

hawkman

ever hear of these : Myharmjar Miron - these are curring jars in different size jars that are black and have the temp and RH on the lid

Top Bottom