Boy Is This All Messed Up

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

I have a New 4X4 Tent, using Happy Frog, got an Inline Fan and VS 4000 LED Grow Light.

Sprouted Cherry Pie Feminized, got light about 2 foot above seedlings, set next to its lowest setting. Got the Fan on its lowest setting, it is still trying to pull the Tent in, so I took another vent hose put on the other side. Didn’t help.

Im thinking the light burnt my seedlings. I took them out put them under a smaller Grow Light.

Here it is again my Son is saying the only reason for the Tent and In-line Fan is to keep smell out of the house. So just open the Tent or why even have it. Living with smell because don’t have no Tent for Autos.

If I can get these plants going thinking of putting the light on its lowest setting and raising it up. Putting a smaller Inline Fan on. I have a Tower Oscillating Fan I’m going to put in

If these fail I have some more seed.

HELP!

oLd1

Boy is this all messed up
Boy is this all messed up 2
Dothraki

Dothraki

I have a New 4X4 Tent, using Happy Frog, got an Inline Fan and VS 4000 LED Grow Light.

Sprouted Cherry Pie Feminized, got light about 2 foot above seedlings, set next to its lowest setting. Got the Fan on its lowest setting, it is still trying to pull the Tent in, so I took another vent hose put on the other side. Didn’t help.

Im thinking the light burnt my seedlings. I took them out put them under a smaller Grow Light.

Here it is again my Son is saying the only reason for the Tent and In-line Fan is to keep smell out of the house. So just open the Tent or why even have it. Living with smell because don’t have no Tent for Autos.

If I can get these plants going thinking of putting the light on its lowest setting and raising it up. Putting a smaller Inline Fan on. I have a Tower Oscillating Fan I’m going to put in

HELP!

oLd1
Next time try dimming the light and put it higher up. which light did you switch to from the VS 4000?

Aside from light what are you watering/feeding with and at what volume and strength and how often? These are some things that might help diagnose the next batch. What’s your soil mixture, temp, humidity etc.

The tent does help with smell but also allows you to create a miniature environment for your plant that you can control, keep clean, and reflect light better when they are bigger. Thats my 2 cents as a beginner but others will chime in. Get the new seeds going and list the specs of everything mentioned...I’m sure the pioneers can help get you going!

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

HELP!

oLd1
Did you water it before the picture?? Way too much water

oLd1

oLd1

Yes I did.

Thinking trying them in 5 gallon buckets. Easy on the light.

I got some Gorilla Glue Auto seed I’m going to go with.

I asked my wife if she was ok with the smell and said she was. If I had my way I would plant them outside but the state says no.

oLd1

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

HELP!

oLd1
What type soil u using try living soil . Lift it up to 28 to 30 above when germinate and seedling once getting bigger then bring down exhust fan it to take out stale air and hotness humity. Also bring in fresh air threw the bottom . If doing passive ventilation. I got a 3x3x6 what I do I got a 4 inch exhust. Gotta dial all in once u see the walls of tent suck in u good . Tower fan is good too.

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

HELP!

oLd1
You may want to use a humidity dome after the seed sprouts and you have your first starter leaves. They are delicate and need humidity on the leaves. If you have good tap water with low PPM, just add a few drops of cal mag nutrient into a spray bottle of tap water that has had a chance to air the chlorine away first. If you dont have a seedling dome then cut off the top of a 2 litre soda bottle and make a diy seedling dome. Then mist the inside of the dome with a couple of sprays and just one light mist on top of the leaves of your baby seedling and a couple gentle mist on the soil surrounding the stem. Its easy to drown these seedling from over watering. Best to underwater at first and mist the inside of the dome. You need to keep the humidity high during the early seedling stage then after a couple of weeks you can remove the dome for 20 minutes a couple times a day and then remist (gentle hardening). Once they outgrow the dome just keep some humidity in your tent. The fan removes humidity from the air so although circulation is good, it tends to bring the humidity down. A tray of water will help counteract or a humidifier if that isnt keeping the humidity up enough. They will grow much faster in a humidity environment but dont overdo it. You dont want to bring on Powdery Mold.. 70-90 percent humidity in the dome is a good range, then after the dome is removed 50-55% in the tent would be a safe bet and then you can lower it to under 50% after you begin transitioning to flower.... Good luck with your grow.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

HELP!

oLd1
I bleached my first set of seedlings under LED snow white. Looked like carved ivory. They actually recovered outdoors but were never right. Toss and start over. Use Black Gold Seedling Mix in a Solo cup with adequate drain holes in the bottom. If not using a light meter of some sort start the light high and at a low setting. If they stretch gradually increase power. Easy to bury those stretched stems on transplant.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Yes I did.

I asked my wife if she was ok with the smell and said she was. If I had my way I would plant them outside but the state says no.

oLd1
One other thing the plant in the first picture might make it if you stop watering it. Both plants look like they have been drowned.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

You may want to use a humidity dome after the seed sprouts and you have your first starter leaves. They are delicate and need humidity on the leaves. If you have good tap water with low PPM, just add a few drops of cal mag nutrient into a spray bottle of tap water that has had a chance to air the chlorine away first. If you dont have a seedling dome then cut off the top of a 2 litre soda bottle and make a diy seedling dome. Then mist the inside of the dome with a couple of sprays and just one light mist on top of the leaves of your baby seedling and a couple gentle mist on the soil surrounding the stem. Its easy to drown these seedling from over watering. Best to underwater at first and mist the inside of the dome. You need to keep the humidity high during the early seedling stage then after a couple of weeks you can remove the dome for 20 minutes a couple times a day and then remist (gentle hardening). Once they outgrow the dome just keep some humidity in your tent. The fan removes humidity from the air so although circulation is good, it tends to bring the humidity down. A tray of water will help counteract or a humidifier if that isnt keeping the humidity up enough. They will grow much faster in a humidity environment but dont overdo it. You dont want to bring on Powdery Mold.. 70-90 percent humidity in the dome is a good range, then after the dome is removed 50-55% in the tent would be a safe bet and then you can lower it to under 50% after you begin transitioning to flower.... Good luck with
Exacly

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
🤔 media needs more perlite for sure. Happy frog is like mud. Some people mix 50/50 happy frog/ocean forest. Never done it myself. No aeration to the root zone. You suffocated your plants then cooked em. I’ve grown autos and never have they got me stoned. It was like I was smoking hemp. Good luck and happy grows.
burnz

growsince79

growsince79

🤔 media needs more perlite for sure. Happy frog is like mud. Some people mix 50/50 happy frog/ocean forest. Never done it myself. No aeration to the root zone. You suffocated your plants then cooked em. I’ve grown autos and never have they got me stoned. It was like I was smoking hemp. Good luck and happy grows.
burnz
How is that possible? All the seed companies claim autos are just as potent as photos. Do you think it might be a scam to sell more seeds-seeds that can't be cloned and makes garbage breeders? I've never grown one, but none of the ones I've sampled has been any good.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
How is that possible? All the seed companies claim autos are just as potent as photos. Do you think it might be a scam to sell more seeds-seeds that can't be cloned and makes garbage breeders? I've never grown one, but none of the ones I've sampled has been any good.
I’ve never grown humboldt seed company autos, but they are supposed to be the real deal. I would trust their genetics and testing. Not sure if I feel it’s a scam per se, but it’s def a cash cow. If people have a small space to keep a mother plant 🌱 and learn how to clone, they could cut clones fill a tent and veg for a week or two and flip. They’ll have a lot more dank than a bunch of wasted time on autos. Same shit. But they gotta learn how to cultivate a bit better first. I’m stoned as fuck and not sure where I’m taking this hahahaha

oLd1

oLd1

Yes I did.

oLd1
What type soil u using try living soil . Lift it up to 28 to 30 above when germinate and seedling once getting bigger then bring down exhust fan it to take out stale air and hotness humity. Also bring in fresh air threw the bottom . If doing passive ventilation. I got a 3x3x6 what I do I got a 4 inch exhust. Gotta dial all in once u see the walls of tent suck in u good . Tower fan is good too.
This is what I have. Bottom just the hose, Top is pulled with Inline Fan.

oLd1

F555FFBC B53A 43DE 861D F97182086938
C53EDB25 F829 48B6 A529 9DCAC441461D
growsince79

growsince79

I’ve never grown humboldt seed company autos, but they are supposed to be the real deal. I would trust their genetics and testing. Not sure if I feel it’s a scam per se, but it’s def a cash cow. If people have a small space to keep a mother plant 🌱 and learn how to clone, they could cut clones fill a tent and veg for a week or two and flip. They’ll have a lot more dank than a bunch of wasted time on autos. Same shit. But they gotta learn how to cultivate a bit better first. I’m stoned as fuck and not sure where I’m taking this hahahaha
I made some hybrids that can go 12-12 from seed and make 3-4oz in 90 days. Who needs autos. They might be good outoors in northern zones, if you can find one that's consistently as potent as photos.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I look at photos versus Auto’s like I do my Bikes. Do I ride my Harley or Indian today. Grow what you like. Each has their own advantages. I prefer photos personally but I have grown some autos that are on par with photos as far as stoniness and yield.

Krispy420

Krispy420

They might be good outoors in northern zones, if you can find one that's consistently as potent as photos
this is what attracted me to autos. A year ago I had no clue what they were I had never even heard of them but this year a friend gave me some babies to grow outdoors, one of them ended being an autoflower that weighed more than the photos that were the same size by quite a bit and didn't struggle to reach maturity like some of the photos did. I think anybody who says autos are significantly less potent is talking out their ass. I guarantee not a single one of them could smoke a auto flower then smoke a photo and tell you which was which. nug is nug.

DirtKing

DirtKing

Plenty of good info in here to help you get off on the right foot with your next batch. I didn't read everything but felt it worth mentioning that the tent is not entirely just for containing the smell... provides a controlled environment, and can help to keep insects/household animals out for starters. The reason the tent was being sucked in was due to negative pressure (which you want) but if it's too much you can open another vent, or unzip the door until the pressure is where you want it. As long as a piece of paper gets sucked to the vents your gtg, and you should be able to feel by hand if air is being drawn in properly.

My best suggestion would be to run a screened fully extended dryer vent hose to a cooler fresh air source, such as a window. Raise your lights and keep them on low, if the seedlings are stretching then lower the light or turn up the power - watch those temps. Check frequently until you reach a stable temp in the correct range. You were running too hot. Btw if you have too much negative pressure your fan will have difficulty drawing the air/heat out of the tent.

oLd1

oLd1

Son said I didn’t have my light up high enough.

He has a Big Closet. He just needs better light I have him taken care of on this. He is going to take these home and see if he can get them to grow.

I’m going to try some Autos in my Tent see how they do. After I make some changes.

oLd1

Latest posts

Top Bottom