• Thread starter kushpheen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xkushxmanx

where can i find out the info regarding the sb420 laws getting chucked

A

anikas88

The sad part is most people who are going to vote for this are thinking they are doing a good thing. Ive already seen a bunch of misguided people rallying behind this really hard

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

lets just hope that the medical community can come together and not vote for this bill. Lets face it this would destroy a lot of peoples lively hoods, and would make the fat cats fatter! really we all know that the current medical marijuana laws are pretty decent, i would rather spend 150 dollars on my script then 150 at a club for a half ounce. It would not even be legal, if someone is telling you how much you can or cant have then that is still major control. anytime the goverment is interested in something like this its because they see another way to control and make money of us. I say lets keep the goverment out of our bussiness and do what weve been doing. In california its not like even people without medical are doing time for possesion of a few grams, but this bill would put kids and peeps under 21 in jail for possesion, come on this is a joke, its worse for the real smokers and yah it might make it ok for the old lady across the street to have a joint now but, shit it certainly fucks you and me, plus pretty certain old lady across the street can get a card with her 150$ not too hard if we can show some dr. visits!

urbanite420

urbanite420

Sorry, but no one thus far has appropriately understood the bill as it pertains to Prop 215 and MMJ patients. The following 2 statements protects MMJ patients from the new legislature. Remember that this legislature pertains ONLY to RECREATIONAL users, not Medical users.

B. Purposes

7. Ensure that if a city decides not to tax and regulate the sale of cannabis, that buying and selling cannabis within that city’s limits remain illegal, but that the city’s citizens still have the right to possess and consume small amounts, except as permitted under Health and Safety Sections 11362.5 and 11362.7 through 11362.9. (Prop215)
8. Ensure that if a city decides it does want to tax and regulate the buying and selling of cannabis (to and from adults only), that a strictly controlled legal system is implemented to oversee and regulate cultivation, distribution, and sales, and that the city will have control over how and how much cannabis can be bought and sold, except as permitted under Health and Safety Sections 11362.5 and 11362.7 through 11362.9.

Patients, grow on...

urbanite420

urbanite420

If we get this passed, we can change it later. We need to make a stand against the feds that States Rights are protected under the US constitution. Furthermore, the US Constitution declares that what is allowed in one state should be allowed in all states. That would change our society as we know it. The powers that be do not like change...

Give me a few days to find the reference in the US Constitution.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Fat chance we would be able to change this law if it passes.Once Oaksterdam starts making money they will protect it with a furry! As for the consititution saying that what is allowed in one state should be allowed in all states, where did you see that at? It isn`t in the constitution anywhere.What Cali does has nothing to do with other states laws.All states make there own laws. And this Tax,Regulate,and Control prop is not legislation, it is a bill before the people.Big difference my friend.Oh and I`m voting a big fat NO!

S

stoptrickydick

Voting a big fat no here too. I remember when Jeff Jones (co author of the initiative) was selling grower certificates for $25 each at the now defunct OCBC. They weren't worth anything and they didn't mean anything, yet they were making money off of patients by doing this. I've watched Lee make tons of money from running his For Profit dispensary in Oakland and yet he had the nerve to go on NPR the other day and talk about how the farmers are screwing everyone with high priced weed. What a weasel this guy is.

squarepusher

squarepusher

weasel is true, I've heard stories in Nor Cal (I'm from so cal but have contacts up there) of him absolutely killing local growers, asking for consignment on harvests or flat out rejecting farmers calling their stuff trash. Or asking for consignment and then only giving partial money. From what I heard, local growers sometimes literally walk away from his stores in tears...

anyways, the CAlifornia Cannabis Initiative I believe was a far better bill. It strait up legalized it, would release prisoners from jail, no limits period. Unfortunately, Richard Lee backed his own bill from what I heard the same PR firm that handled Obamas presidential campaign, for the price of millions.

S

SkyHi

Sorry, but no one thus far has appropriately understood the bill as it pertains to Prop 215 and MMJ patients. The following 2 statements protects MMJ patients from the new legislature. Remember that this legislature pertains ONLY to RECREATIONAL users, not Medical users.

Patients, grow on...

Patient grow on? even if the price drop making indoor impossible ? or dispensaries close or turn recreational? so many things could indirectly affect mmj in a big way.

S

SkyHi

weasel is true, I've heard stories in Nor Cal (I'm from so cal but have contacts up there) of him absolutely killing local growers, asking for consignment on harvests or flat out rejecting farmers calling their stuff trash. Or asking for consignment and then only giving partial money. From what I heard, local growers sometimes literally walk away from his stores in tears...

anyways, the CAlifornia Cannabis Initiative I believe was a far better bill. It strait up legalized it, would release prisoners from jail, no limits period. Unfortunately, Richard Lee backed his own bill from what I heard the same PR firm that handled Obamas presidential campaign, for the price of millions.

Exactly, why would this bill even exist? if not for greed

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
What needs to happen is to have growers pool together and start our own despenseries. Pay fair prices to the member growers and sell medication at fair price to med users.We could compete with Oaksterdam and fund the California Cannabis Initiatve.We use his play book for a better California.Any one else second this motion?

urbanite420

urbanite420

As for the consititution saying that what is allowed in one state should be allowed in all states, where did you see that at? It isn`t in the constitution anywhere.

What the hell do you think this means??? Do you know how to read critically??? WTF!

US Constitution: "Article IV

Section 1. Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records, and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Section 2. The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

What you have to say to that?

Yes, we CAN change it later. What do you think SB420 was trying to do to Prop 215??? The only difference between SB420 and what would come later for this new legislation is that SB420 was brought forth before congress by a legislature, in our case it is the PEOPLE that should be screaming at our legislature what to write into law. So don't give me any shit about not being able to change our laws. That is what made America America.

As far as Oaksterdam...If they are:
* Limiting supply
* Predatory pricing
* Price discrimination
* Refusal to deal and exclusive dealing
* Tying (commerce) and product bundling

they would become a Monopoly, fully vulnerable for legal attack from the feds, so don't trip.

For the peoples up in NorCal...Honestly all the MMJ i have been utilizing is from LA. Since There is so much production here (and there) that I think the law would be irrelevant to those already growing, but I could be wrong.

The only reason I am against this new legislation is this:
12. Make cannabis available for scientific, medical, industrial, and research purposes.

This would give seed and other biotech companies the ability to patent whatever findings they come across. This is the path the hell. But we can prevent this.

Stop bitchin and start reading more analytically, is all I have to say to those tryin to bash on me.

urbanite420

urbanite420

What needs to happen is to have growers pool together and start our own despenseries. Pay fair prices to the member growers and sell medication at fair price to med users.We could compete with Oaksterdam and fund the California Cannabis Initiatve.We use his play book for a better California.Any one else second this motion?

What do you think has been going on for the past 10 years. Growers ARE pooling together to start their own dispensaries.
Examples: Suite 215, PNC, Progressive Options, and others that I don't know about.

urbanite420

urbanite420

Apparently no has read section 5 which allows changes and modifications:

Section 5: Amendment
Pursuant to Article 2, section 10(c) of the California Constitution, this Act may be amended either by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election; or by statute validly passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor, but only to further the purposes of the Act. Such permitted amendments include but are not limited to:

(a) Amendments to the limitations in section 11300, which limitations are minimum thresholds and the Legislature may adopt less restrictive limitations.

(b) Statutes and authorize regulations to further the purposes of the Act to establish a statewide regulatory system for a commercial cannabis industry that addresses some or all of the items referenced in Sections 11301 and 11302.

(c) Laws to authorize the production of hemp or non-active cannabis for horticultural and industrial purposes.

Are we thinking outside the box yet?

I think I'm wasting my time being a scientist, I should be a lawyer!

urbanite420

urbanite420

Nope still vote no!!!! sorry dude

That's fine, bro. I'm not telling anyone to vote either way. I'm tryin to show you the law, and I give MY interpretation (and I think i'm on the right track, but I could be wrong). Everyone is free to make up their own mind. I just don't appreciate it when people are claiming to be informed citizens, calling my statements BS (not that you did) and don't even have any literature to back themselves up.

To be honest I still haven't totally decided, but as of now, I am leaning towards yes.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
What the hell do you think this means??? Do you know how to read critically??? WTF!

US Constitution: "Article IV

Section 1. Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records, and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Section 2. The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

What you have to say to that?

Yes, we CAN change it later. What do you think SB420 was trying to do to Prop 215??? The only difference between SB420 and what would come later for this new legislation is that SB420 was brought forth before congress by a legislature, in our case it is the PEOPLE that should be screaming at our legislature what to write into law. So don't give me any shit about not being able to change our laws. That is what made America America.

As far as Oaksterdam...If they are:
* Limiting supply
* Predatory pricing
* Price discrimination
* Refusal to deal and exclusive dealing
* Tying (commerce) and product bundling

they would become a Monopoly, fully vulnerable for legal attack from the feds, so don't trip.

For the peoples up in NorCal...Honestly all the MMJ i have been utilizing is from LA. Since There is so much production here (and there) that I think the law would be irrelevant to those already growing, but I could be wrong.

The only reason I am against this new legislation is this:
12. Make cannabis available for scientific, medical, industrial, and research purposes.

This would give seed and other biotech companies the ability to patent whatever findings they come across. This is the path the hell. But we can prevent this.

Stop bitchin and start reading more analytically, is all I have to say to those tryin to bash on me.

What I say to that is; Citizens of other states don`t have any say in the making of laws in other than there home state but do enjoy the rights of visiting states.

The vote of the people out wieghts the legistlative and executive branches of goverment always. The judicial branch of goverment has the responcibility to inturpit and when unconsititional strike laws of both the legisltion and the people but may not inact law in it`s self. If the people vote in this law it will not hold up in court that the goverment can change any wording.Only the vote of the people can out weigh the law voted on by the people. That`s not to say that the people can not do just that! But really people are way to infuenced by bilboards,comercials,and advertisments.The despenceries have all ready had a great infuence over the people with the money they have made from mmj ,ad more icome from this law passing and they would be able to aford an even bigger fight to keep it in force.That`s what I ment by it would be hard to change this law after it would be inacted. I won`t vote in favor of this law in November!

Top Bottom