BP British Petroleum Disaster...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MASSES 420KING

can any one on the gulf and east coasts imagine having it rain oil down upon us well imo it literally just might happen whats gonna happen when a big hurricane comes up the gulf its gonna pick up the top layer of water which just so happens to be covered in oil its gonna fuckin rain oil

convex

convex

Who is to blame? Bush is a good start it was his administration that gave the ok to drill this experimental well. The MMS that did not supervise this "night mare well". Obama for not cleaning house when he took office. But.... ultimately it is you an I as fuel burning americans, our addiction to petroleum drives these money hungry corporate scum bags to do any thing for the almighty dollar. Let me digress "the love of money is the root of all evil"!!!!!!! Ultimately as americans we have to take back our country from the corporations. They have too much power too many rights backed up by the US Supreme court. Its not only the gulf residents losing their way of life its every american except the right wing cooks that like it this way. FUCK DRILL BABY DRILL. And fuck all the short sighted people who buy into this shit and call me un american. I love this country but I don't trust the corporations that are running (ruining) it. Enjoy a big fatty while you can there might not be much time left. PEACE

You hit the nail on the head ...

Now if the gov'ts of North America would step in and make alternative sources affordable ... $100K to buy a solar option to power a 1200 sq ft bungalow is ridiculous!

O

ODGG

Buy BP stock, they are not to big to fail, they have too much money to fail.

N

nog

fuck BP they made the mess they should clean it up, ime pissed off with taxpayers money being used to bail out big corporations, they are worried that BP might go bust and half the pension plans in the UK would be fucked. Tough, people need to realise that investing money in stock markets on shares for whaever reason is gambling, if the horse i back dosn't win, the govt dosn't bail me out. All those rich wankers who lost their life savings like the boxer Henry Cooper when Lloyds went under were all moaning and wanted compensating by the government, which means tax-payer really, but they knew it was high risk, that was why they got higher intrest rates on their investments, if they lost, thats their greedy fault.
next time you get busted and loose all your kit, see if the government will bail you out,
not on this planet. anyway as i just said on another thread, sack the politics and talk about weed.

C

CAPO

WOw, check this one, it's from a science site.

BP Disaster link:

This is completely disturbing Dub!!...I've got family all over FL....as if the environmental damage wasn't enough..:character0053::puke;(

we have to worry about amassive methane bubble that could kill millions of people.....:sign0065:

convex

convex

This is completely disturbing Dub!!...I've got family all over FL....as if the environmental damage wasn't enough..:character0053::puke;(

we have to worry about amassive methane bubble that could kill millions of people.....:sign0065:

Gives me an end of days shiver!
Methane + lightning = "... and fire shall rain from the sky ..."

Think I will be going to church tomorrow ...

C

CAPO

haha....that article is supposed to be a science news article from a science website, with real pictures of recent leaks of Methane from cracks in the Gulf's Ocean bedrock, and a long standing warning from the science community that deep ocean drilling just may be more catastrophical than anyone could imagine because of this.
Paranoid or informed the Methane is a reality. I can't put it in the same category as the paranoia from the info NASA leaks about the Sun...which in my opinion is to start a paranoid fear to get more Govt funding and feed off end-of-world paranoia.

convex

convex

There's no truth that stoners are paranoid is there?

LOL Nope!

Then again, if I told you 3 months ago that drilling in the Gulf could cause global consequences I am sure I would have been dismissed as a paranoid nut ;)

L

LEBDOG

Homeland Security Warns About CyberAttacks

I just saw an MSNBC Report warning of high level cyber attacks. Now please don't dismiss this as further nonsense as I believe our Homeland Security is using this and similar phony warnings to control the Internet.

All of this free information is circulating via the Internet and the government has no control of it's dissemination. If Homeland Security or the Government are allow to filter or regulate or shut down the Internet this may dramatically effect efforts to spread the logical truth.

I ask all THCF members to watch for this destruction of the free Internet by the government bodies. Research Internet2 if you are unaware of these reports. Internet2 is very scary and many cable and data companies are pushing for this. Please do not allow us to lose the Internet.

I suggest AlterNet (which is my silly idea), of an expanded peer to peer based Internet based upon the existing infrastructure using wireless & satellite IP ping pong communication. This could operate like pirate radio. If I had to settle on slower speeds to have the truth at my fingertips, I would make do. This is if Red Dawn ever happened. I would love to get Willy, Jesse, Alex, Glenn Beck and Ron Paul together and explain my idea to them. I think this is something we need to look at before we lose our free information.

Maybe, the paranoia is effecting me too, but I agree it's better to act preemptively. Thanks for not taking anger or anything silly from my posts. This site is full of true Patriots and I know Thomas Jefferson would agree with me 100%, then we'd go smoke a blunt and bang the help.

convex

convex

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was lead to believe internet 2 was intended to bring back the original design intent of the internet - a mechanism to disseminate and collect data between research and educational facilities and to steer away from the commercial prevalence that todays internet has become.

Remember the early days of the web? Archie, Veronica, gopher space? All tools originally used by science and edu.

Cheers

L

LEBDOG

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was lead to believe internet 2 was intended to bring back the original design intent of the internet - a mechanism to disseminate and collect data between research and educational facilities and to steer away from the commercial prevalence that todays internet has become.

IE: Filtering (who makes those decisions)

There is not technical way to steer away from commercials, so saying that (not you - the creators) are simply lying. This is a way to control the Internet and take away your freedom. For example an AT&T customer won't get Verizon Ads and can't even pull up the Verizon Website. That is CONTROL and quite scary. Don't but in to the hype as it's only being given to us by people with motives.

Background, I have been a Unix, Linux, Windows Server Tech (Internet Specific) since 1994 and understand this more than I like to admit.

convex

convex

We have similar backgrounds ... albeit I am now retired.

But, is it not still the case that the commercial internet as we know it will remain while the internet 2 or undernet will be developed in paralell to facilitate edu and research without the commercial fodder?

Or has the design path altered since I was current in such matters?

Cheers!

L

LEBDOG

I prefer to filter my own content.

But, is it not still the case that the commercial internet as we know it will remain while the internet 2 or undernet will be developed in paralell to facilitate edu and research without the commercial fodder?

Cheers!

As I attend broadcaster conventions worldwide, they wish to phase out the access to Internet1, but do not have a specific plan for this yet. Those who setup the infrastructure for our residential access want to control or guide our experience, and get as many impressions as they can for their paid advertisers. This is the corporate motives for net2.

I believe that the Fed. Gov. is looking for a kill switch to the Internet and once the migration is complete they got it. This paragraph is my opinion, but I know many colleagues to share my logical fears.

I can't imagine the top level discussions about all the compilations of information available. You know without the compilations of info, I defied myself and my own logic in accepting the governments version of what happened (911). With the compilations of video and audio recordings there is NO DOUBT to me the towers to taken down deliberately.

The biggest puzzle for me was this endless war on terror. That was the real shock and awe for me, that a president would have the balls to declare an open ended war. That Obama didn't immediately repeal this illogical war, he is in on it too. No one and nothing can change my mind from this logical conclusion. For the most part, your average American must really be ignorant, sheltered and personally weak.

convex

convex

Thanks for your insight Lebdog ;)

Seems the concerns are U.S.- centric and pertain to US ISP's.

I believe marshalling of data through US servers is already a reality.

I will use the Comedy Channel as an example ...
Following a link here in THCFarmer about an episode of South Park - I recieve an interception stating I am in Canada and must access through the Canadian site - but alas, the Canadian servers are not mirrors to US site and transaction fails - TRANSLATION - go to Canadian site to benefit thier Canadian sponsors.

France for example, already regulates data sources as does China - guess the US is next.

One might argue that Canada is over regulated, but our regulations also ensure that this will never happen here.

L

Lost

Easy to say that when Canada has easy to mine sand (not easy to refine, easy to mine) oil as opposed to oil reserves a mile deep..

C

CAPO

My Dad told me that we just found our biggest oil reserve im MT...but I can't find anything to back up what he is saying...anybody else know about this?

M

MASSES 420KING

Cheers!

that is the internet the obama admin is pushing for its free to every house and the web is more heavily monitered ya i forget same shit that alex jones and glen beck were talking about a few weeks ago

Latest posts

Top Bottom