CO2

Let's kick it!

G

Gandalf

I'm in for the show. :)
Always interesting to see LED gardens..

D

dunit

Pre-flowers well established. These lights don't have a huge coverage area but the LED's I've tried previously had huge coverage areas but absolutely no penetrating power and you couldn't run plants more than about 10" tall.

These guys advertise that they are all 3W led's and have some sort of special lens (which I think is probably just a narrow lens) to get big penetration and produce dense buds and I must say that the penetration on these 357's is phenomenal. Will post some pics from the top between the plants to show you.

For those of us who are concerned with plant numbers (my liscense is only for 24 plants and I like to have two stages going) the penetration is critical to grow some decent sized plants.

Any questions or pic requests I'll try to accomodate.

CO2 averages 1300 and temp is 85F

P1030409
P1030410
P1030411
P1030412
P1030413
P1030415

1080p

Will be following this thread... nice plants. I'm excited to have found a L.E.D manufacture that seems to have a proper product at a reasonable price... . The unit in your photo looks like it's quality made. (im a sucker for red paint) lol... Do these units use 3 watt led's ???

D

dunit

Yeah the red sold me. Nothing gets the blood pumping like the color of a cheap hookers lipstick :-)

Yup ALL 3W led's. That's the reason I chose this one. Found lots that were advertised as 3Watt/3 chipsets which is just 3 1W diodes in each LED housing so they mostly just get hot and inefficient. I've run Procyon LED's in the past and they were 2W CREE led's but the cost was ridiculous. 100W Procyons cost pretty much the same as these 357 Magnums. They are a new company (when I ordered them their website wasn't even fully funcional) but their parent company is GrowPerfect who produce the ISIS 170 which I have used for veg for some time and love it.

D

dunit

So repotted the ladies today and hopefully they appreciate the larger homes and grow accordingly :-)

Today is day 14 of flower

P1030440
P1030443
P1030446
P1030447
P1030448
D

dunit

Thanks! The leaves are always such a deep dark lush green when you bring LED grown plants out into natural light. Took a few pics on Day 15 of Flower from some different angles to get a feel for the penetration on these lights. For reference the plants are now averaging 18" tall and the lights are 12" from the plants.

P1030451
P1030452
P1030453
P1030454
P1030455
DieselBoy

DieselBoy

Thanks for posting a diary with the .357s. I saw them advertised and I'm excited to see the results. Looks great so far!

S

SYROUS

Nice man ,24 plants is a nice amount to work with,whats the price tag on one of those leds

D

dunit

Yup. About $300 more than the 600WHPS settups I used to run and I'm thinking they'll perform at least on par with those and the way things are looking probably closer to a 750 HID but don't want to get too far ahead of myself :-)

Its a few extra bucks upfront but I didn't have to buy an A/C to run a sealed room with co2. Even just on bulb changes and I changed bulbs twice a year so should be even by the end of the year and then for the next 5-7 years it's like putting money in my pocket :-)

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Lets hope you get the big 600w type buds, fingers crossed for ya

G81

K

kinzla34

interesting. Do you have a spectral analysis that shows the PAR wavelengths these are emitting? Also what is the area that one of these should cover?

thanks

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

a testimonial on the site claims 1000 g off of two magnums. that's already 1.40 g/w...best of luck with your grow.

LED have only just now gotten as bright as HID, and they're way too expensive. in 12-24 months crees will make it to hobby lights.

D

dunit

a testimonial on the site claims 1000 g off of two magnums. that's already 1.40 g/w...best of luck with your grow.

LED have only just now gotten as bright as HID, and they're way too expensive. in 12-24 months crees will make it to hobby lights.

Sooooo Cree as in the LED manufacturer? Cree will make LED's look like hobby lights? :confused0059:

D

dunit

interesting. Do you have a spectral analysis that shows the PAR wavelengths these are emitting? Also what is the area that one of these should cover?

thanks

Well they are a new company and they seem to be doing lots of updating to their website. The chart that was up has been replaced with two showing the output of the two seperate modes but not the one showing them run together. I'll inquire and post it when I get it.

As for footprint.....I'm not very forgiving on these specs and really feel that pretty much every manufacturer overstates their potential, including HID, but they also said my Hyundai got 26mpg in the city and that isn't working out so well but I got a heavy foot......or as much as you can with a Hyundai :)

I am planning on covering a 4ft by 3ft area per light with decent crosslighting in the overlap. That's pretty much how I used to run my 600W HPS's so it will be interesting.

It's my first run with these lights and my first run with what I consider real LED's. I hope to do well but also hope to learn lots and do better every run.

The strain I'm running isn't known for being a stunning producer and hoping to run Super Lemon Haze next time but I'll give it all I got :rauch08:

Anyone with LED experience that has any pointers feel free to jump in

Top Bottom