Brand new caregiver in need of help.

• Thread starter katiemarie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

katiemarie

Hi I was just going to write you again, I have to water today, just getting ready to go do that now. I will water them wait a few hours and send you pics again.
I have read that the plants need about 45 watts of light per square inch. It doesnt say if that square foot of the room or the plants my room is 10 x 6 with 8 ' ceiling. I have a 1000 watt hps on them by may switch it to mh today, going to try and make that bulb work. will keep in touch fro sure your help is invaluable to me. :)
Would they grow faster if I keep both mh and hps on them? Have read they would. I ventilated the room yesterday now it stays at an even 75 to 80 degrees. drops down at night to about 70 which should be perfect huh?

A

Alien Abductee

Hi I was just going to write you again, I have to water today, just getting ready to go do that now. I will water them wait a few hours and send you pics again.
I have read that the plants need about 45 watts of light per square inch. It doesnt say if that square foot of the room or the plants my room is 10 x 6 with 8 ' ceiling. I have a 1000 watt hps on them by may switch it to mh today, going to try and make that bulb work. will keep in touch fro sure your help is invaluable to me. :)
Would they grow faster if I keep both mh and hps on them? Have read they would. I ventilated the room yesterday now it stays at an even 75 to 80 degrees. drops down at night to about 70 which should be perfect huh?

If you have both and can use both, by all means do. Just put them close together in the center maybe separated by 1 foot or so. Make sure they are not to close to your plants, your doubling the IR and UV light on the plants, which can be damaging. at least 16 inches from the top, maybe 24 would be more idea.

70 degrees with 60% RH is pretty good conditions for the plant to grow.

A

Alien Abductee

light falls off as the distance grows, so the edges of your grow would be about 20 watts, while the center of the room would be much higher. Each 1000 watt light will cover roughly 20 square feet, so learn to work within footprints of light and you'll be fine.

What is the dimensions of your plants?

K

katiemarie

I wish they had an online chat on here that would be so cool...

The footprint of my plants is about 4 x4 so 16 square ft. So the 1000 watt MH covers them fine I guess.
I cant get the temp below 80 in there my humidity is around 55. I did order new fan to exhause with and if I run the ductwork directly from the intake through the lights and out Im sure it will go down to 70 degrees.
I measured the plants the day before yesterday and again to today, they all grew between 1-1/2 and 2 " in 2 days...not bad I guess.
Do you think they will grow faster if I add that other light light? I have to justify the cost of nother 1000 watter, I havent gotten my first light bill yet, am not looking forward to that ha!...I also hve some flurescents could I use them instead of the hps?
Should I place the plants half and half under each light would that be ideal?
I watered them,,,the leaves are curling under at the tips again but couldn't that be from needing water as they probably could have watered stood to be watered last night. I need to do a runoff test and see if the ph is low again.
Im gonna run down there and take a few pics, be right back :)

K

katiemarie

Do you use an IP hider or anything when going on these sites? I tried to read about it online with no luck...

A

Alien Abductee

Stick with just the MH light then. That is pretty good growth rate actually. just at the tips or is the whole leaf curling

K

katiemarie

Hahaha! Thats good. Ok here are the pics, just watered an hour or so ago, I took some up close shots of some of the leaves showing deficiencies, i think most of it is old from when the PH was screwy but the light yellow ones at the bottom are new, probably N deficit, I gave them a full dose of Big Bloom because of it, I just felt like I should, hope that was good decision, even since the last post the leaves have perked up some, still need to do a runoff test.
Have the temp down to 76.

K

katiemarie

I need to trim that big plant and start flowering it. I will just stick it in a dark closet for 12 hrs a day. I think when these FF nutes are gone I am going to start making my own with the guano and kelp etc...I can make a good all around nutrient if Iget a good recipe cant I?
You said to stick with just the MH is that because at the rate there growing the other light wont really make them grow any faster therefore wont justify the cost? just curious.
again so thankful for you helping me so much!

K

katiemarie

should I trim (lollipop) that big plant and even do some trimming in these smaller ones to get them bushier? theyre so tall and stringy probably from the hps bulb. huh?

A

Alien Abductee

should I trim (lollipop) that big plant and even do some trimming in these smaller ones to get them bushier? theyre so tall and stringy probably from the hps bulb. huh?

yeah.. cant really go back and fix them, kinda have to just go forward.

A

Alien Abductee

Just remember, they will bush out a good deal in pre-flower, almost doubling in size.

K

katiemarie

I fert them full strength and put them under that MH and they grew 3 to 4 inches since yesterday Alien, I swear to God, thats good huh LOL

A

Alien Abductee

I fert them full strength and put them under that MH and they grew 3 to 4 inches since yesterday Alien, I swear to God, thats good huh LOL

Wow, nice :) if your working with about 6 foot of space up, since the lights will be about 2, you might want to start flowering them, they roughly grow in height by about 2.5 times. If they are 2 feet, they end little under 6.

A

Alien Abductee

Ok so, we got the soil right, the light right, and the nutes right. That will always be the recipe for success in soil.

Managing those 3 aspects are what its all about. The most common problems are soil PH. Testing the run off every so often is key to understanding what is going on in the soil. Always side on the cautious side when it comes to nutes and always have enough light of the right spectrum.

You just had a crash course, but your well on your way :)

Next is problem solving identification.

K

katiemarie

Yes and I have learned a lot from you so thanks man :) :) Im so excited there doing better.
Can you hook me up with an organic tea I mean I see a ton of recipes but wanted to see what you think is best, I want to do a foliar feed and see if it does anything,
Have you seen this air cloning? It looks so easy Im gonna try it got that expensive dng cloning gel today. Gonna try and find the link to the video so I can see what you think...
Peace friend :)

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Yes and I have learned a lot from you so thanks man :) :) Im so excited there doing better.
Can you hook me up with an organic tea I mean I see a ton of recipes but wanted to see what you think is best, I want to do a foliar feed and see if it does anything,
Have you seen this air cloning? It looks so easy Im gonna try it got that expensive dng cloning gel today. Gonna try and find the link to the video so I can see what you think...
Peace friend :)

Trust me is so much of a loaded question about the tea, You will 10,000 different answer's. But from practice again I can see keep it simple. The one I like and seem to have the best success with is 1 Cup EWC,(in a sock) 1 cap full Liquid seaweed, 1 cap full liquid kelp and 1/2 tbl spoon of molasses . Aerated for two days, shit will be foaming like a MF. Oops for 1 Gallon of water

Top Bottom