Breaking In De 1000 Watt Bulbs

• Thread starter Twitch420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Twitch420

Twitch420

Having a hard time finding info on breaking in a de hps bulb thoughts and info from Anyone who knows would be awesome .Got 20 so don't really want to run them any longer then I need to with nothing under them.

hermit186

hermit186

Soft thin cloth no chemicals or water use nothing that will leave a film on the bulb will end it right then. The oil from your hands will turn into a print and then crack.
They are best left alone. Taking them down and putting in cardboard holder and stacked on shelf cost me 1/3 my woman add windex to her's ended 75%

Twitch420

Twitch420

Soft thin cloth no chemicals or water use nothing that will leave a film on the bulb will end it right then. The oil from your hands will turn into a print and then crack.
They are best left alone. Taking them down and putting in cardboard holder and stacked on shelf cost me 1/3 my woman add windex to her's ended 75%
Do I need to run them for a while before putting plants under them?

hermit186

hermit186

I have only done it once but I would run one cycle before I put plants in there.
It doesn't take much light pattern disruption to cause the dreaded hermies.
When I flip down to 12 I do it over 4 days.
I am mostly going by what all my growing friends say.

Freshone

Freshone

It's best to run at least 10 hours to burn in the first time is what I think I read,that was for Philips de.
Can put plants under them anytime.

hermit186

hermit186

I would say yes but don't know I use a 6 bulb T-5 veg light for Starting under It's big enough to give 100% of it's light over my Starte table. I have read here that it's easier on the beginning plants and if you use clones it is better for them because is not so intense. I use a Veg (blue)Led light to clone under but the Florescent is pushing light thru the whole area. I am very sure that Led's are not good for Vegging because it causes stretch and in the white strains I mean stretch also Bublishous is another that will stretch a lot. I believe that you need a full spectrum of light for the auto's but I don't grow so I don't know. I grow Reg(for me) and Fem(for the buck's). I believe that Reg are a better smoke. If you look at the world around you today we as the great brains have done badly helping Ma nature. She dose do better left alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom