Breaking In De 1000 Watt Bulbs

• Thread starter Twitch420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Twitch420

Twitch420

Having a hard time finding info on breaking in a de hps bulb thoughts and info from Anyone who knows would be awesome .Got 20 so don't really want to run them any longer then I need to with nothing under them.

hermit186

hermit186

Soft thin cloth no chemicals or water use nothing that will leave a film on the bulb will end it right then. The oil from your hands will turn into a print and then crack.
They are best left alone. Taking them down and putting in cardboard holder and stacked on shelf cost me 1/3 my woman add windex to her's ended 75%

Twitch420

Twitch420

Soft thin cloth no chemicals or water use nothing that will leave a film on the bulb will end it right then. The oil from your hands will turn into a print and then crack.
They are best left alone. Taking them down and putting in cardboard holder and stacked on shelf cost me 1/3 my woman add windex to her's ended 75%
Do I need to run them for a while before putting plants under them?

hermit186

hermit186

I have only done it once but I would run one cycle before I put plants in there.
It doesn't take much light pattern disruption to cause the dreaded hermies.
When I flip down to 12 I do it over 4 days.
I am mostly going by what all my growing friends say.

Freshone

Freshone

It's best to run at least 10 hours to burn in the first time is what I think I read,that was for Philips de.
Can put plants under them anytime.

hermit186

hermit186

I would say yes but don't know I use a 6 bulb T-5 veg light for Starting under It's big enough to give 100% of it's light over my Starte table. I have read here that it's easier on the beginning plants and if you use clones it is better for them because is not so intense. I use a Veg (blue)Led light to clone under but the Florescent is pushing light thru the whole area. I am very sure that Led's are not good for Vegging because it causes stretch and in the white strains I mean stretch also Bublishous is another that will stretch a lot. I believe that you need a full spectrum of light for the auto's but I don't grow so I don't know. I grow Reg(for me) and Fem(for the buck's). I believe that Reg are a better smoke. If you look at the world around you today we as the great brains have done badly helping Ma nature. She dose do better left alone.

Top Bottom