Breeding talk for everyone to understand

• Thread starter Chad.Westport
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Its true and kind of funny, you can find the same typo in the same place on like 20 websites all that have an article about the topic. Copy / Paste, Copy / Paste.

I'll have to get some of your technique from you on collecting it. I've down shaking it into a jar, I've done letting it fall on parchment paper in a shoe box, I collected it in a bag and then tied that bag later to a branch and shook. I've painted it on from the jar (which may have remained too moist) and even let the pollen I the shoebox dry before collecting it in a jar and then brushed it on. I see the pollen on the pistils, just have never got a single damn bean that way. So any help would be appreciated ;)
I'll cut a main top off a male thats almost ready to open. Put it in a vase of tap water and bend the top over so the pollen drops in a pyrex bowl. it will work right away and be viable for a week or so. If you want to save it, place it in an envelope and freeze it in a jar of dry rice. I just used some 16 month old and it worked perfect.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok I'll chair if you be vice pres with veto (and thread edit) authority lol...

We will still need a technical advisor, donations of seed, evaluators... Probably time to move it over to PM's. But I think this could be fun, and quite awesome if we put our noggins together on it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I'll chair if you be vice pres with veto authority lol...

We will still need a technical advisor, donations of seed, evaluators... Probably time to move it over to PM's. But I think this could be fun, and quite awesome if we put our noggins together on it.
Agreed. Gonna make dinner then maybe we make a dedicated thread and can sort out details.

We can set Vito rules on a vote lol.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I think there should be a minimum plant count honestly. You need to be able to compare the results against something, if you only get 2 female plants, you have no idea how much better or worse the rest of the crop is. For a project like this where we want to whittle it down in as few generational steps as possible it would be best to limit it to growers who can grow a minimum number of plants. Im not sure what that number should be, but I think more than 4 reg seeds.. And all participants in the hunt get a cut of the winning pheno.

That said, Once its in stable seed form it should be made available to anyone at the farm somehow.

I guess this is where things get awkward...🤣
Good points, I'd agree with that. Quantity is your friend in a pheno hunt. :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Rule #1 there will be no aquabag or such references used before during or after the formation of said committee, collaborative group or threads associated with such efforts.

All in favor?

😁 our first action!!!!! It's official no turning back now.... lmao

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm sooooo in on this if you guys would have me participate...? This is what I was talking about all the way back on post #89 lol 🤷‍♂️🤣 I totally understand that the genetics I was planning do may not be exciting but whatever the leadership ( @Aqua Man @Dirtbag ) on this project decides, I would honored to help however I can! ❤🌱

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think @Dirtbag is hoping to have a post up possibly tonight on a collaborative farm breeding project. Details and requirements will be included.
👍Hopefully "requirements" is as inclusive as possible because I was going to start a thread myself but I would never want to seem like it was a competitive thing! ❤ So I will wait anxiously for his post! Haha 😃

growsince79

growsince79

👍Hopefully "requirements" is as inclusive as possible because I was going to start a thread myself but I would never want to seem like it was a competitive thing! ❤ So I will wait anxiously for his post! Haha 😃
I'd pull up a chair. Be fun to watch. Last time I did f2s I had sister plants that were nothing like each other. I had 6 foot 120 day flower plant growing next to their sisters that's 2 foot 60 day plants. And of course everything in between.

Latest posts

Top Bottom